Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

Got notice at 7:00 AM that my 4:00 PM flight is delayed 4+ hours. I have a feeling that this is going to be longer than 4 hours. Unsure how’d they know that long before the flight that there’d be that long of a delay 🤷‍♀️
Now to figure out what to do in Orlando on a rainy day with no hotel room…

Got notice at 7:00 AM that my 4:00 PM flight is delayed 4+ hours. I have a feeling that this is going to be longer than 4 hours. Unsure how’d they know that long before the flight that there’d be that long of a delay 🤷‍♀️
You can go to flightaware website to track where your plane is at. That tends to be helpful to see if the delay is more likely to be caused by weather along the way. Sometimes it's backups caused by a plane that couldn't make it there overnight to be ready for the next day.

DO NOT assume your flight will not take off at its original time. KEEP AN EYE OUT throughout the day. I would not leave the airport or you will risk missing your flight.

This is not abnormal IME to see this. It's happened enough times when my husband has flown for business and every so often when we've flown for leisure and it absolutely is possible the flight gains back time as the day goes on (in our experience likely but I wouldn't want to give you the confidence that it would happen with yours).

You can go to flightaware website to track where your plane is at. That tends to be helpful to see if the delay is more likely to be caused by weather along the way. Sometimes it's backups caused by a plane that couldn't make it there overnight to be ready for the next day.

DO NOT assume your flight will not take off at its original time. KEEP AN EYE OUT throughout the day. I would not leave the airport or you will risk missing your flight.

This is not abnormal IME to see this. It's happened enough times when my husband has flown for business and every so often when we've flown for leisure and it absolutely is possible the flight gains back time as the day goes on (in our experience likely but I wouldn't want to give you the confidence that it would happen with yours).
Yes since my original update, it’s moved to a 3 hour delay and now a 90 minute delay. Emotional roller coaster here 🤣

Yes since my original update, it’s moved to a 3 hour delay and now a 90 minute delay. Emotional roller coaster here 🤣
That happened to us once. Jumping so much was told don’t go beyond security. Then told plane coming in and this will be a fast turnaround . DH goes to bathroom, by the time he came back, we were ready to board. I’m standing in line with our bags. ( and he didn’t take that long) 😂

Our July flight times were adjusted by SW with an e-mail notification to us this morning. One flight number changed, but the other did not. We are now departing 20 minutes earlier and then flying home 40 minutes later, so no biggie and the later flight home actually works to our advantage. I know that airlines can do this at any time of course, and am curious now to see if our August flights get changed. Anyone else have a schedule adjustment recently?

Our flight has gone up and down all day, hopefully we’re boarding soon and this weather is no big deal.

Our flight has gone up and down all day, hopefully we’re boarding soon and this weather is no big deal.
So our 4:00 flight was delayed 7 hours at the high end and on time at the low end today with every timeframe in between. Currently sitting at our second gate change and noticed they took our flight off the board, so I’m waiting for the third gate change and departure at 7:30 now. The drama 🤣I should’ve just moved my flight to Saturday and stayed in Disney extra days.

So our 4:00 flight was delayed 7 hours at the high end and on time at the low end today with every timeframe in between. Currently sitting at our second gate change and noticed they took our flight off the board, so I’m waiting for the third gate change and departure at 7:30 now. The drama 🤣I should’ve just moved my flight to Saturday and stayed in Disney extra days.
Oh gosh, I'm so sorry your flight continued to be delayed. I hope you're in the air right now!
:drinking:

Our July flight times were adjusted by SW with an e-mail notification to us this morning. One flight number changed, but the other did not. We are now departing 20 minutes earlier and then flying home 40 minutes later, so no biggie and the later flight home actually works to our advantage. I know that airlines can do this at any time of course, and am curious now to see if our August flights get changed. Anyone else have a schedule adjustment recently?
Yes, I have a flight from Baltimore to San Francisco and a flight from San Diego to Baltimore in June/July. Both flights have changed. The flight to SF is leaving 10 minutes later than originally scheduled. We have a layover in Denver and the second flight has not changed. The flight from SD is leaving 40 minutes earlier. It’s a direct flight and now we are scheduled to land at 7:30pm instead 8:10pm and I’m happier about the earlier time.

Finally home! Lesson learned- in the future, if flight is delayed, use it as an excuse to stay in Disney another day :)
I'm glad you made it home!
Sounds like a good strategy to me :)
(And apparently, yesterday my aging eyes couldn't see I chose the wrong smiley emoji in my original post! lol)

Our July return flight home was changed from 8:15am to 6:20am. It’s the only direct flight that day so looks like we will be leaving Disney extra early that morning. No change was made for the flight down to Orlando.

My flights to and from Tampa were changed, making a 3 hour layover in Baltimore on the outgoing flight and the return flight was changed to an earlier flight in the morning. We move the outgoing flight to later in the morning with only 2 hour layover.

Yes. I've had four flights rescheduled for this summer already (I wouldn't be surprised if more do as well). All changes of at least an hour and a half difference, usually not in my favor. In one case it's the only direct flight and now leaves earlier in the morning, so that's not fun. In another case, we have a family trip to WDW; with 3 different reservations due to location/accounts/points/etc. My brother in law and his family were moved to a different flight than my parents (who were all flying together); my mom was able to call and get the last two seats on that flight so they're together again. My flight (coming from a different city) also got moved; I was able to move to a different flight that lines up better with their timing.

But honestly, it's been quite the roller coaster this past week trying to keep up with changes and then made adjustments. I can't figure out what Southwest is doing; I've never experienced this before (and I fly SW pretty regularly).

Our July flight time was changed as well....both still nonstop...both a little later(so instead of leaving at 5:30am now it's 7:00am and instead of coming home at 7am it's now 9:15am)not a huge deal for us at all but I noticed we are on the only nonstop flight available on our way back. There are still 2 other options on the way down later in the day

Last edited:
I also got a flight change, PIT > LAS > LGB. Originally leaving around noon, arriving around 4:00, 1.5 layover. The change had me leaving around 9;00 with 3.5 hours in Denver! So I looked at the new schedules, considering that my friend from NJ changed her flight to land around 11:00 at LAX. Found a 6:30am with about 1.5 in LV, arriving 10:55 in LGB. Problem is that is really early. So I booked an airport hotel to make it easier. Works out better, I will have more time that day,

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter