Quick Fort Updates

proudmomof4

DIS Veteran
2100 loop is currently closed.

Loops 600-1000 are mostly empty, while 1100-1300 loops are staying full. 1600-1900 loops are also staying full. 100 was full while 200 was only half full, I haven’t been through 300 yet.

While we were at Magic Kingdom this morning, they came through 1300 loop and took away all of the green hoses.

On our way back to our site this afternoon, we saw the trucks bringing the new appliances/coolers for Trail’s End. We have been told they are hoping to open midsummer.

I’ll keep an eye out for other changes and update on this thread.

Those covers specially made to go over your bunks are pretty cool. I had only ever seen peoples “homemade” solutions. I guess I am not surprised that someone started making and selling those, but still cool because I never saw before.

Those covers specially made to go over your bunks are pretty cool. I had only ever seen peoples “homemade” solutions. I guess I am not surprised that someone started making and selling those, but still cool because I never saw before.
They are pretty cool!

Gekko is a Canadian company, they have been in business a couple of years. They have been selling covers since they started but the custom Roo/Shamrock bunk end covers are a new product for them.

With the CAD to USD exchange rate, they were pretty reasonably priced for 2 custom covers.

I asked the site cleaner about the green hoses, she said they will no longer be at the sites. She said too many people were using them for drinking water.

The site cleaners will use their own hoses which they will carry on their utility carts. A quick connect was installed on the water spigots for the cast members to use.

They are pretty cool!

Gekko is a Canadian company, they have been in business a couple of years. They have been selling covers since they started but the custom Roo/Shamrock bunk end covers are a new product for them.

With the CAD to USD exchange rate, they were pretty reasonably priced for 2 custom covers.
Yup. Newer product from them I think. Pop up gizmos has made them for years. And they are a great help. Thanks for the updates!

I asked the site cleaner about the green hoses, she said they will no longer be at the sites. She said too many people were using them for drinking water.

The site cleaners will use their own hoses which they will carry on their utility carts. A quick connect was installed on the water spigots for the cast members to use.
I'm quite surprised with the holiday weekend those loops are empty,. I thought it would be packed. Maybe people come in tomorrow?

Once again, people misusing equipment results in it being taken away from all of us.

Thank you for providing these updates.

2100 loop is currently closed.

Loops 600-1000 are mostly empty, while 1100-1300 loops are staying full. 1600-1900 loops are also staying full. 100 was full while 200 was only half full, I haven’t been through 300 yet.

Although not an exhaustive list of all loops, it struck me that the Premium Meadows sites (the most expensive) sound mostly empty while the remaining non-Tent loops (Premium, Full, Preferred which are less expensive) have more folks in them.

And while mid-week in summer is not an ABSOLUTE barometer, it is a RELATIVE barometer of the economic impact of inflation right now and the price structure of the Fort campsites.

I agree that the Fort will see an influx of campers for the weekend and folks that will take Monday off to make it a 4-day weekend.

Bama Ed

PS - thanks for the updates, mom. :thumbsup2

So are there two spigots on the water hookup thingy, one for CMs to use and one for the guest? If they've installed a quick connect on the only spigot that could present a problem for some people.

I don't think I ever really looked since DH does the hookups.

Although not an exhaustive list of all loops, it struck me that the Premium Meadows sites (the most expensive) sound mostly empty while the remaining non-Tent loops (Premium, Full, Preferred which are less expensive) have more folks in them.

And while mid-week in summer is not an ABSOLUTE barometer, it is a RELATIVE barometer of the economic impact of inflation right now and the price structure of the Fort campsites.

I agree that the Fort will see an influx of campers for the weekend and folks that will take Monday off to make it a 4-day weekend.

Bama Ed

PS - thanks for the updates, mom. :thumbsup2

I have a feeling that with the way prices keep increasing a lot of campers that would choose to reserve meadow preferred/premium sites might be deciding to 'downgrade' their site choice to save a bit of money.

So are there two spigots on the water hookup thingy, one for CMs to use and one for the guest? If they've installed a quick connect on the only spigot that could present a problem for some people.

I don't think I ever really looked since DH does the hookups.
Yes, there are 2 spigots.

Rode through 1400, it was full, 1500 has a few empty sites and 2000 was half full.

The fields near both hitch/unhitch areas have been “roped” off. The right side as you are driving in is marked as “No Parking”. The other side is sectioned off to be used for parking.

The check in cast member had advised us that the Fort will be locked down 6/30-7/5.

Thanks for sharing the pics! Looks like I’d better not hold my breath for our trip coming up in 3 weeks LOL

Happy 4th of July!!!

We just rode the bikes around, most every loop has a handful of empty sites.

Found this construction site behind the theater screen at the campfire. I don’t know what they’re doing here.

IMG_3161.jpegIMG_3162.jpegIMG_3163.jpeg

Golf cart overflow parking for the Meadows pool. IMG_3164.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter