Pure Speculation

nuts

Lover of Disney, Family Guy, and all around good p
Ok folks, this is getting interesting. My contact told me a year ago that DVC was seriously looking at partnering with another timeshare to expand globally (beyond the parks). They recognize that DVC is known more for Disney, and not outside. Well, I am assuming that you all saw the announcement about Four Seasons timeshare coming to Disney. This could be the beginnings of a partnership. go to http://www.fourseasons.com/residence_clubs/index.html
to get a good picture of their offerings. Very nice locations and very classy. The idea is that through the partnership we can stay at these locations using point charts (as if they were DVC locations). Bad news is that these owners could stay at our homes. Now understand, this is pure speculation based on a little bit of info provided to me...but it makes sense (joint venture between DVC and another classy timeshare).

It would certainly be a great way to expand the DVC portfolio and to offer a greater selection w/o the hassle and availability issues of going through Interval Int'l! Time will tell.

I don't think this will be a joint venture between DVC and the Four Seasons. First of all the press release was not from Disney Vacation Development. Secondly, as nice as DVC is, it is not considered the on par with what the Four Seasons offers. I think this is a totally new thing independent of DVC.

I don't think this will be a joint venture between DVC and the Four Seasons. First of all the press release was not from Disney Vacation Development. Secondly, as nice as DVC is, it is not considered the on par with what the Four Seasons offers. I think this is a totally new thing independent of DVC.

ITA that it will be separate. Four Season hotels "out-Grand" the Grand Floridian! :lmao:

Secondly, as nice as DVC is, it is not considered the on par with what the Four Seasons offers. I think this is a totally new thing independent of DVC.

ITA - DVC is nowhere even remotely near the level of quality and service you get the Four Seasons or the Ritz.

Nuts, you might not be nuts.

I think there might be more to this then just a single FS hotel/timeshare going up. A partnership in some way for future expansion... :confused3 However it might not be about a DVC partnership.

**Disclaimer: I know squat.

ITA - DVC is nowhere even remotely near the level of quality and service you get the Four Seasons or the Ritz.

I was wondering about that. Maybe the Disney location makes it equivalent? We shall see.

I'd be surprise if it is a joint development with DVC as well. I could see this as a deliberate strategy by Disney to reach people who would not normally consider buying at DVC. Having a partnership with a different brand with different pricing and standards allows you to do that.

Frankly.... I can only imagine. :rolleyes:

DH is a minister, and a few times, he has done weddings at both locations. :cloud9: :cloud9: I fell in love with the Ritz, and we've splurged and gone back a few times. We're talking waiters bringing by silver trays with ice-cold fresh peach slices and bottled water while you lay by the pool (yes, I'm in Georgia), and men stationed at the lake to bait your hook for you when you go fishing. But, we're also talking, easily $600-800 per night if you include dininner and breakfast. Still, it's an amazing experience. I'm not in to luxury stuff - cars, or clothes, or watches, or jewelry - but I could live at the FS or Ritz and be a happy girl.

I've always wanted to stay at the FS hotel on Maui but couldn't get myself to part with that much dough. But when I think of the FS I don't think of it so much as a family oriented chain. In my mind it's more adults only...more exclusive - which would be an odd thing for Disney to go to...but it might serve a purpose (trying to capture guests that are maybe rich empty nesters or young couples more interested in careers than families). These types of people are a whole new market for Disney...they probably don't want to go commando to the parks for 7 straight days, nor do they want their dinner spoiled by my DS sitting next to them....they want to golf, go to the spa and do whatever it is that they do without commercial interruption from the likes of me! popcorn::

Just a thought...Disney is just tapping into a new market with a new type of guest...

Just a thought...Disney is just tapping into a new market with a new type of guest...

I'm having a hard time picturing this "new type of guest" riding on buses, waiting in lines and dining on the standard Disney fare. How do you think they'll cater to these upscale guests?

Ok folks, this is getting interesting. My contact told me a year ago that DVC was seriously looking at partnering with another timeshare to expand globally (beyond the parks). They recognize that DVC is known more for Disney, and not outside. Well, I am assuming that you all saw the announcement about Four Seasons timeshare coming to Disney. This could be the beginnings of a partnership. go to http://www.fourseasons.com/residence_clubs/index.html
to get a good picture of their offerings. Very nice locations and very classy. The idea is that through the partnership we can stay at these locations using point charts (as if they were DVC locations). Bad news is that these owners could stay at our homes. Now understand, this is pure speculation based on a little bit of info provided to me...but it makes sense (joint venture between DVC and another classy timeshare).
Likely this would be added to the BVTC like Club Intrawest or Cordial. Both have access to exchange inventory during the home resort window but DVC keeps a balance sheet where it doesn't get out of balance too far. If one side gets too far ahead, that side is halted until things catch up. DVC would do members a big favor by expanding the BVTC with companies such as Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, Starwood and the like. They could do so and easily drop II given the current set up.

I'm having a hard time picturing this "new type of guest" riding on buses, waiting in lines and dining on the standard Disney fare. How do you think they'll cater to these upscale guests?

Oh I don't know...private golf carts...town cars? Hummers with Tigger painted on the roof? :rotfl2: I don't know. I really didn't give it THAT much deliberation...

I'm just saying that maybe they're trying to reach a new type of guest. Someone w/o kids who might be interested in a couple of days at the parks - but who's main objective is to be able to tell their F & F that they're staying at the Four Seasons Resort & Spa at blah, blah, blah.

In my mind it's more adults only...more exclusive - which would be an odd thing for Disney to go to...but it might serve a purpose (trying to capture guests that are maybe rich empty nesters or young couples more interested in careers than families).
I don't mean to be argumentative, but...

Can one be a mid-life couple with no kids who isn't interested in a "family" (other than the two of them), yet not all that interested in their careers either? :upsidedow

Disney is for more than just traditional families w/ children.

By giving them go to the head of the line passes like Universal does. I see them dining back at their resort and I see their buses being very luxurious and only open to their guests. I see this being very exclusive which will definitely get some of the DISers, not necessarily on this forum, in a snit. They complain already about the Grand Floridian being snooty. They ain't even seen :snooty: yet. :rotfl:

By giving them go to the head of the line passes like Universal does. I see them dining back at their resort and I see their buses being very luxurious and only open to their guests. I see this being very exclusive which will definitely get some of the DISers, not necessarily on this forum, in a snit. They complain already about the Grand Floridian being snooty. They ain't even seen :snooty: yet. :rotfl:

The GF snooty? :rotfl2: people really think that? I need to get out more. I had a industry association meeting there once and didn't think it was on par with any Ritz Carlton or FS I have stayed at.

OMG, We stayed at the Ritz-Carlton Boston Commons. (The Sabres booked it, not us!) :lmao:

I felt like a homeless person walking in the lobby and I was actually dressed pretty nice! :rotfl: I was waiting for the "INTRUDER" alarm to go off.

They make the GF look like Motel 6. Just gorgeous hotels. I kept telling DH not to touch anything. :rotfl:

It might not have as higher level of service but due to the location of DVC is WDW I am pretty sure quite a number of Four seasons owners would be more than happy for straight swap with one of their resorts around the world, I imagine that as their properties are all over the world rather than all in one country this would be advantageous to both sides, the typical four seasons owner is probably quite a lot older than a DVC owner, financially well off and as they are older fairly likely they have grandchildren that perhaps they may want to take away for a big treat sometime.

I stayed at the Four Seasons Newport Beach once, I was really nice, alot of business travelers, and Vacationers. I did not feel any different around them. (I grew up in a wealthy part of Orange County, CA, although we were middle class). Wealthy people take their kids to Disney parks too, and when they do they come in shorts and tanktops just like everyone else. (The also use the bathroom!) I think this is a non-issue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter