PTR: 6-5-4-3-2-1 !!! NY-CANADA-NY June 2012/ Organizing the FE gifts! - 7 June

Thanks for reading!
So psyched to hear from someone who will do this the week before us:banana:! You'll be breaking ground! I wonder if "we" can ask for a summary of highlights/ do's / don't's / do differently's ASAP after you get back? Maybe we can pick up a few hints before we board? Though in reality, we're talking about 2 days between our trips. So, maybe we'll just have to settle for chatting about our trips afterwards!:cheer2:
Hope your planning is going well, too!

We are not returning the day we get off of the cruise our fun continues, when we get off the ship we are scheduled later in the day for The New Amsterdam Theatre Backstage Tour with Mary Poppins on Broadway (Pre & Post Cruise Only)

http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/c...-tour-with-mary-poppins-on-broadway-new-york/

Then later that night after seeing the show and some dinner, we return to our Homtel ;) next morning we fly home so.. the period of time is even shorter.! :scared1:

We are also (I think) Going to see Wicked the night before our cruise. :cloud9:
Will post a few updates here for you! Only cause i like you! :)
Peter

We are not returning the day we get off of the cruise our fun continues, when we get off the ship we are scheduled later in the day for The New Amsterdam Theatre Backstage Tour with Mary Poppins on Broadway (Pre & Post Cruise Only)

http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/c...-tour-with-mary-poppins-on-broadway-new-york/

Then later that night after seeing the show and some dinner, we return to our Homtel ;) next morning we fly home so.. the period of time is even shorter.! :scared1:

We are also (I think) Going to see Wicked the night before our cruise. :cloud9:
Will post a few updates here for you! Only cause i like you! :)
Peter

Awww shucks ... :flower3:

(Enjoy your Broadway shows!)

Enjoying your PTR very much. We are also on your sailing, although my girls are a lot younger (9 & 7), so we probably will be moving in different circles, so to speak. We were booked on a Caribbean cruise in August, but my husband (active duty military) suddenly found out two weeks ago he couldn't take leave then, so a June New England/Canada cruise it is. I'm really getting excited, though...I haven't been back to NYC in 10 years, so this will be a trip to get reacquainted :)

Thanks llqool! We were also originally booked on an August cruise (also NY-Canada) but switched to June for logistical reasons. Turns out it was a blessing in disguise, as DDprincess: got accepted for a camp that would have overlapped the cruise! Glad you're on this sailing with us:goodvibes! (even if our kids are in different "clubs"!)

Hi Folks!
It's been awhile since I've updated this PTR, so finally here I am ... and it's a special moment because I'm writing this in REAL TIME! As I peck away at the keyboard, I actually have ALL FOUR of the teenagers in ONE ROOM working on our FE gift project:dance3:! It may not last for long. So I'm reveling in every minute! DH just whispered "take a picture" but I'm afraid to jinx the moment! I'm not going to tell you what they're working on, but just know that they are doing it, together, and I am trying not to interfere with their creative juices:artist: and/or decision making, and maybe maybe I'll get brave and snap a picture.

Last night I woke up somewhere in the mid-hours (didn't dare to check the clock) and made lists in my head. Seems the reality has finally hit:scared1: and I'm getting a bit, just a wee bit, stressed out over how much is left to do! Now I just have to direct that nervous energy into productive energy! Here's my list:

1. finish gifts for FE
2. paint the rod that's going to hold the FEs and attach a ribbon
3. shop for the edible portion of the FE gifts
4. print the pics for the magnets, laminate and stick on the magnets
5. print the pics for the sweatshirts, iron them on
6. Packing- oh yeah, that.

Bye for now!

I LOVE that your kids are working on the FEs together! That makes them extra special! :lovestruc I am right there with you in what we have left to do. It seems like it is all a reality now so getting very excited!

Are you doing crew neck sweatshirts for everyone or with hoods for jackets? I am still trying to figure out what we need for the possible weather differences!

Carol

I LOVE that your kids are working on the FEs together! That makes them extra special! :lovestruc I am right there with you in what we have left to do. It seems like it is all a reality now so getting very excited!

Are you doing crew neck sweatshirts for everyone or with hoods for jackets? I am still trying to figure out what we need for the possible weather differences!

Carol

I'm also thrilled that they're helping. I try to pull them in wherever I can and sometimes it's easier than others, and with some of the kids it's easier than with the other/s! Today I had a really nice few minutes with DS13 sitting on our back porch as the sun set, painting two mickey FE rods black and talking about his oral book report in English that he has to give tomorrow. Those little moments:cloud9:!

I'm doing hooded sweatshirts for us - decided that with weather likely to be cooler rather than warmer, especially in the evenings, we'd get more wear from warm. Also, DH is always cold and when I did t-shirts for WDW a few years ago, he kept "covering" his up with a sweatshirt! I bought the transfers from "amydisney.com" and they are supposed to be good for dark fabrics - it's the first time I'm trying to do them on my own:eek:!

I'm also thrilled that they're helping. I try to pull them in wherever I can and sometimes it's easier than others, and with some of the kids it's easier than with the other/s! Today I had a really nice few minutes with DS13 sitting on our back porch as the sun set, painting two mickey FE rods black and talking about his oral book report in English that he has to give tomorrow. Those little moments:cloud9:!

I'm doing hooded sweatshirts for us - decided that with weather likely to be cooler rather than warmer, especially in the evenings, we'd get more wear from warm. Also, DH is always cold and when I did t-shirts for WDW a few years ago, he kept "covering" his up with a sweatshirt! I bought the transfers from "amydisney.com" and they are supposed to be good for dark fabrics - it's the first time I'm trying to do them on my own:eek:!

Let me know how those transfers work. I usually get mine from Michaels but was disappointed on how soon some peeled off kids Tshirts last time so interested in how hers do.

I am trying to figure out what kind of jackets for us too. No kids/grandkids going this time so just need to do for the two of us.

Carol

Here we are, another Saturday in the Herman Household!
Time for a quick update:
We are 43 days away from our cruise!!!
That means, we FLY in only 41 days!!
The FE is basically done done done, unless I have any need to fancy it up anymore. The hanging rod took more time than I ever thought it would. The idea sounded very simple. Wooden dowel. Endpieces made of three wooden balls, glued together to look like our friend Mickey. Just that those Mickey heads were harder to get glued than I thought. And then one "ear" went missing - honestly, you cannot have a Mickey short one ear! SO I crafted one from modeling clay and coated it with a few layers of white glue to harden it up.

FEMickeyheadwithclay.jpg

I painted it all with regular black poster paints. Two coats. Which covered it fine but then it was quite dull. So I had to put some shiny something on it. Again, white school glue! It dries clear and works well! Just a bit messy, ya know. FINALLY, thought, after a few days of repairs, another coat, some more glue - those silly rods are ... done done done!
Soon I'll take a photo of the end product and post it, promise.

Ordered the last of the black sweatshirts that will become our Herman Family Cruise Sweatshirts - look at this price!:banana:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Hanes-Men-s-ComfortBlend-Fleece-Full-Zip-Hooded-Sweatshirt/15420419

My other update is that I decided to pay the gratuitities in advance so as to lessen the shock to our onboard accont. Plus that way I get another Disney Reward Dollar or two to add to the fun! May I add that the amount of our onboard gratuities, at the $12/night/person rate, about equals the dollar figure for all 6 of us to go to three first run Disney/Pixar films, which we won't do on land now that we'll hopefully see them onboard! Just sayin':rolleyes1!

That's it from here:wave2: !

My other update is that I decided to pay the gratuitities in advance so as to lessen the shock to our onboard accont.
That's it from here:wave2: !

Hey were you able to do this online or do you have to call and do it? I think I'm going to go ahead and do this as well.

40 Days!!!:cool1:

I did it online! I needed my reservation # and of course the credit card info. There was a place to check which type of payment you are making and none of the options fit. So I checked "other" and then typed in that it was pre-paying gratuities. I got an e-mail back the next day saying that it was received and that while it won't show up on my accounting online (on "my reservation" on the DCL site), it will show up on our onboard account when we board. I figure it's a way to lessen the "sticker shock" for DH, i.e. "it's all paid for, enjoy enjoy!"

OK I'm starting to get a bit nervous about all the things left on the "To Do" list:scared1:! The result of my nerves so far is that I'm avoiding things and finding excuses to have fun! Like these two shirts I found for me and DH, while shopping with DD15 for camp stuff. But honestly, how could I NOT buy them - and they were on sale Buy One Get the Second 1/2 Off:thumbsup2!

FORPTR003.jpg

FORPTR001.jpg

(for some reason Photobucket keeps rotating this when I post it :badpc: - Oh yay now it's ok - whatever!)

Only thing is, why I Love Mickey, but then a picture of Minnie:scratchin? Maybe it's because Minnie loves Mickey? I love the shirt anyway:cloud9:!

Then, there are the FE preparations. I have tried really hard not to "talk" here about them because I don't want to ruin any surprises. But I can't help it, I have to just post one little peek.

FORPTR002.jpg

My kids will be available to translate the comics!

That's all for tonight. Good night and HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!:lovestruc

OK I'm starting to get a bit nervous about all the things left on the "To Do" list:scared1:! The result of my nerves so far is that I'm avoiding things and finding excuses to have fun! Like these two shirts I found for me and DH, while shopping with DD15 for camp stuff. But honestly, how could I NOT buy them - and they were on sale Buy One Get the Second 1/2 Off:thumbsup2!

FORPTR003.jpg

FORPTR001.jpg

(for some reason Photobucket keeps rotating this when I post it :badpc: - Oh yay now it's ok - whatever!)

Only thing is, why I Love Mickey, but then a picture of Minnie:scratchin? Maybe it's because Minnie loves Mickey? I love the shirt anyway:cloud9:!

Then, there are the FE preparations. I have tried really hard not to "talk" here about them because I don't want to ruin any surprises. But I can't help it, I have to just post one little peek.

FORPTR002.jpg

My kids will be available to translate the comics!

That's all for tonight. Good night and HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!:lovestruc

Love the bazooka idea!!! great FE gift!! (i wonder what the rest of the gift is!!!)

Love the bazooka idea!!! great FE gift!! (i wonder what the rest of the gift is!!!)

Thanks! I wanted to get the sugarless ones but my kids said they are yucky. Had a productive day yesterday, hope to post more later with some pics of the finished FEs which are gracing my living room at present!:yay:

Thanks! I wanted to get the sugarless ones but my kids said they are yucky. Had a productive day yesterday, hope to post more later with some pics of the finished FEs which are gracing my living room at present!:yay:

your kids are right, the sugarless ones are YUCKY!!!

you're going to have a great time on your cruise!!

my cruise is in october - i just made the el al reservations last week :)

i'm not going with my family on this one, i'll be on the cruise with my mom and sister (who'll meet me in florida)..

your kids are right, the sugarless ones are YUCKY!!!

you're going to have a great time on your cruise!!

my cruise is in october - i just made the el al reservations last week :)

i'm not going with my family on this one, i'll be on the cruise with my mom and sister (who'll meet me in florida)..

I'd love to do a "grown up" cruise on DCL one day! Maybe I should focus on my first one, though:rotfl2:! Are you also addicted to the Disney t-shirts that Fox gets - every new season I have to resist all over again (well, sometimes I don't resist!)!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter