Pop Century Room Renovations

Curious if anyone has insight into what room types are typically part of Free Dining offers? Hoping to see that offer this coming week! Also - likelihood of getting connecting rooms? We are a family of six split in two rooms. Thanks!!

I just booked 3 standard view rooms with free dining for 9/29 to 10/5. Just fyi.

I was able to get FD on Aug 26th. We booked standard pool view. My only concern is that the increases our odds of getting an old room.. Can anyone guesstimate when buildings 3, 2, and 1 will be done? do they usually close entire buildings down... I know the 90s also have this room cat too. but worse case we get an old 50s pool view non- reno room.. should I try and change my room catagory? what is the estimate for completion? on page one I see 3 just started... so could it be that by end Aug 1 and 2 are close for reno?

I was able to get FD on Aug 26th. We booked standard pool view. My only concern is that the increases our odds of getting an old room.. Can anyone guesstimate when buildings 3, 2, and 1 will be done? do they usually close entire buildings down... I know the 90s also have this room cat too. but worse case we get an old 50s pool view non- reno room.. should I try and change my room catagory? what is the estimate for completion? on page one I see 3 just started... so could it be that by end Aug 1 and 2 are close for reno?
On post 2 of this thread, it gives you a renovation history. It seems to take in the 70-90 day range for each building but there is no way of
knowing anything for certain.

As @strike4 mentioned, it's probably best to guesstimate for yourself based on post 2 and none of us really knows the progress that will happen, can just take a 'best guess' based on the past 6 buildings.

Booked Pop for first time for FD in December! Can someone explain the building numbers for The 70's section. It seems like all the other sections have numbers in order (1,2,3 in 50's section) but looking at the map, it seems 70's has a building 6 and a building??? 10, 0, I can't figure it out based on the room numbers.

Also, is it considered a sister resort with AOA--can you use pools at both resorts or not? TIA!

Booked Pop for first time for FD in December! Can someone explain the building numbers for The 70's section. It seems like all the other sections have numbers in order (1,2,3 in 50's section) but looking at the map, it seems 70's has a building 6 and a building??? 10, 0, I can't figure it out based on the room numbers.

The 70s has buildings 6 and 10. Rooms in building 10 start with 0.

Also, is it considered a sister resort with AOA--can you use pools at both resorts or not? TIA!

No.

We just returned from our first stay at POP. This was our first value stay period as the double beds were a deal breaker for us but this was a unplanned trip where the girls and I were tagging along with my husband to a conference and we were hitting parks while he conferenced and we decided to take our chances on getting a new room in the effort to save some cash.

We stayed in 70s building 10 and we really enjoyed it. The new rooms are nice. Not a lot of floor space with bed folded down but loved all the cubbies in the bathroom for storage and the beds were really comfy. Also loved the overall size of the resort, not too big.

There is a lot of construction going on. We were never bothered by noise but besides room renovations grounds renovations are going on too. Our room was by the fussball guys and the big wheel. One morning we came out to a crane working on the fussball characters, the big wheel is in rough shape and has signs around it saying it is being worked on, looks like it has been power washed for repainting. The bridge to AOA was open but has a large barricade blocking half of it while they work on the gondola.

None of this effected or disturbed our stay in anyway and I would say we would stay here again in the future but if you are looking for that perfect Disney resort stay you will definitely notice the construction going on.

The mermaid rooms were actually Pop rooms. That whole area was supposed to be the second half of Pop. :)
Yes, the original plan for the now AoA resort was the 'Early Years', an extension of Pop Century. I remember looking over from Pop at the abandoned building project after 911. I'm thankful they eventually build AoA as I love their food court and using their buses.

For all who may be interested in reducing shin bruising pool noodles do help. We bought one at the dollar store and cut it in half. Then cut one half into four pieces and then slit it up one side and put it on the upright parts of the Murphy bed. It didn't cover the very edge that sticks out, but because it was a bright colour we saw it before walking into it. The only times we bumped into it was when they were removed for housekeeping.

Hopefully this will help people in the future.

Is it me, or have we not had a Pop refurb update for a while? Looking at Post #2, it seems like it's probably time for Building 2 to start the refurb process?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!