Proof of age for under 3 year old

yes, that is good to know! my DD will be just over 2 when we go (28 months) but she is very tall for her age (thanks to me and daddy lol). right now she is 15 months and people think she is already over 2! her big brother always says no my alexis is 1 lol!

Wow, a true troll!!!:sad2:

What should we expect next? How to avoid paying for parking? How to get fast pases for 10 people when only 2 are in the parks? How to have 6 people stay in a single Value resort room?

In a word, yes. No doubt the OP will manifest him/herself into other aliases and we have not seen the last of this kind of stuff. It is entertaining though.

I would hazard a guess that your experience was an isolated case. Disney's policy is to accept the guests word as to their child's age.

Not always so. I think it depends on the cm you encounter. I have heard kids being asked their age several times in my 4 trips to Disney. I think everyone without exception should show proof of age. I do not see why this would bother people if they were telling the truth. The airlines do this for the under 2 kids and it would be fair to everyone.

Not always so. I think it depends on the cm you encounter. I have heard kids being asked their age several times in my 4 trips to Disney. I think everyone without exception should show proof of age. I do not see why this would bother people if they were telling the truth. The airlines do this for the under 2 kids and it would be fair to everyone.

The airlines do it because it is the law that anyone over 2 years needs a seat. There is no law that says anyone over 3 needs a WDW ticket.

The airlines do it because it is the law that anyone over 2 years needs a seat. There is no law that says anyone over 3 needs a WDW ticket.

It may not be a law, but it is a Disney rule. And actually, you would are breaking a law if you sneek you child in when they need a ticket. The law of theft. They could choose to make people prove their child doesn't need a ticket, I don't think they do just to keep the lines moving. Plus then there would be the constant hassle of people who say they didn't know they needed proof, and what would be accepted as proof, and what to do if the parents didn't have proof along with them. I t hink right now it is just easier for Disney to not make people prove how old their kids are.

It may not be a law, but it is a Disney rule. And actually, you would are breaking a law if you sneek you child in when they need a ticket. The law of theft. They could choose to make people prove their child doesn't need a ticket, I don't think they do just to keep the lines moving. Plus then there would be the constant hassle of people who say they didn't know they needed proof, and what would be accepted as proof, and what to do if the parents didn't have proof along with them. I t hink right now it is just easier for Disney to not make people prove how old their kids are.

While I agree, my point about the law is that the airline don't have a choice about enforcing the age limit; unlike, Disney who can decide that it isn't worth it.

:confused3
Disney rules and regulations are the law where Disney vacations are concerned. Why do YOU not try to enter a park without a ticket and see what happens?:laughing:

My son turned 3 DURING our stay at Board Walk. We were there celebrating his birthday and they were made aware of this. When we made reservations they DID NOT include tickets for him in our package since he was 2 on our arrival day and turned 3 on the 4 day. This is a UNIQUE situation... Otherwise I would have just paid for the ticket.

My son turned 3 DURING our stay at Board Walk. We were there celebrating his birthday and they were made aware of this. When we made reservations they DID NOT include tickets for him in our package since he was 2 on our arrival day and turned 3 on the 4 day. This is a UNIQUE situation... Otherwise I would have just paid for the ticket.
It's not unique, it's Disney policy, the age you are at check in is the age you are for the entire trip. Many people get that last birthday trip in when their kids are turning 3 or 10 so they can get the discount one last time.

:confused3
Disney rules and regulations are the law where Disney vacations are concerned. Why do YOU not try to enter a park without a ticket and see what happens?:laughing:

The government is not going to fine WDW if they discover that a 4 year old entered the park without a ticket; the government can (and has) fined airlines when it discovered that a 2 year old flew without a seat.

Gives the airlines much more incentive to double check the age, when compared to WDW.

Do you really not see the difference?:laughing:

I've worried about the same thing...we are going in Mid-December and our child will be turning 3 about a week & a half after we return home. He is fairly tall (about 40/41 inches) so i worry that they will either question his age or not believe us when we tell them he is not quite 3

I've worried about the same thing...we are going in Mid-December and our child will be turning 3 about a week & a half after we return home. He is fairly tall (about 40/41 inches) so i worry that they will either question his age or not believe us when we tell them he is not quite 3
No one with Disney is going to say a word to you or question you about a 40 inch almost 3 year old.

If it makes you feel better you can bring an uncertified copy of the birth certificate. That is what I did when I brought my son under 3. We did get the occasional CM that asked for his ticket and when I said he was under 3 they rolled their eyes. But, I never showed it. I guess it just made me feel better. As others have said, while the government would obviously not fine WDW for letting a child in the park for free, it is still theft. Just like going to a movie without paying, stealing a video from the store without paying etc. Not a particular example I want to set for my children. Not saying that is what you are referring to at all since your child will be under 3 and, therefore, does not need a ticket.

With the exception of some airlines - like Southwest - a birth certificate is rarely needed. I have never travelled with a birth certificate for my kids, not even a copy of one. My oldest has always been big for his age. However, he had a young face and a speech delay. There have been times people - not in Disney -asked him how old he was to see if he was in the under 3 eats free. His speech delay made him too difficult to understand usually. But other times he made up ages. If they asked him and he said 3, then I'd ask him again and he would say 5. Then again and he would say 10. They would quickly get the picture that the child was not going to say his real age. The other thing I always did with ODS was to have DH stand next to him or carry him in. I'm 5'1" and 100 lbs. ODS looked even bigger in my arms than he really was. DH is 6'5". ODS didn't look super tall next to DH. I found that when ODS was next to DH, we were never questioned.

With the exception of some airlines - like Southwest - a birth certificate is rarely needed. I have never travelled with a birth certificate for my kids, not even a copy of one. My oldest has always been big for his age. However, he had a young face and a speech delay. There have been times people - not in Disney -asked him how old he was to see if he was in the under 3 eats free. His speech delay made him too difficult to understand usually. But other times he made up ages. If they asked him and he said 3, then I'd ask him again and he would say 5. Then again and he would say 10. They would quickly get the picture that the child was not going to say his real age. The other thing I always did with ODS was to have DH stand next to him or carry him in. I'm 5'1" and 100 lbs. ODS looked even bigger in my arms than he really was. DH is 6'5". ODS didn't look super tall next to DH. I found that when ODS was next to DH, we were never questioned.

You only have to show a bc to the airlines if you child is flying as a lap baby. Due to FAA rules anyone over 2 needs their own seat. Therefore, you need to prove the child is under when flying as a lap baby. FAA regulations, not airlines specific. I suppose like anything; enforcement varies.

So, out of 7 posts, 3 are to start controversial threads and one is to ask to be added to a swap. One wonders how that will work out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter