Post your funniest story from a Disney Cruise!

My story is actually pre-cruise for the West Coast Cruises in 2005 and is at DS's expense. We were spending 3 n at DL first and when we got to Paradise Pier our room wasn't ready but we had stuff we needed to get into in our luggage before heading to the parks. So we grabbed some lunch & then walked around the property for awhile killing time. We went out to look at the rooftop pool and came in & I called the front desk from the house phones by the elevators. In the meantime, while I was on the phone, DS (8 at the time) went ahead & got into the glass front elevator that faced the lobby and proceeded to get stuck! Alone! :scared1: We'd been in CA like all of 2 hours and here he was in this elevator for the whole world below to watch. Alone...you could see the crowd gathering & other Mom's asking "where are his parents"?!:scared: :rotfl2: Duh. Watching. OMG. I called the front desk again...security came...engineering came...the manager came...the fire dept. - nobody could get the doors to open and it would'nt move! He's in a total panic - jumping up & down...crying....screaming! And everybody watching. It was a real show! They finally had to call the Otis elevator people to come out & they went onto the roof of it & got it to go up a floor & then got the doors open.:sad2: It's funny NOW...but boy did we think what an omen we were going to have for the whole trip! The whole week on the ship he just wanted to take the stairs everywhere!:rotfl2:
I totally feel for your poor son, this same elevator has held me hostage in the past as well, and one other time, it was going down, I got in and pushed to go down a couple of floors and it sent me to the roof? Personally, I think it's possessed and should have been used in TOT ride! :lmao:

Okay, here's my real one: On our 2005 cruise my ex (now) had.. uhm... well... wasn't feeling well and had one of those reportable incidents. So he gets on the phone and proceeds to elaborate on the gory details, when all of sudden I hear him say. "Uhm, this isn't the Medical Dept? - Oh, well I'm sorry, I must have the wrong number" DS and I laughed forever about him going on and on to some poor stranger!

:surfweb:

My daughter saw me sitting on the edge of the pool and came up from behind me and pushed push dear ol' dad in the water. Then a few seconds later when dad came up spitting water all over, she realized IT WASN'T ME ! It was another guy that looked like me from behind.
I saw the whole thing from my chair. At first I couldn't imagine why she would push some strange guy in the water because she's a nice kid. After the guy looked at her and my daughter turned 3 shades of purple (way past red) I realized what had happened.
Good thing the guy had a sense of humor too.

That was a touch of class!!!!!!!!:laughing: :laughing:

OK i'll try and keep this PG-13. It happen on our first cruise on the Magic.
DH laughed at me for going to close the shade while getting ready for dinner and to quote him we're at sea who's going to see in. I had to agree he had a point so the shade stayed open. Well that was until we reached port. We woke up thank god undercovers(DH didn't kick them off like usual)and there were a couple of kids and then the rest of the family waving at us from there porthole on the ship next to us. Let just say that after they stopped waving DH had to do the sheet wrapped belly crawl to close our window shades. Word of warning close shade the night before a port call.

That same cruise i took a pair of shoes that i didn't intend to bring home. So at the end i threw them away and they were well in the garbage can not just sittting on top. Well fast forward a few days home and i get a fedex box. WOW what could they have sent me. Yes you guessed it my old shoes.

My daughter saw me sitting on the edge of the pool and came up from behind me and pushed push dear ol' dad in the water. Then a few seconds later when dad came up spitting water all over, she realized IT WASN'T ME ! It was another guy that looked like me from behind.
I saw the whole thing from my chair. At first I couldn't imagine why she would push some strange guy in the water because she's a nice kid. After the guy looked at her and my daughter turned 3 shades of purple (way past red) I realized what had happened.

OMG that is hilarious! I'm still laughing about it!:rotfl2:

On our first cruise we were seated with 2 other families. The first night, we were doing the usual round of introductions. It was the pretty typical howdy-dos until we got to the 10 year boy. Well, he spoke right up, introduced himself and his Mom and then...continued on to tell us that he doesn't have a Dad then stopped and corrected himself...Well, says the 10 year old, I DO have Dad because you know it takes a boy and a girl to.... Y'all get the idea, but rest assured the biology lesson continued on in a bit more detail than I feel the need to share here. The crown jewel of his introduction came at the end. He shared that his Mom and Dad didn't really know eachother, it was just a one night stand!:scared1: AAGGGHH! Now, if you're wondering why no one stopped him, it's because we were completely stunned. Everyone one of us (including the Mom) had our mouths just hanging open. Mom did look like she wanted to crawl under the table, though! :rotfl2: Needless to say, we were all fast friends after that first night.

My funniest story involves a certain DISper - my dear friend (or DF for short) having a birthday, a certain character that is this person’s favorite character, and oh yea, Wendy….

Consider any typical 13 year old young man who is turning 14. Now consider how much this certain DF is enthralled by Jack Sparrow that he has his walk, his talk, and each mannerism down to an art. Now imagine this certain DF who would not even go get his picture taken with Jack Sparrow because he has a tux on (heaven forbid Jack see him this way)…. Well, Jack is over in the corner taking pictures, this certain DF is trying to sneak by without being seen, and lo and behold, Wendy appears…..

Now, Wendy just happens to remember how much this certain teenager is enthralled by Jack, ,and well, my DM (Dear Mom) is around and just happens to point in the direction of this certain teenager and whispers to Wendy that its his birthday….

Now, imagine Wendy turning to everyone who is within her hearing distance that it’s this certain teenager’s birthday…. And oh, yea, by the way, did I mention that Jack is within this distance?

Now, imagine Jack and Wendy singing happy birthday (along with a whole crowd of people now gathered around)…

Now, imagine a certain DF vowing that vengeance is his…..

And that would be my funniest story – and yes, we are still DF’s.

Triptakers Daughter

:laughing:
On our first cruise we were seated with 2 other families. The first night, we were doing the usual round of introductions. It was the pretty typical howdy-dos until we got to the 10 year boy. Well, he spoke right up, introduced himself and his Mom and then...continued on to tell us that he doesn't have a Dad then stopped and corrected himself...Well, says the 10 year old, I DO have Dad because you know it takes a boy and a girl to.... Y'all get the idea, but rest assured the biology lesson continued on in a bit more detail than I feel the need to share here. The crown jewel of his introduction came at the end. He shared that his Mom and Dad didn't really know eachother, it was just a one night stand!:scared1: AAGGGHH! Now, if you're wondering why no one stopped him, it's because we were completely stunned. Everyone one of us (including the Mom) had our mouths just hanging open. Mom did look like she wanted to crawl under the table, though! :rotfl2: Needless to say, we were all fast friends after that first night.
OMG you guys are KILLING me! I'm sitting here at work - at a job I just started 3 weeks ago laughing my head off surrounded by people who don't know me and probably think I'm nuts! Not to mention I shouldn't be on the internet while I'm at my NEW job but man, this thread just beckons me in the morning!!!! :rotfl2:

I have one from my Wonder cruise 4/13. Let me perface this with the detail that my DD 12 is honors everything, this detail will be important to why it is so funny!
So, we're out on our veradah and pulling in towards Nassau on the 14th, she looks at us and says, "this smells just like pirates of the carribean." Ok, so I'm thinking she made the correlation that they really try to make things seem real at WDW. NOPE--she thought they were piping the smell in somehow to make it feel more like the ride!:lmao:

Best moment on DCL? Alot of people already know this one, but...

So there is a DIS'er who decided to get married on the Wonder. But, he decides to do it as a surprise for his family. He and his "fiance" talk all of their family into going on a 4 night cruise together. The night before Castaway Cay, wedding announcements are delivered to his family's staterooms informing them that a wedding is taking place the next morning at CC.

So, the next night, by a set of circumstances that you have to have read the two trip reports regarding that cruise to fully understand, (and no, it wasn't totally a coincidence) I get the table in Palo's directly outside of their private room. The wedding party all filters into the private room, and proceeds to begin their meal.

After a little while, the groom (the one who's a DIS'er) stands up and announces in a voice loud enough for the entire restaurant to hear:

"What you're looking at are the pictures from when we were actually married 10 months ago."

:rotfl2: That is hilarious!

On our first cruise, a 4 night Wonder in April 2007, I was wandering deck 4 and ran across Peter Pan. No one was around so Peter and I had a very long chat. Somehow we got onto the subject of Alice in Wonderland and I mentioned that I didn't really like the movie much because it was kind of weird.

The next day I was taking my daughter through the signature lineup (all of the characters sit at a long table and do signatures) to get her birthday t-shirt signed. We had passed Alice and were a couple of characters down when we got to Peter. He immediately calls over to Alice and tells her that I don't like her because she's weird.

I started to stammer an explanation and apology to an indignant Alice while all of these parents and kids are looking on watching me. I'm sure I blushed several shades of red. It must have been quite a sight, this 35 year old man blushing and stammering an apology to Alice.

I just hope Peter and Alice don't remember me when we return on June 1!!

Jim

I asked my DNeice(13) and DNephew(10) if they would like DH to take them snorkling on CC. Yes, they replied excitedly. So off they go; DH, DNeice, Dnephew and DD6. Swimming along, all of a sudden nephew starts screaming and jumps on DH's back. What the heck is wrong with you DH asks. I saw a fish nephew replies! What the heck did you think we were out here for, DH asks. By that time DD is freaking out thinking nephew has been attacked by something huge. Then DH notices neice scratching frantically her arms, face, etc. What the heck is wrong with YOU?? he asks. I'm alergic to saltwater she replies. Out! all of you, DH shouts. No more snorkling for that group, ever.

Linda

We were docked at CC and I put sunblock on my kids before we left the ship. By the time we got off of the tram car to the beach my DD was screaming because the sunblock was burning her face and eyes. She was allergic to this brand. I had to take her to the medical pavillion where they flushed out her eyes and gave her some Benedryl.

About 30 minutes later she decided to go snorkeling with DH. She was SO EXCITED to do this, it was all she talked about.
We were set up far down the beach, so the Mickey statue was a good distance. She's a very strong swimmer, but they got half way out and the Benedryl kicked in. I looked in the distance down the beach and saw my DH swimming with a 9 year old on his back. He said it was the longest swim of his life, swimming with a 65 pound kid on his back! They BOTH crashed out in a chair for about hour after that.
But he has fond memories of catching a 9 year old mermaid when he was snorkeling at CC.

I video taped my kids in the Mickey pool. I didn't catch this until I watched the video back at home, but in the background, there was a big Pooh sized guy getting out of the pool with more than a little plumber crack showing !!

I video taped my kids in the Mickey pool. I didn't catch this until I watched the video back at home, but in the background, there was a big Pooh sized guy getting out of the pool with more than a little plumber crack showing !!

Oh My. That's just not MAGICAL! :scared1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter