Pop Century Room Renovations

Has anyone had any experience with a pack & play in the new rooms? Travelling with a 2 year old who is still in a crib. Worst case i will put him in bed with me (just worried he'll get too used to sleeping with me and will have a hard time getting him back to sleeping on his own at home lol)

Pop Q that I can't seem to figure out: I'm taking my parents in a few weeks (!!) they are sort of picky. I would like to request "top floor, lake view, king bed" for them, but my research around here suggests that kings are oftentimes connected to other rooms, and it sounds like you can hear a lot through the door. That would be fine if we end up connected to them (I believe our travel agent requested adjoining rooms, which is fine with us, we don't need to be connected) but they will not like it if it's a different family. So should I not request a king? Thanks in advance, this thread has been awesome!

We're here! Checked in yesterday, got exactly our requests (refurbished, top floor, Lake view: we're in building 4). We love the room so far, and haven't been in the room when they did the security check (we declined housekeeping). This is our first stay at Pop, and so far we enjoying it!

We just walked around the '50s. Building 3 appears partially opened, I think the non pool view rooms are the open rooms, and they looked refurbished. Building 1 is completely closed, and building 2 appears completely open, still unrenovated.

If you have any questions, I'll try and answer!

Would love to see some updated pictures on the Skyliners. Thank you.

Pop Q that I can't seem to figure out: I'm taking my parents in a few weeks (!!) they are sort of picky. I would like to request "top floor, lake view, king bed" for them, but my research around here suggests that kings are oftentimes connected to other rooms, and it sounds like you can hear a lot through the door. That would be fine if we end up connected to them (I believe our travel agent requested adjoining rooms, which is fine with us, we don't need to be connected) but they will not like it if it's a different family. So should I not request a king? Thanks in advance, this thread has been awesome!
I think you may have to scale back on your requests. Requesting top floor AND lake view AND king room are a lot of things. If king bed is most important I would only request that. Otherwise, you could put top floor and lake view.

We are checking into a preferred room next week. Are the preferred rooms refurbished? Or, should I request one on our ressie?

Currently only the 50's sections is under rehab. Post 2 of this thread has a map of the rooms and keeps the refurbishments up to date.

Has anyone had any experience with a pack & play in the new rooms? Travelling with a 2 year old who is still in a crib. Worst case i will put him in bed with me (just worried he'll get too used to sleeping with me and will have a hard time getting him back to sleeping on his own at home lol)

I saw a picture last week of a pack & play in a refurbished room. It fit perfectly between the beverage center and the dresser. I think they also said that it would fit nicely between the dresser and the bathroom area as well -- that's the area where the door would be if it's a connecting room. If you end up having to put him in bed with you, just call mousekeeping (I think it's listed as something else on the phone now..."guest services" maybe???) and ask for a bed rail. You can also request them at the front desk (they'll deliver it to the room).

I saw a picture last week of a pack & play in a refurbished room. It fit perfectly between the beverage center and the dresser. I think they also said that it would fit nicely between the dresser and the bathroom area as well -- that's the area where the door would be if it's a connecting room. If you end up having to put him in bed with you, just call mousekeeping (I think it's listed as something else on the phone now..."guest services" maybe???) and ask for a bed rail. You can also request them at the front desk (they'll deliver it to the room).

Oh great! Thanks so much!

Help me out friends, I need to know what number to call for the bounce back offer. There is no paper on the room.
Call x8844 from your room phone.

You're looking for a little pamphlet that was probably on the dresser when you arrived. It's called a 'Future Stay Offer' and is currently a Room Discount for certain dates in 2018.

Hey guys, I have 2 questions about the renovations:

1) Did they change the safe inside the bathroom area of the room? is it key safe or changed to digital?
2) With Skyliner been in construction the bridge to AoA is closed or will remain opened?

thanks in advance :)

1) Did they change the safe inside the bathroom area of the room? is it key safe or changed to digital?
2) With Skyliner been in construction the bridge to AoA is closed or will remain opened?

The bridge is open. They have it half blocked off. I haven't seen the safes yet but I believe they are digital.

1) Yes they changed the safe and the new one is great! Much larger and now digital. It is now located in the top shelf area on the left side of the dresser. It easily held my (old so large) laptop, wallet and various other items. Loved it and since it was digital it was easy to use.

2) The bridge remains open during the Disney Skyliner construction. There is a wall that runs down the centre of the bridge blocking access to the water on the side they're building on but the other half of the bridge remains open.

This picture was taken by @JennLTX last year and shows the bridge and wall between Pop and AoA.

facing-aoa-jpg.261783

Big thanks @scrappinginontario!
Thank God they changed the safe to a digital one! finally! that key with that huge keichan was really bad at All Stars lol
Glad to know the bridge is open because we want to visit AoA. The theming there looks so beautiful! :)

Big thanks @scrappinginontario!
Thank God they changed the safe to a digital one! finally! that key with that huge keichan was really bad at All Stars lol
Glad to know the bridge is open because we want to visit AoA. The theming there looks so beautiful! :)
You're so welcome!!

AoA is beautiful and I recommend finding time to enjoy their food court if you can. We really enjoy their food!

I last stayed at POP in October (solo trip, old room) and the bridge was half open then too. What part of the Skyliner is going to be on the bridge? It looked like most of it was going to be in that space between POP and AoA between the 50's and Little Mermaid rooms.

I last stayed at POP in October (solo trip, old room) and the bridge was half open then too. What part of the Skyliner is going to be on the bridge? It looked like most of it was going to be in that space between POP and AoA between the 50's and Little Mermaid rooms.

From the concept art work that is posted on the construction walls, my best guess is that access to the Skyliner station will be from Generation Gap bridge.

map-disney-skyliner-gondolas-106.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter