• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Post your favorite "Spirit of DLR" photo

I snapped this photo while I was watching my dh & dd on the teacups. This is the magic of Disneyland! It makes you young again.::yes::

teacupcouple.jpg
I admit I saw that picture a while but declined to comment on it because most people already voiced my sentiment. But I have to say... you know those promos they have of professional actors having the time of their lives in commercials and such? How many takes do they need to do to get it right?

Authenticity gets it in one take. They should start going out into the parks and taking pictures of ordinary people having the time of their life.

this is my mom....She said she loved the tea cups when she was little...and I think this captures how fun they still are!

momteapcups.jpg

this is my mom....She said she loved the tea cups when she was little...and I think this captures how fun they still are!

momteapcups.jpg

That's cute. :flower3: Sometimes I suspect that we adults actually get MORE of a kick out of Disneyland than the kids do, :dance3: although they LOVE it!!!! :cheer2: We have the pure joy of acting like kids without abandon, :woohoo: and plus we have the memories of our own childhoods there :banana: AND we get the excitement of watching our kids (and grandkids!) having that kind of fun! :yay: What could be better than that? :grouphug:

That's cute. :flower3: Sometimes I suspect that we adults actually get MORE of a kick out of Disneyland than the kids do, :dance3: although they LOVE it!!!! :cheer2: We have the pure joy of acting like kids without abandon, :woohoo: and plus we have the memories of our own childhoods there :banana: AND we get the excitement of watching our kids (and grandkids!) having that kind of fun! :yay: What could be better than that? :grouphug:

......And also, as we get older, not only do we have the benefit of enjoying all the same things we did when we were going to DL as kids/teenagers (such as going on rides, interacting with characters, shopping, taking pictures), but we learn new ways to enjoy and view DLR that we may not have appreciated in our youth. We see new details and hidden treasures that we didn't notice when we were younger, or we learn to appreciate the work and craftsmanship that went into certain park icons and locations when we never gave a second thought to it as kids. I know I was not paying attention to the different details of all the weather vanes or bathroom signs around DLR when I was 4 years old or 15 years old or whatever....but now I do!! When you have done and seen all the expected stuff so many times in DL over the course of your life, you look for new things, or old things you never saw before. So it is sort of like peeling away the layers of DLR as you age, and making a different discovery each time you peel away another layer, and therefore, always keeping it fresh and interesting!

......And also, as we get older, not only do we have the benefit of enjoying all the same things we did when we were going to DL as kids/teenagers (such as going on rides, interacting with characters, shopping, taking pictures), but we learn new ways to enjoy and view DLR that we may not have appreciated in our youth. We see new details and hidden treasures that we didn't notice when we were younger, or we learn to appreciate the work and craftsmanship that went into certain park icons and locations when we never gave a second thought to it as kids. I know I was not paying attention to the different details of all the weather vanes or bathroom signs around DLR when I was 4 years old or 15 years old or whatever....but now I do!! When you have done and seen all the expected stuff so many times in DL over the course of your life, you look for new things, or old things you never saw before. So it is sort of like peeling away the layers of DLR as you age, and making a different discovery each time you peel away another layer, and therefore, always keeping it fresh and interesting!

Well said! :thumbsup2

feb2009-037.jpg

My son who is three asked Minnie for a "snoookie" aka eskimo kiss...he loves them even renamed them....she gladly did....soooo sweet!:goodvibes

hope the teacups didn't make her sick like some people

:lmao: nope, my mom loves spinning on the teacups, but won't even walk past TOT or screamin...she tells me all the time that if I pressure her to ride, than she won't even go with me...LOL...all in good fun. I think I ruined the poor thing by taking her on Rockin Rollercoaster in WDW...I had to buy the on ride pic of her...it was tooo funny...pure terror...:rotfl2:

I kinda feel bad though..

The teacup pictures are so cute I had to share the ones of my DH at Disneyland on the teacups
IMG_7182.jpg

Weeee we are having fun
IMG_7185.jpg

IMG_7186.jpg

He is so goofy!!!!:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

These guys were so cute! We stopped to hear them sing and DS3 fell asleep. They called him their biggest fan and asked if they could pose for a picture. It was so sweet. One of them even joked that my DS was going to see this photo and say "who are they and when did this happen" :rotfl2:

IMG_0575.jpg

These guys were so cute! We stopped to hear them sing and DS3 fell asleep. They called him their biggest fan and asked if they could pose for a picture. It was so sweet. One of them even joked that my DS was going to see this photo and say "who are they and when did this happen" :rotfl2:

IMG_0575.jpg

Adorable!!!

I :lovestruc the Dapper Dans!

2515280360_27cbf3b4fc_b.jpg

tons more at my flickr photostream here... http://www.flickr.com/photos/7917567@N07/collections/

I just want to say thank you to samjk for posting their picture (bottom of page two). It's precious.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter