PMS in a Handbasket--Don't be afraid, just bring us food... Part 23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, back to planning my REAL trip, not dream trips. I have 3 days in April (10, 11, 12) --Thursday, Friday and Saturday for us to do 2 days at WDW and one at SeaWorld.

We are going to commando tour from open to close and only going to hit our absolute favorites at each Disney park. We will do 2 parks on the 2 WDW days and then we want to see as much as we can at SeaWorld.

So what day should we go to SeaWorld?

I am thinking AK and MK on Thursday
SeaWorld on Friday
Epcot and MGM on Saturday

We want to do Wishes and Fantasmic. What do you all think of this?

sounds doable!

Okay, back to planning my REAL trip, not dream trips. I have 3 days in April (10, 11, 12) --Thursday, Friday and Saturday for us to do 2 days at WDW and one at SeaWorld.

We are going to commando tour from open to close and only going to hit our absolute favorites at each Disney park. We will do 2 parks on the 2 WDW days and then we want to see as much as we can at SeaWorld.

So what day should we go to SeaWorld?

I am thinking AK and MK on Thursday
SeaWorld on Friday
Epcot and MGM on Saturday

We want to do Wishes and Fantasmic. What do you all think of this?

Sounds good! We love love SeaWorld. I have to say that with our kids (OUR kids, not anyone elses) we usually miss a lot of night stuff because we get up early to get to the parks. I don't mean you will. We just like to chill a lot on vacation and we don't care if we miss stuff.

I wonder if I could fit a SeaWorld day in...love their Roller Coaster.

the next time I get a bright idea about changing a toilet seat, somebody stop me :sad2:

the next time I get a bright idea about changing a toilet seat, somebody stop me :sad2:

:rotfl2:

My kids can do the open to close for a few days--we have done it before. They are good for 2 or 3 days. Heck, they can out do me!

We will only be doing about 5 or 6 rides/shows in each park so it shouldn't be too bad. Each person has made a list of their absolute must do favorites and most of them overlap. It was actually very interesting to have each one make their lists independently and see how much they ended up the same.

Here is what we will be doing:

Animal Kingdom:

Tough to be a Bug
Kali River Rapids
Nemo the Musical
Dinosaur
EE
Primevil Whirl (?)

MK

Space Mountain
Buzz Lightyear
Monsters Inc Laugh Factory
Haunted Mansion
Pirates
Splash Mountain
Big Thunder Mountain
Pooh
Goofy's Barnstormer

Epcot

Mission Space
Test Track
Soarin
Figment
Spaceship Earth
Nemo Ride

Disney Studios

RnR
Tower of Terror
Star Tours
Drawing a Character lesson

:rotfl2:

My kids can do the open to close for a few days--we have done it before. They are good for 2 or 3 days. Heck, they can out do me!

We will only be doing about 5 or 6 rides/shows in each park so it shouldn't be too bad. Each person has made a list of their absolute must do favorites and most of them overlap. It was actually very interesting to have each one make their lists independently and see how much they ended up the same.

Here is what we will be doing:

Animal Kingdom:

Tough to be a Bug
Kali River Rapids
Nemo the Musical
Dinosaur
EE
Primevil Whirl
(?)

MK

Space Mountain
Buzz Lightyear

Monsters Inc Laugh Factory
Haunted Mansion
Pirates
Splash Mountain
Big Thunder Mountain

Pooh
Goofy's Barnstormer

Epcot

Mission Space
Test Track
Soarin
Figment

Spaceship Earth
Nemo Ride

Disney Studios

RnR
Tower of Terror
Star Tours
Drawing a Character lesson

I highlighted what Tig and I were able to do in a single day our last trip...we also did the World Showcase, Wishes and the Wed Way.

My only concern would be crowd levels Epcot/MGM vs Sea World on a Saturday. I have no idea of what the crowds are like at Sea World, never been to the one in Florida.

I highlighted what Tig and I were able to do in a single day our last trip...we also did the World Showcase, Wishes and the Wed Way.

My only concern would be crowd levels Epcot/MGM vs Sea World on a Saturday. I have no idea of what the crowds are like at Sea World, never been to the one in Florida.

Me too. I have no idea what Sea World will be like. It is really more top priority that we see as much as we can there than WDW. We know we will going back to WDW. Getting back to SeaWorld is trickier. We are driving this time and got really cheap tickets so we are taking advantage of this.

We've never gone to Sea World before. The one in Florida, that is. Went to the Texas one when Alyssa was little, but that was many moons ago. I'd love to go and I wonder if Jake would like that. :scratchin He's never been a big show kid, but maybe he'd be better now. Something for me to think about. I wish that I didn't mind crowds and I'd bring him Spring Break so we'd have more time. I don't know what to do spring break. Hey teva, want to plan a trip in March? ;)

I woke very late today with a bad migraine. It's better now--finally.

Loved reading the cruise posts. I really want to go on a cruise sometime.

Wow MnM, its awesome to have someone in the travel industry here!! So Bermuda is now or never huh!

Yes, it seems so, as far as cruises go. They just opened their ports to the Cruiselines about 5 years ago, but their tourism for hotels and such has gone down, so this is the last year for them.

My dad always told me one was better than the other but I couldn't remember which. He used to tell me that one was more geared to people just taking a cruise to somewhere to pary and the other was for a vaction. Does that make sense?

Thats too bad about them stopping the cruises there. I'll check into Bermuda. I still love that vision of renewing my vows barefoot on a tropical-like beach. Could I do that there?

The thing with the Bermuda cruises is that you usually sit there for a couple days. The port is far from the stuff to do though, so you take the bus, or ferry over to the main town. The Bermudans are considered very rude, so a very different feel than Bahamas for sure. The Bahamians (am I even saying these thigns right?), are super nice, will do anything for you, etc, but they also go way overboard on this and are in your face all the time, very money hungry.

So anyone want to know what I spent most of all day yesterday doing?????????????

RESEARCHING CRUISE LINES!!! Comparing Carnival, NCL, RCL, Disney etc... I was on Cruise Critic and the others almost all day!

Apparently I should have just come here!

Okay, so other than Disney, what is family friendly, non partying, non old farts, fun but affordable??? Destinations are secondary because I want to go just about everywhere and really just want the cruise ship experience. And we don't drink and don't gamble so that doesn't matter to us. We are not really gourmet eaters so unless the food is like dog food we will probably be happy with most things, but I don't like rude service!

I read things for hours yesterday and never came up with an answer. But the Carnival Victory and RCI Grandeur of the Seas go out of Norfolk so if either of them are acceptable then they would be the best!

My favorite is RCCL! Love Carnival as well though. Both have fabulous kids programs and activities. RCCL food sucks, as does it's entertainment though, compared to Carnival. RCCL has just as much of a party crowd IMO though, in fact they even set up party type activities! Both are great for kids, as is Disney.

Disney is the absolute best for kids...but they cost twice as much!

The ports are the same, regardless of cruiseline. Like even Seven Seas or Cunard stop at the same port as Carnival does in say St. Thomas. Everyones port experiences are the same, has nothing to do with your cruiseline really. Even the excursions set up through the cruiselines are run by the locals for all the cruiselines.

This all being said, with the two you are talking about Scrappy, I would go Carnival over RCCL there, due to the ship size and age. You will have a much better experience IMO with that Carnival ship, than on that older, smaller RCCL ship!

Did the plug just get kicked out of the wall? things slowed way down for about 20 mins. and then I was getting a database error for a few minutes when I tried to post or refresh.

What do you all think of this?

Umm, you are booked 7-11th???? Monday to Friday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter