Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

Yes and we complained several times. They couldn’t go out there due to lightning but the gate supervisor told us it was improperly covered to begin with. That’s our biggest complaint, I don’t expect people to go out in lightning but had it been covered properly initially it would not have been as wrecked. The storms were forecast so it’s not as if they didn’t know rain was coming.
Ugh I'm sorry that sucks for sure :( :(

As for who to contact if you go to SWA's website you can go to the Contact Us part and there's a spot to e-mail in with a complaint.

I wouldn't lose complete hope but I don't quite know exactly what they'll do for ya. I know when we were in Jamaica and our luggage got ruined (we think it was a very hard drop at the top where the extendable handle comes out) we missed the SWA desk and opted to do a call in to get a case started. They ended up sending us, once they reviewed our case (we sent them pictures too), a website where we just picked a new large suitcase out and they FedEx us a new one. And for us I'm not placing the blame on the luggage on SWA because Delta also ruined our luggage when we went to Hawaii--for that we were able to stop off at the desk and they just gave us a new large luggage right there. Your situation is however different in that it's the belongings inside the luggage that your claim is about :(

just tried JetBlue again. here is the response...

The current schedule is available through February 12, 2020. Our next flight schedule will be released around 12:00PM ET on Sunday, July 14, 2019 for travel through April 28, 2020

Yes and we complained several times. They couldn’t go out there due to lightning but the gate supervisor told us it was improperly covered to begin with. That’s our biggest complaint, I don’t expect people to go out in lightning but had it been covered properly initially it would not have been as wrecked. The storms were forecast so it’s not as if they didn’t know rain was coming. Even my daughters suitcase, which is hard covered plastic, had items wrecked including some Disney art lithos she purchased.
Wow that's awful! Did you have travel insurance? Might look at a claim through that if SW doesn't reimburse you fully.

Wow that's awful! Did you have travel insurance? Might look at a claim through that if SW doesn't reimburse you fully.

I’ve never gotten insurance for a Disney trips since we are AP holders and it’s always been DVC but that’s dumb of me. I always get it for cruises and will for Disney from now on. Really just stupid on my part. Still waiting to hear from SW, they said within 30 days 🙄

I’ve never gotten insurance for a Disney trips since we are AP holders and it’s always been DVC but that’s dumb of me. I always get it for cruises and will for Disney from now on. Really just stupid on my part. Still waiting to hear from SW, they said within 30 days 🙄
maybe post some pics on twitter? i know they seem to respond quickly over social media

Still waiting to hear from SW, they said within 30 days 🙄
That's what they told me as well with the Jamaica luggage issue though it didn't take that long for us.

Personally I wouldn't go to social media just yet. You've got a claim started, let it actually work through the process. If you haven't already certainly make that complaint on their website via the Contact Us page. I'm just not a fan of going to social media for stuff like this so early (it happened Saturday night, it's Wednesday afternoon) but YMMV.

That's what they told me as well with the Jamaica luggage issue though it didn't take that long for us.

Personally I wouldn't go to social media just yet. You've got a claim started, let it actually work through the process. If you haven't already certainly make that complaint on their website via the Contact Us page. I'm just not a fan of going to social media for stuff like this so early (it happened Saturday night, it's Wednesday afternoon) but YMMV.

I contacted them on Twitter the night/morning it happened but via private messaging. Mostly just to show the photos of the clothes and have it documented even though I was in the SW baggage office at 3 am, lol. The clothes are all permanently dyed, it’s unbelievable. I made the formal complaint on Monday and will try patience 😎

I contacted them on Twitter the night/morning it happened but via private messaging. Mostly just to show the photos of the clothes and have it documented even though I was in the SW baggage office at 3 am, lol. The clothes are all permanently dyed, it’s unbelievable. I made the formal complaint on Monday and will try patience 😎
Its a good idea to spray your luggage with a water proofing product. We use Camp Dry that you can get in the shoe dept at Walmart. Or travel with hardside luggage. We had this same thing happen at MCO and our hard side got slightly damp on the edge by the zipper but others at the luggage claim we soaked.

Last edited:
Its a good idea to spray your luggage with a water proofing product. We use Camp Dry that you can get in the shoe dept at Walmart. Or travel with hardside luggage. We had this same thing happen at MCO and our hard side got slightly damp on the edge by the zipper but others at the luggage claim we soaked.

Good tip but even my daughters hardside suitcase had damage inside. I’ll definitely be packing differently going forward.

JetBlue prices are insane. Starts at about $800pp round-trip from NYC to area airports to MCO for the base fare with no bags and goes up from there.

I hate that SW pushed out the next release so far into Aug, but we'll just have to wait.

Last edited:
I booked one way on JetBlue - but insanity the prices. I'm assuming they're taking advantage of Southwest having to push their dates and people like me who are taking a cruise and don't want to chance it. Waiting for SW to book our flights home. We just paid one way what we paid round-trip for the exact same dates last year.

Check your flights .. Both of mine where changed last night . One was changed to a connecting flight ....

So what it sounds like from your screenshot is they are trying to tighten up their policy on a pilot program trial for stricter consequences to not getting your luggage checked in on time.
If by stricter consequences you mean the passenger will not be able to board the scheduled flight and will have to be put on standby for the next flight, along with their luggage - then yes.
Certainly there are instances where it's out of the passenger's control for why they checked their luggage under the 45mins
Possibly, but when standard advice is to arrive at the airport two hours before departure, it's unlikely to take more than an hour and 15 minutes to check luggage.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter