Pop Century Room Renovations

I’m not sure if this has been asked, but I didn’t see it anywhere.
What are the renovated room’s heating and air conditioning controls like? Is it one where you set the temp and it stays like that? Or is it one of the newer energy saver types? (Ones where if you don’t move around in the room it shuts off)
Thanks!

To my experience, we set it and it stayed, even at night when no one was moving around. That was in building 8, its the only one I can speak of the experience because that's the only renovated room I've stayed in!

I hope it’s open when we are there in 15 days!

ME TOO! I would even be willing to change my room preferences. I have a preferred room, so i'm worried that they are going to put me in the 50s, UN-renovated AND no pool. I need either a renovated room and NO pool (70s) or an un-renovated room WITH a pool.

ME TOO! I would even be willing to change my room preferences. I have a preferred room, so i'm worried that they are going to put me in the 50s, UN-renovated AND no pool. I need either a renovated room and NO pool (70s) or an un-renovated room WITH a pool.
Lol I would be very upset if I got put in the 50s with no pool.

Lol I would be very upset if I got put in the 50s with no pool.

Oh my gosh, I would be pretty grouchy. I know the preferred is to be close to the transportation, so I wouldn't have a leg to stand on. And i'm not a complainer, LOL. But I would definitely try to see if they could find another preferred room!

I'm just going to stalk this thread and see. If the pool remains open, i'm going to call and switch my preferences! Maybe.

Oh my gosh, I would be pretty grouchy. I know the preferred is to be close to the transportation, so I wouldn't have a leg to stand on. And i'm not a complainer, LOL. But I would definitely try to see if they could find another preferred room!

I'm just going to stalk this thread and see. If the pool remains open, i'm going to call and switch my preferences! Maybe.
We have a standard so I’m not too worried. There are tons of standard rooms that have been finished.

We have a standard so I’m not too worried. There are tons of standard rooms that have been finished.

Good point! I just love the thought of being by the bowling pin pool, so would be willing to sacrifice the renovated room. We stayed last year and didn't mind the set up. Getting to the nitty gritty! So close!!!!

Good point! I just love the thought of being by the bowling pin pool, so would be willing to sacrifice the renovated room. We stayed last year and didn't mind the set up. Getting to the nitty gritty! So close!!!!
14 days and they just opened more fop FPs for my trip since they changed the opening time from 9 to 8 am!

Yeah I would take the New room over being close to the pool. Some of the old rooms have lots of things wrong with them.

14 days and they just opened more fop FPs for my trip since they changed the opening time from 9 to 8 am!

Um, you are AMAZING. I have been stalking FP for FOP ever since they extended the AK time. I got my Nav'i FP moved UP, but never could get a FOP. Well...I just bopped over and checked after reading your post and GOT ONE!!!! YAHOO! Thanks so much!

Um, you are AMAZING. I have been stalking FP for FOP ever since they extended the AK time. I got my Nav'i FP moved UP, but never could get a FOP. Well...I just bopped over and checked after reading your post and GOT ONE!!!! YAHOO! Thanks so much!
I’ve gotta help out my fellow disers who I know have been looking non stop! I actually just needed to change our time from 10:50 to earlier but someone took my 10:50 pretty quick so I hope I made someone happy!

In the bottom corner of each message there is something that says, '+Quote'. If you click that and then the '...Insert Quote' option at the bottom of your reply, it will make it much easier for others to know what comment you are referencing.

Just a thought as I've read your messages but would like to know what your comment is discussing.

Yeah I would take the New room over being close to the pool. Some of the old rooms have lots of things wrong with them.

We requested the 70s standard rooms, but were put in the 50s section, building 2, so the farthest one!. The bus and food court are not far from this section at all. Room had a clock radio, fridge, drawers were big and deep. And bed was great too. I worried for nothing.

I just wanted to note that this ride was amazing. It actually felt like I was flying this creature...

When I stayed in December I had asked for a renovated room but unfortunately they didn’t have any available. But they told me to check back As they were trying to find one for me. I didn’t care what building I was in because it was a 2 night stay and I had a Rental car. They finally gave me room 7347 which was a renovated room but the paint was peeling already. The parking lot for building 7 was being used for gutting the old rooms. So I ended up parking next to the trailers that they were putting all the old room furniture in. It did make for some great pictures though but was also sad at the same time.

We requested the 70s standard rooms, but were put in the 50s section, building 2, so the farthest one!. The bus and food court are not far from this section at all. Room had a clock radio, fridge, drawers were big and deep. And bed was great too. I worried for nothing.
New room or old room?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!