• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Post Your Shoes!

I don't have a picture yet because they aren't made yet....yes I said MADE. I am buying my shoes and then sending them to a local girl who hand paints them to truly represent you and your DF. They are absolutely gorgeous!!! Check out her website:

www.figgieshoes.com

or look up Figgie shoes on facebook (she has more pictures there).

Let me know what you think!

I didn't look on the facebook site, but the other site is cute, getting ideas! LOL

omg I loooove what you are doing with them... i was reading your PJ and found someone else who did this to their shoes.... i am soooo doing mine toooo!!!! what size crystals did you use???

I used many different sizes of crytals. I got them from a website called Tamisplace.com.

Here are mine! I got the idea from Amanda.

028.jpg

0053.jpg

Here's mine! Dainty Bess by Diane Hassall. Ironically quite a hassle to get since I'm American and had to order them from the UK! But they were flat and gorgeous, which is hard to find.

ok so question.. so there is no need to have white shoes to go with a traditional white bridal dress ..right?

Tiggerifficheidi I love your shoes!!!

Here are mine...
resize.jpg

but the thing I think I have noticed is the shoes should match the flowers lol?

I really like the idea of blue shoes (something blue)
but I loved loved loved the pink gerber daises I saw before on this thread and think they look so cute with the pink shoes.

but I loved loved loved the pink gerber daises I saw before on this thread and think they look so cute with the pink shoes.

I don't think the shoes need to match the flowers. :goodvibes Most colors look really god together, like blue and pink, or pink and orange, or yellow and green etc. Google Pink and blue wedding colors, then select Images instead of Web, and there are a ton of inspiration boards with blue shoes and pink flowers!

Oh my Gosh I love the figgie shoes. Can i ask what does she charge for something like that?

They're pretty expensive....she charges around $260 if you provide the shoes. I find it's worth it though to have that memory for the rest of your life.

I'm getting some for myself and they are also going to be gifts for my bridesmaids and my ring bearer and flower girl. She does discounts for groups.

I had black shoes and a yellow Gerber daisy bouquet. So my shoes didn't match my flowers but they did match our color scheme which was black, yellow and white. I've seen many bride have "something blue" shoes that don't match their overall theme and it looks great!

I had black shoes and a yellow Gerber daisy bouquet. So my shoes didn't match my flowers but they did match our color scheme which was black, yellow and white. I've seen many bride have "something blue" shoes that don't match their overall theme and it looks great!

WeeDee
In your siggy it says Mizner's Lounge, where is that? Is it inside Citricos?

I had pink shoes with pink gerbera daisies. They were not a perfect match...but I don't think anyone thought about how they did not perfectly match. I think if you want colorful shoes and they don't fit within your color scheme or flowers I say go for it because fun shoes are always a nice way to add a pop of color to pictures.

For the girls who beaded their own shoes did you use the flat back crystals with glue or the hot back crystals ?Curious to know which worked better?

WeeDee
In your siggy it says Mizner's Lounge, where is that? Is it inside Citricos?

Mizner's Lounge is in the Grand Floridian. It's on the same floor as Citricos and basically right next to it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter