Proof of age for under 3 year old

I have two "originals" of dd birth certificate. One travels with us when we fly etc and another that stays in our safe deposit box. it only cost $10 and to me was worth having. If your kid is three or over pay.

I think I may end up getting a state id. Thanks for suggesting that. DD2 is ver tall for her age 44 inches now. I think I may get looks.

I have two "originals" of dd birth certificate. One travels with us when we fly etc and another that stays in our safe deposit box. it only cost $10 and to me was worth having. If your kid is three or over pay.

This. The airlines (at least the ones I have flown) required an "official" copy of the birth certificate with raised seal and all. They will not just accept a photocopy. Too easy to fake I guess. I'm sure they would have accepted a state ID as well.

Where in the world did the idea that there wouldn't be much for the child to do in the parks come from? That is what I love about Disney World.

Heck, my son was 10 months old when we went. My daughter was 7. It was just me and my 2 children so we limited ourselves to stuff we could all do. We didn't even get to it all and we were there 6 days.

And someone mentioned Busch Gardens. We went there in April and there were 20 rides my son (15 months old then) could get on and all that was required was that he be able to take 3 steps on his own (and he had to do it before we got on a couple of rides).

I have to join with others questioning the motives of the original question.

This. The airlines (at least the ones I have flown) required an "official" copy of the birth certificate with raised seal and all. They will not just accept a photocopy. Too easy to fake I guess. I'm sure they would have accepted a state ID as well.
When we fly I do bring a copy of all 4 kids birth certificates, "just in case." But, literally, the 10 times I have flown with the kids, on a number of different airlines, we have never been asked for any i.d. for the children or a look at their birth certificate.

When we fly I do bring a copy of all 4 kids birth certificates, "just in case." But, literally, the 10 times I have flown with the kids, on a number of different airlines, we have never been asked for any i.d. for the children or a look at their birth certificate.

The last time I flew on SW they required it. As a matter of fact, I left in the car by accident. They made my DH take the shuttle back to the car to get it. Again, this is when he was a lap baby so you had to show proof he was under 2. When my children have had their own seat I have never had to show anything.

The last time I flew on SW they required it. As a matter of fact, I left in the car by accident. They made my DH take the shuttle back to the car to get it. Again, this is when he was a lap baby so you had to show proof he was under 2. When my children have had their own seat I have never had to show anything.
That must be why, because I haven't had a lap baby in 7 or so years :-)

Can I hijack the thread and ask a related question? My son is 2 and we are going in August. He's big for his age, but won't turn 3 until early September. However, when people ask him his age, he often says 3 because that is his favorite number (or he says 6 because that's his brother's age). If he tells someone 3, will we have problems? Should I bring his birth certificate? I just hate to carry those around because on our last trip, I forgot about them and left them in the room.
Thanks!

In this case I would bring the BC - or a copy of it -- since the kid is saying they are 3 that could cause problems

picture of it lamited & attach to stroller would be a good idea that way it doesn't get left or forgotten

Most airlines also accept shot records as proof of ID. That way you don't have to worry about losing a birth certificate. My DD is two and she also talks REALLY well for her age, but thankfully she is super tiny, so most people think she's younger than she is. I'm not worrying about bringing proof for Disney. We are going in October because she turns 3 in November...last "free" trip!:yay:

This thread reminds me of a funny interaction. We took my son to Disneyworld right after he turned three. It took him about a month or so before he got used to saying he was three, since he had said two for so long. He was only asked his age twice (both by servers since we gave the gate people his ticket before they ever had a chance to ask), but he said he was two both times. We had a package with deluxe dining, so I had to explain to one of the servers that he really was three, not two, before she would deduct his dining credit. She insisted that two year olds did not have to pay. I insisted that he was three and needed to.

When we went last year, DS was less than 45 days from turning 3. He is tall for his age. When people asked, I just said, "he'll be 3 on ____!" Then he would talk about the Buzz Lightyear birthday party his was going to have.

gee i didnt realize that you'd need it for the airport.. as a lap baby yes i guess they would want proof of under 2. We'll have her passport anyway b/c i am planning on a cruise for her first vacation :)

This may be totally OT for the thread, but the whole age thing reminds me of when my now 19 yo dd was 4. We were going to a place in NH (I think it was Storyland..) and kids under 5 were free. Might have been another place. Anyway..I was telling my husband that we should go there and dd would be free.

Dd had a FIT yelling "I'm not free I'm FOUR!!!" I said "no no honey..I'm not saying you're three..I'm saying you're FREE"

And again "I'M NOT FREE I'M FOUR!!!"

We just laughed and said "well, good thing we never tried to lie about her age! LOL

And the 2nd &3rd post was to start a thread about reusing refillable mugs...think someone was just bored.
Not only reusing old mugs, but buying them off Ebay! I was giving her the benefit of the doubt, but after seeing that post - Ha! Troll City.

Since the OP hasn't returned, it does look as though you all took the bait. Good thing the thread stayed civil or the OP would have accomplished what they actually came for! That is in my Opinion!

You really don't need to bring them for the airport for domestic flights. The only time they need them is for lap-baby age verification. Other than that, minors do not need ID to fly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter