Pop Century Room Renovations

No. There will possibly be Preferred rooms in Building 2 that are not refurbished and are still accepting guests on June 18th.

If you look at Post 2 in this thread you can see the refurbishment history. In particular you can look at when Buildings 3 and 1 closed to help determine when they might reopen. Building 2 will close at some point but honestly we don't really know when.

I just looked and it appears that building 2 has preferred pool rooms but not preferred rooms, am I reading that correctly? So if the poster has a preferred (not pool view) room, then the answer would be yes? Just clarifying because I'm in the same boat!

I just looked and it appears that building 2 has preferred pool rooms but not preferred rooms, am I reading that correctly? So if the poster has a preferred (not pool view) room, then the answer would be yes? Just clarifying because I'm in the same boat!
Sorry, yes, I was incorrect! Building 2 has Standard Pool View Rooms, not Preferred Rooms.

For yourself and OP, you will be fine in that as of now all Preferred rooms are either refurbished or closed for refurbishment.

Thanks for catching that, I'll adjust my answer above.

If we want connecting, refurbished rooms, what category should we book? Preferred or Preferred Pool? Trip is last week of June. If we do Preferred Pool I could have connecting as my only request since they are all refurbished. I'm not that worried about noise since we will be in the park a lot and sleep with a sound machine.

If we want connecting, refurbished rooms, what category should we book? Preferred or Preferred Pool? Trip is last week of June. If we do Preferred Pool I could have connecting as my only request since they are all refurbished. I'm not that worried about noise since we will be in the park a lot and sleep with a sound machine.
There isn't a way to guarantee that you will get connecting rooms. You may request it but it is only a request.

If connecting, refurbished rooms are your 2 greatest preferences, there are more standard rooms that meet this criteria than any other room category.

By the end of June only Building 2 may be open in a pre-refurbished state. If you take a look at the 2 maps in Post 2 you will be able determine what combination (standard, preferred, etc.) will give you the best chance of getting connecting, refurbished rooms.

I called yesterday to make room request and when asking to request a refurbished room the CM stated all rooms are now finished with being refurbished..... I asked her to please still note it just to be safe.

I called yesterday to make room request and when asking to request a refurbished room the CM stated all rooms are now finished with being refurbished..... I asked her to please still note it just to be safe.
Thanks. I think she’s close to being right but buildings 3 & 1 are being worked on and building 2 is still open pre-refurbished.

I have this vague memory of reading that after the rooms were completed at POP that they were going to start a renovation on the food court. Anyone else read this a year or so ago or was it my imagination?

I have this vague memory of reading that after the rooms were completed at POP that they were going to start a renovation on the food court. Anyone else read this a year or so ago or was it my imagination?
I believe this was a rumour at one point but I have never heard anything official announced. Just wishful thinking I guess.

When we returned from MVMCP around 1am last November they were refurbishing the seats in the food court. They were ripping out the cushions to the bare wood underneath and putting in new ones at a crazy pace. In the morning everything was back up and running. Would they have done this if there were plans to start a complete food court refurb within the next year?

I just got back from there today and you are correct. Building 2 was operating.
Hm. Trying to decide what to request. We have booked a standard rom starting June 17th. I’ve always wanted to stay in the 50’s section, but both times we’ve had 70’s.

I definitely don’t want 80’s and especially not 90’s.

I think I’ll be better off requesting lake view. Would it be a good guess that they will start on Building 2 by June 17th? I really don’t want to be in a non refurbished room. I was at Pop last summer when all the renovations were going on and didn’t get a refurbished room. I never would have thought they’d still be working on them this summer.

Or maybe I’ll just call and ask for refurbished and lake view. That’s really what I want. Maybe NEXT summer we will all be able to stay in a refurbished room (when quite a few of them will already be two years old).

I have a preferred room booked at POP for early July. Since it appears all preferred rooms have been renovated or are currently closed for renovations, what should I put in my request? Preferred rooms are in the 70s, 60s and 50 sections right? Any area better than others? I understand lake view isn't an option for preferred? Don't really wanna be looking at the parking lot lol. I didn't even want a preferred room, but that's all that was available for our dates.

Post 2 has a map. Personally I would request 60’s as we like the proximity of generation gap bridge and the ease of popping over to the food court at Art of Animation and also being able to use their buses.

Post 2 has a map. Personally I would request 60’s as we like the proximity of generation gap bridge and the ease of popping over to the food court at Art of Animation and also being able to use their buses.

Agree with this. I love using AoA's food court. Maybe I just got lucky, but I found it way less crowded for breakfast than Pop.

As a back-up request, I had a Preferred room on the courtyard-facing side of 70s building 10 that was convenient to the Pop food court and buses; I liked that location a lot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter