Quick Fort Updates

The TP CM said there was also a camping sign with Chip and Dale, but they sold out within hours of putting them on the floor.

I’m hoping they will have more before we leave on Friday.

Happy 4th of July!!!

We just rode the bikes around, most every loop has a handful of empty sites.

Found this construction site behind the theater screen at the campfire. I don’t know what they’re doing here.

View attachment 774798View attachment 774799View attachment 774800

Golf cart overflow parking for the Meadows pool. View attachment 774801
Thank you for the construction posts. We have our stay in early December. I keep hoping all will be done and "tested" out before then. It does seem to be moving slowly.
Very interesting behind the movie screen.

Rode through 1400, it was full, 1500 has a few empty sites and 2000 was half full.

The fields near both hitch/unhitch areas have been “roped” off. The right side as you are driving in is marked as “No Parking”. The other side is sectioned off to be used for parking.

The check in cast member had advised us that the Fort will be locked down 6/30-7/5.

So if they're 'locking down' (I assume that's no vehicles unless a registered guest) why do they need scads of extra parking?

BTW, love the merch posts! By any chance have you seen any of the Ft W camping chairs?

But then how will the locals get in to swim at the main Pool? Bus from DS? <sarcasm>

Do they really? Is there no locked gate at Meadows Pool? I've never used the pools at FtW (keep promising myself) but when I've stayed onsite at DLR you had to use your key card to get into the pools. I assumed you'd have to swipe a MB to get into the pools at the Fort.

So if they're 'locking down' (I assume that's no vehicles unless a registered guest) why do they need scads of extra parking?

BTW, love the merch posts! By any chance have you seen any of the Ft W camping chairs?

Do they really? Is there no locked gate at Meadows Pool? I've never used the pools at FtW (keep promising myself) but when I've stayed onsite at DLR you had to use your key card to get into the pools. I assumed you'd have to swipe a MB to get into the pools at the Fort.
They do have the camping chairs, I just haven’t noticed the prices. I’ll try to remember to take a look next time I’m at the TP.

@proudmomof4 how are the boys with fireworks? Whisky is terrified. She has had a rough couple of days. We are planning 2 weeks at the fort in November and now I am worried all the loud sounds are going to scare the crap out of her. the car and rv terrify her as well. Looking forward to the long drive and not wanting to be in the moving house, now there will be fireworks and nit sure what the electric water pageant will do to her. I hope whisky loves that dog park and being outside, plus the wildlife.

@proudmomof4 how are the boys with fireworks? Whisky is terrified. She has had a rough couple of days. We are planning 2 weeks at the fort in November and now I am worried all the loud sounds are going to scare the crap out of her. the car and rv terrify her as well. Looking forward to the long drive and not wanting to be in the moving house, now there will be fireworks and nit sure what the electric water pageant will do to her. I hope whisky loves that dog park and being outside, plus the wildlife.
I’m sorry to hear that Whisky is having a rough time. My boys are okay with fireworks, Scout (the less fluffy one) is terrified of storms though.

We are in 1300 loop and can hear Epcot and MK fireworks. We have only heard the water pageant once, but then we have the AC fan on all the time. We also use the television to cover some outside noise.

We have a new addition, a corgi we inherited from my oldest son. He does not like fireworks or storms, he barks but will stop after we tell him to stop a few times. He was only with us for the first week and then my son took him back for the 2nd week.

We haven’t really gone to the dog park. It’s so hot here right now that we can barely get the boys around the loop before they want to go back in the AC.

I had a friend tell me about Sileo for dogs who have storm/fireworks anxiety, she said it worked great for her dog this week. It requires a prescription, but it might be worth looking into for Whisky.

Holy crow! The price has gone up since the last time someone quoted it for me!

I see those are the 50th version so I assume they're selling off the stock they still have. I'm hoping by the time we get there they'll be offering the regular version, they were a little cheaper IIRC. That is, if they're even going to be offering camp chairs at all.

The identical ones we have we bought years ago for the Reno Air Races and they are extremely faded and a bit raggedy. We've been wanting to replace them and I'm keeping fingers crossed for FtW chairs.

Ya got anywhere to sit around here?
I got this one chair, but its not for sitting , its just for looking at........

Yes, thank you so much! I'm looking forward to others updating us too!

This thread is a great idea and 'sticky-ing' it an even better one!

We are home now, that’s another Fort trip in the books.

I would have liked to see everything completed, but I’ll anxiously follow along as others update us all to the changes at the Fort.
Thank you! Loved the updates and pics!

I will try to post here when we arrive in a couple more weeks. 😁

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter