Professional Internship Spring 2012

Got a call this morning and accepted my role as a Public Relations intern with the Group and Convention Youth Events team!

I'm so excited! Yesterday my Communications internship moved from Post-Interview to NLIC, and I was crushed bc that was my previous internship and I would have loved to go back, but this morning bright and early I got a call from a blocked number and nearly died when it turned out to be Casting for the dream role I thought I'd never get.

Congrats to everyone else who has accepted and good luck to those still waiting!

Interesting I didn't know you could go from post-interview to NLIC. That's a bit unnerving. Congratulations on your acceptance though!!! I'm still in regular interview stage for the two I have left. Although I've heard of several people going NLIC for both of them over the last few weeks...hoping that means they are still looking at me!

Interesting I didn't know you could go from post-interview to NLIC. That's a bit unnerving. Congratulations on your acceptance though!!! I'm still in regular interview stage for the two I have left. Although I've heard of several people going NLIC for both of them over the last few weeks...hoping that means they are still looking at me!

I suppose that if a candidate is in post-interview for more than one position, he or she could later be NLIC for one if there's going to be an offer for the other. It would be less disconcerting if the offer came before the NLIC though. I'm in post-interview right now and this has been the worst (and longest) wait of my life.

I suppose that if a candidate is in post-interview for more than one position, he or she could later be NLIC for one if there's going to be an offer for the other. It would be less disconcerting if the offer came before the NLIC though. I'm in post-interview right now and this has been the worst (and longest) wait of my life.

It has been a long wait, thats for sure. Days seem like months, etc.. Just got my call monday so good luck hon!

geehaw,

I'm still in interview stage also, it's so unnerving!! I applied to Reproductive Biology and Conservation & Behavior. Which role(s) are you waiting on?

i'm still in conservation education, conservation education the Seas, and marine mammal...I've heard people getting conservation education and marine mammal, but I haven't heard anything for the Seas. It's the longest wait ever! i just want to know!

Yeah I was pretty shocked when I checked my dashboard. It would have been nice to have the offer first, because I totally thought my dreams were dashed, lol. Like bopzeebop said, it may have been because I was the top choice for the other role. I know sometimes if the acceptances fall close together they try to give the intern the choice between them, but since the internship areas were so similar, the PR dept. and the Communications team may have been in contact with each other.

I haven't heard of it happening to anyone else, and I was offered the role I wanted most, so it worked out. Hopefully it was just a fluke thing. And my offer came while I was still in interview stage so not moving to post-interview doesn't mean anything. I think that just has to do with how often they're updating the dashboard.

Yeah I was pretty shocked when I checked my dashboard. It would have been nice to have the offer first, because I totally thought my dreams were dashed, lol. Like bopzeebop said, it may have been because I was the top choice for the other role. I know sometimes if the acceptances fall close together they try to give the intern the choice between them, but since the internship areas were so similar, the PR dept. and the Communications team may have been in contact with each other.

I haven't heard of it happening to anyone else, and I was offered the role I wanted most, so it worked out. Hopefully it was just a fluke thing. And my offer came while I was still in interview stage so not moving to post-interview doesn't mean anything. I think that just has to do with how often they're updating the dashboard.

Hey hellojamie, I sent you an message btw, not sure if you got it.

FYI just because you fill out the forms/documentation doesnt mean you cannot go to NLIC. I did :(

Hey Ash,
have you tried?

good luck!

I have looked there but I'm really looking for specific jobs. I guess I am confused as to how everyone knew what to apply for. Did you just put the general department and then they assigned you the specific job? I just want to be able to apply NOW!lol From the sounds of it, this is a long waiting process.lol Thank you for you help! I hope everything is going well for you :thumbsup2

Hi everybody! This is my first post here, but this thread has helped calm some nerves.

I'm graduating in December with a degree in journalism graphics (essentially graphic design with a strong focus on pairing visuals with text) and applied for the Distribution Marketing Graphic Design internship and the Internal Communications Graphic Design internship. I had my interviews in early October and just recently went NLIC for Distribution Marketing. With Internal Communications, I got the documents request and moved to Post-Interview Stage and within the last few days went back into Interview Stage.

Should I be expecting a second interview? The last time my progress bar went back a step was just before I got the documents request, so I'm hoping things are still going well because I've been a poor planner and this is my only internship application for after I graduate!

Thanks for any tips and congratulations to everyone who's heard back! I wish I knew for sure one way or the other; this wait is killing me!

Hi everybody! This is my first post here, but this thread has helped calm some nerves.

I'm graduating in December with a degree in journalism graphics (essentially graphic design with a strong focus on pairing visuals with text) and applied for the Distribution Marketing Graphic Design internship and the Internal Communications Graphic Design internship. I had my interviews in early October and just recently went NLIC for Distribution Marketing. With Internal Communications, I got the documents request and moved to Post-Interview Stage and within the last few days went back into Interview Stage.

Should I be expecting a second interview? The last time my progress bar went back a step was just before I got the documents request, so I'm hoping things are still going well because I've been a poor planner and this is my only internship application for after I graduate!

Thanks for any tips and congratulations to everyone who's heard back! I wish I knew for sure one way or the other; this wait is killing me!

Hey! I just started reading the thread yesterday, and it did help me calm some nerves as well. I applied for a few Alumni PIs, as well as F&B Management, and Catering Management. I've had all of my interviews, but I'm still in interview stage for all of them. I haven't received any e-mails, and it says my status hasn't been updated since 9/9/11, but obviously I had all of my interviews after that, so I have no idea what's going on. I just want to know already!

Hey! I just started reading the thread yesterday, and it did help me calm some nerves as well. I applied for a few Alumni PIs, as well as F&B Management, and Catering Management. I've had all of my interviews, but I'm still in interview stage for all of them. I haven't received any e-mails, and it says my status hasn't been updated since 9/9/11, but obviously I had all of my interviews after that, so I have no idea what's going on. I just want to know already!

The "last updated" on your dashboard refers to the last time you updated your resume or edited your personal profile. It has nothing to do with what they do. Good luck with everything and I hope you get some good calls in the future!

Hey guys,

Just wanted to say thanks for all the information I got by reading all your comments. Also....just got the call yesterday that I've been offered a PI! So excited! My arrival date is January 12. I'm thinking about living at Cumberland. Anyone have opinions about finding roommates?

Congrats to everyone else who got accepted, and good luck to everyone still waiting to hear!

that's so funny. I applied for exactly same things. lol. same situation as you are right now

I got an email yesterday to schedule two 30 minute interviews for the "Management Science & Integration" PI I applied for. My initial screening was requested through the "Forecasting, Business Integration Professional Internship" which took place October 20th.

I can't view the posting anymore since they get taken down when applications close, and I wasn't smart enough to save the page. Poop.

Time to start reading through this thread

Let me know if you hear anything, and I'll do the same. Hopefully we both get one!

My status was still "interview stage" until I got the email "documents". Then went to "post interview stage". It stayed in "post interview" until after I got my confirmation email/call that I got the part. So good luck!!! hope this helps!!

-=Jamie=-

The answer might be in another post somewhere, put 22 pages of discussion threads is a lot to go through, so I'll just take the chance and ask again.

I'm graduating in May, and want to apply for a CP so I can do it Fall 2012(right after graduation). So basically my question is, would I be able to apply for a PI and do it right after a CP? Or are there requirements like having to apply while you're still in school, etc.?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter