Poll: ball play in pools? How do you feel?

How do you feel about ball play in the pools?

• Love it; do it all the time!

Votes: 32 19.4%
  • Stop throwing that ball!

Votes: 97 58.8%
  • It's okay in the quiet pools.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • Other

Votes: 27 16.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely. Ball throwing in a pool is not only ok. It’s expected. There is no issue with it and it will always happen in any pool. Especially at WDW with the amount of kids.
Folks. If you have an issue with this. Stay home.
Honestly, I have never seen anyone in the many WDW resort pools I’ve been to throw a ball except during supervised pool games by the CM pool host. That should be “ expected” ....imo.

Absolutely. Ball throwing in a pool is not only ok. It’s expected. There is no issue with it and it will always happen in any pool. Especially at WDW with the amount of kids.
Folks. If you have an issue with this. Stay home.
Maybe you expect it, but obviously everyone does not come with the same expectations. It certainly does NOT happen always in any pool. The attitude that this is how I do things, who cares about anyone else, is inconsiderate.

Maybe you expect it, but obviously everyone does not come with the same expectations. It certainly does NOT happen always in any pool. The attitude that this is how I do things, who cares about anyone else, is inconsiderate.
It's a pattern with some.

It drives me crazy, especially when I get hit with a ball in a quiet pool.

At Stormalong Bay there’s different areas like the volleyball area where it’s appropriate. I purposely avoid the main pool at whichever resort I am at. I expect splashing there and games of “Marco Polo.” I would be more accepting of people tossing a ball. But at the quiet pools, I would like to be able to swim without getting hit with a ball or someone jumping right in front of me in order to catch a ball.

I don’t think that is too much to ask.

I settle into the GF courtyard pool with a relaxing adult beverage.

At the risk of starting a whole new debate, am I the only one who thinks having food or drink in the pool is unacceptable?

That’s what stood out in the original post for me as opposed to a family frolicking in the pool with a ball.

At the risk of starting a whole new debate, am I the only one who thinks having food or drink in the pool is unacceptable?

That’s what stood out in the original post for me as opposed to a family frolicking in the pool with a ball.
You can’t even have a drink by the pool, as in the drink sitting on the deck while you’re in the pool, at WDW. CMs are very quick to point to this out.

You can’t even have a drink by the pool, as in the drink sitting on the deck while you’re in the pool, at WDW. CMs are very quick to point to this out.
Not at the main pools where the lifeguards are,, but I do see some adults in the quiet pools with their drinks. There are rarely/never any CM’s around.

That goes for both sides of the issue. No just the ones who are ok with ball tossing.

I put my drink in my travel mug or a to-go cup from club level. There are folks in the GF courtyard pool (my favorite pool) with open drinks and some who read on kindles in the shallow water.

I put my drink in my travel mug or a to-go cup from club level. There are folks in the GF courtyard pool (my favorite pool) with open drinks and some who read on kindles in the shallow water.

I personally don’t think any food or drink is acceptable in the pool. I don’t really care how you hide the fact that it’s “a relaxing adult beverage”. That just shows you already know it’s wrong.

It’s kind of special you were asking about the acceptability of ball play in the pools while you were doing something blatantly against the rules. Even more so the number of people here who didn’t flinch at your drink but also pooped on the ball play party.

I couldn’t find the pool rules from an official Disney site, but lots of people have taken pictures of the rules board at various resorts. They consistently say no food or drink in the pool.

https://www.google.ca/search?q=disn...hUKEwidjdT4u-TkAhXoYt8KHRUGA8IQ_AUoAXoECBAQAQ

97A7A336-4DE3-4DFE-8F08-CCB4347F2815.jpeg

Fwiw, my stay in July at CSR there were quite a few of us in the quiet pool past the posted time. Security even came, walked thru the area, and left. I think as long as you are not being super noisy they don't care if you swim past the posted hours. Sometimes Disney rules are guidelines.

It’s disrespectful to others in a crowded pool. If you are the only one in the pool, or are well away from others and not splashing anyone go ahead.

If it is your pool, you get to take it over for your activities. If you are just one of many at the pool, you don't get to take it over. Ball playing takes over the pool, unless you are tossing a tiny ball to a small child two feet away from you. If anyone can get between you and your other ball player, you are taking over the pool for your singular use.
I'm not advocating taking over the pool by one of any group whether it's pool ball playing or a bathing suited coffee klatch lolling by the sides. Not sure were you came up with that idea?

I'm appreciative of the designing that went into WDW resort pools; nothing like the average community or residential pools. They know that it can't be all one way with no leeway for others' ideas of fun and built accordingly.
The pool designers used various setbacks, shaping and depths to carve out spaces for quiet use, group activities, slide and clearance, in essence to accommodate different wants. All these activities can take place simultaneously since the pools are so large and well designed.

The only place I've ever seen anyone play ball in the pool was at the Oasis Pool at Poly. Most visitors had gravitated to the seating near the zero entry area closest to the drink and snack kiosk when some teens came in and promptly took up residence at the deeper end by the opposite side of the pool. They played a game where one threw a ball into the pool and another swam to the pool bottom to retrieve it. Probably was a wiffle ball.
Nobody disturbed each other, more than one use happened at the same time, and it was a nice day.

I can't see why multiple use of either the quiet or child oriented activity pools can't be shared as long as the users are respectful of others.

I personally don’t think any food or drink is acceptable in the pool. I don’t really care how you hide the fact that it’s “a relaxing adult beverage”. That just shows you already know it’s wrong.

It’s kind of special you were asking about the acceptability of ball play in the pools while you were doing something blatantly against the rules. Even more so the number of people here who didn’t flinch at your drink but also pooped on the ball play party.

I couldn’t find the pool rules from an official Disney site, but lots of people have taken pictures of the rules board at various resorts. They consistently say no food or drink in the pool.

Actually, guests ARE permitted to enjoy beverages in the GF Courtyard Pool, it’s not against the rules there. Staff will even serve you a drink in the pool. To my knowledge, it is the only Disney pool that allows this. Everywhere else, you are correct, drinks in the pool are a definite no-no.

I think using a travel mug there is a great idea, not so much to hide a drink as to keep it cool, spill-proof, and protected from pool water and insects. 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter