PMS in a Handbasket--Don't be afraid, just bring us food... Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
paigevz said:
Not too unusual at home Ceddy. VERY unusual away from home, though.

They begin at this age to assert their autonomy...........much like they did at 4, but now in moving towards their friends' values and habits.

They also have a tendency to grow quickly and need more rest.........making them fussier and quicker to tantrum.

:grouphug: It's tough on parents.

Thanks Paige, it helps to know this is somewhat normal - it only happens at home with me. I told my DH that if I had to deal with this (he's usually at work) the least he could do was make sure there's something cold in the fridge (see Tig :rotfl2: ).

CEDmom said:
Thanks Paige, it helps to know this is somewhat normal - it only happens at home with me. I told my DH that if I had to deal with this (he's usually at work) the least he could do was make sure there's something cold in the fridge (see Tig :rotfl2: ).
If it helps, they usually only do it with those they feel safest and are most comfortable with. :)

CED, is this a totally new thing in your DD? You said she didn't have them as toddlers, but what about since then? Jake has tantrums, but he never stopped having them since he was 1yo. And (so far) he hasn't had any at school.

CEDmom said:
Has she learned nothing here :sad2: :rotfl2: .

Paige, can I pick your teacher brain? Is it still common for 2nd graders to have temper tantrums? DD never really had them as a toddler but over the last few months she's had some doozies. They're all triggered by her not wanting to do something we tell her to do.

My 5yo dgd throws little fits every now and then. She's been going through a tough time but I really think it's just because she's a spoiled little princess. :teeth:

PrincessJasmine08 said:
A quick hello to my friends. :wave2: Just passing through, hope to be able to talk more by the end of the week!
Hey PJ, what happened with you and the professor this afternoon? Did he just want to tell you what a wondeful student you are?

CEDmom said:
Has she learned nothing here :sad2: :rotfl2: .

Paige, can I pick your teacher brain? Is it still common for 2nd graders to have temper tantrums? DD never really had them as a toddler but over the last few months she's had some doozies. They're all triggered by her not wanting to do something we tell her to do.
My 2nd gradr has them still, that's why I had to pull her out of church yesterday. She is gradually getting better, hers get so bad that she can't call down. It can get really bad. I'm learned that just leaving her alone sometimes works the best.

Tigger&Belle said:
CED, is this a totally new thing in your DD? You said she didn't have them as toddlers, but what about since then? Jake has tantrums, but he never stopped having them since he was 1yo. And (so far) he hasn't had any at school.
Kathryn unfortunatly has them in school too. Her teacher is good with her though. She has been sent to the principal a couple times though.

Fly by here kiddies. We just flew home from San Francisco on Sat night and then I worked 16 hours yesterday. Today....I slept and we just went and bought new luggage (baddly needed) and Chris 2 new suits. I have to work tomorrow but will be around later....Wednesday evening should be good for me so I can talk and get caught up.
A special :grouphug: to SnowWhitesMom....thank you sooo much, you made me smile. :love:

tevagirl said:
Maybe she's playing that 'Hide the pickle' game. :sad2:
She posted a disclaimer 2 days ago-ish..she said DH had his fill for a while since she played that game ALOT at the world :rotfl2:

Tigger&Belle said:

She had a few as a toddler but nothing like what I've seen with other children. But in the past 3 months she's had 4 or 5 which probably doesn't seem like a lot but I don't remember her having that many as a 2 yo. She only had one at school and I was there and leaving which is what set her off. Besides that she definitely only has them at home with me. Part of the problem is she's a very easygoing cooperative child 99% of the time but can't handle being wrong about things. It honestly is like some lunatic takes over her body. Nanny 911 has nothin' on her when she's throwing a fit :rolleyes: :rotfl: .

Car, let's hope they all grow out of this :grouphug: . Of course that'll mean the beginning of the tween years :rolleyes: :rotfl: .

WonderfulDreamer2 said:
Fly by here kiddies. We just flew home from San Francisco on Sat night and then I worked 16 hours yesterday. Today....I slept and we just went and bought new luggage (baddly needed) and Chris 2 new suits. I have to work tomorrow but will be around later....Wednesday evening should be good for me so I can talk and get caught up.
A special :grouphug: to SnowWhitesMom....thank you sooo much, you made me smile. :love:

Fuzzy!! :grouphug:

Ok so I just bubbled 2 kid rocking chairs and a pic frame. I thin k I may take afro yo break...but I wasn't oo into the flavors last night.

tevagirl said:
Hey Teva... :wave: I've missed you people....you need to know that. But OMG San Fran was AWSOME. And, I got up close to Sergi, one othe 2 guys that started Google. It was awsome. But I missed my friends. :love:

WonderfulDreamer2 said:
Hey Teva... :wave: I've missed you people....you need to know that. But OMG San Fran was AWSOME. And, I got up close to Sergi, one othe 2 guys that started Google. It was awsome. But I missed my friends. :love:
Nor Cal is realy cold, no?

WonderfulDreamer2 said:
FUZZY!!!!!!!!!! :grouphug: :wave: I miss you!!!!!

Tig, will ya stay home? I'm beggin' ya!

WonderfulDreamer2 said:

We missed you too! I'm glad you had a good trip. I have always wanted to go to SF and San Diego. Some day I'll get there.

You must be pooped! Go to bed and come talk to us Wednesday!!

Tiffer said:
Nor Cal is realy cold, no?
Actually, the week we were there, it was in the 70's most of the week. It started getting chilly the night before we flew our. I forgot to take my coat and I was okay. But I'm glad to be home. :moped:

tevagirl said:
We missed you too! I'm glad you had a good trip. I have always wanted to go to SF and San Diego. Some day I'll get there.

You must be pooped! Go to bed and come talk to us Wednesday!!
Thanks guys. You make me feel special. I am heading to bed since I have to work in the morning but I will catch you all wed, thur and friday. I can't wait. :cheer2:

PJ, CLEAN OUT YOUR MAILBOX!!! I NEED ADDRESSES, PRETTY PLEASE :teeth:

Hi WD2 :wave2: . Glad you had a good trip but we missed you. SF is such a fun city.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter