Pop Century Room Renovations

I think I remember reading on this thread about the King rooms but I can't find it now. Are the king rooms being changed to queens?

Unfortunately you got a misinformed Phone CM. My Aunt just called and added a request of refurbished room Monday. I would call back.
I called weeks ago and had them add a note that I would prefer a refurbished room, kept my optins to only 90's or 80's room.

I check in in one week! I called and requested a refurbished room. Requested 80s online check in. And sending a fax via touring plans. We'll see....

Just to clarify, the double is a second room adjoining king room.

This is the biggest question for me. I'll be interested to see what the accessible rooms look like when building 7 opens. I recall reading earlier in this thread that the King/Double option was going away, but does anyone know if that was a sure thing? Seems a shame to limit families of more than 2 who need the accessibility away from Pop.

This was the first time I ever sent a room request fax, simply asked for a refurbished room, included res #, dates, name, etc, and was successful. It's impossible to know how many are granted, too many variables.

May I ask to what # you sent your fax request? Heading there next week.

May I ask to what # you sent your fax request? Heading there next week.

I check in a week from today as well and called last night to request on or near room 9137. I had previously sent the online for 80s and 90s. I just called the number from the MDE app.

I am really wondering what is going to be available in for preferred rooms with building 10 down for the count by the time I get there (darn I that was my first choice if only they could just work a little faster). I would change my res to a standard to get a refurbed room but none are available. What do you knowledgeable folks think will be open for preferred rooms the first week of October? I am hoping for 70's or 60's in the event that I cant finagle a standard refurbed room since I paid for preferred. What are your guesses. They will help me make the most of my room requests.

Last edited:
I think I remember reading on this thread about the King rooms but I can't find it now. Are the king rooms being changed to queens?
No.
I don't believe they can legally do that. Since they have non-disabled rooms for 4, they must have an option for an accessible room for a family of 4.
I don't think they're changing the accessible rooms in any way, except refurbishing them. What could be going away, if anything, is the 'bonus' free connecting double room. As far as I know, there are king accessible rooms and double accessible rooms, in five of the buildings.

I am really wondering what is going to be available in for preferred rooms with building 10 down for the count by the time I get there (darn I that was my first choice if only they could just work a little faster). I would change my res to a standard to get a refurbed room but none are available. What do you knowledgeable folks think will be open for preferred rooms the first week of October? I am hoping for 70's or 60's in the event that I cant finagle a standard refurbed room since I paid for preferred. What are your guesses. They will help me make the most of my room requests.

If you want a refurbed room, I would word your request as"refurbed room". That will give you the best chance.

Based on what I saw today, I think building 10 is your only hope of getting a refurbished preferred room. They have started to refurbish one preferred area of building 10, but the bulk of preferred rooms in building 10 have not been touched yet and they are still currently occupied by guests.

If you want a refurbed room, I would word your request as"refurbed room". That will give you the best chance.

I didnt see it as an option when I was looking at online check in. I could send a fax though.

Based on what I saw today, I think building 10 is your only hope of getting a refurbished preferred room. They have started to refurbish one preferred area of building 10, but the bulk of preferred rooms in building 10 have not been touched yet and they are still currently occupied by guests.

While I do hope building 10 has a preferred refurbished room I am not at all sure if any of 10 will be open at all by October. It seems like with having one of the buildings with preferred rooms out of circulation the supply of preferred rooms will be less so I might just "get-what-you-get-and-you-dont-throw-a-fit" as I often tell the kids in my class. I dont always love it when my grown up words of wisdom came back at me.

No.

I don't think they're changing the accessible rooms in any way, except refurbishing them. What could be going away, if anything, is the 'bonus' free connecting double room. As far as I know, there are king accessible rooms and double accessible rooms, in five of the buildings.

Correct that they aren't changing accessible rooms other than standard refurb, at least not that I've heard. However, I do not believe any building currently has wheelchair accessible/roll-in shower rooms with 2 beds. Hence, the king+double. I'd be surprised if that goes away unless they ARE doing more reno to accessible rooms in order to allow 4 guests in a room with roll-in shower. Maybe that's the hold-up with building 7 (just speculating...)

I check in next week. I requested 90s building online then phoned to request a renovated room. Does it look like the second building in the eighties section will be finished by then? I'm thinking the more rooms the more likely I will get my request. (I can't figure out how to post a pic in my profile - I'm new to the sight). Thanks

I check in next week. I requested 90s building online then phoned to request a renovated room. Does it look like the second building in the eighties section will be finished by then? I'm thinking the more rooms the more likely I will get my request. (I can't figure out how to post a pic in my profile - I'm new to the sight). Thanks
Hopefully you will get your request!

I wouldn't count on another building being open by the time you arrive as the work on the current building seems to be more involved than some of the others has been. It seems once the rooms are complete the check list is removed from the windows and people have noticed the curtains open and tvs being on day and night for quite a few days, presumably to detect defects. It hasn't been reported that this is happening in the most advanced building so we're still a ways away from it being opened is my guess.

You need 10 posts before you can have an avatar.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter