Please pray for my best friend Steve who has muscular dystrophy

Hope everybody had a great Christmas. I'm at my sister's in Florida, we're heading to WDW for the day tomorrow. I've been keeping in touch with Steve's daughter & he's still the same. The nursing facility he's at is very nice. We missed him a lot on Christmas & every day we think of him. I know sometimes there are miracles on this earth & that is up to God. He's knows the desires of our hearts & we don't give up. I'll talk to you guys when I get home ( but I'd rather stay in Florida..much nicer) Take care. Cathie

I just wanted to say (as I hadn't responded except to your original post) that I've continued reading the updates and your family and Steve's are in my thoughts and prayers.

I hope you have a good day at the parks tomorrow.

Cathie, thanks for the updates. You and Steve are still in my prayers.
May God Bless you and yours. Shirley

Happy New Year Everybody! I'll be going to visit Steve this evening..he's still the same & looks great.. ( I stopped in for a brief visit this afternoon) we're still hoping for a miracle. Florida was great, nice & warm..hoping to move there soon. The kids & I were able to ride up front on the monorail to Epcot..we got our monorail co-pilot license! The staff at Steve's nursing facility are very nice. It helps to have cheery people around. Well, have a great New Years Eve & Day. God bless, Cathie

thanks for the update. It sounds like he at least is in a good place.

Hi Everybody! Steve is opening his eyes more & moving his jaw like he wants to say something. ( he has a trach without a speaking valve so he can't talk right now)). Last night when I was visiting him he started to pucker up & wanted to cry when I was telling him various things that had been going on in my life. ( My son Travis was in a car accident on Thursday..he was hit by a snowplow & his car was totalled , but thank God he had his seatbelt on & only received a few scrapes!) I was up there visiting Steve this afternoon & he responded the same as last night. We are still praying for a miracle & always talk positive, especially in his room. There is a court date on January 18th at 10AM & I'm not exactly sure what it's all about but I will be there. Steve's son never visits him anymore & he's the one that was appointed guardian of his health care decisions. He is not being very responsible at all & never spent any time with his dad when he was at home. His daughter Karen & I and his father visit every day. I'm going to stop by & see him before I go to work tonight. Please keep the whole situation in your prayers. God bless & Happy New Year to everyone. Cathie

sounds like some good news.

I'll be thinking good thoughts for the Jan. 18th hearing.

PS - sorry to hear about your son's car, but glad to hear he is OK. My DH totaled his car a few days before Christmas, but was also OK.

Hi Everybody, There is a court hearing tomorrow in regards to Steve's guardianship & other issues. Steve has been opening his eyes more & follows us when we move around his room. His daughter Karen wants to take over as guardian of her father since Steve's son doesn't really want to be involved. This is what we are praying for. Steve's dad still seems to want to disconnect his life support even though we have seen improvements. Please keep this whole matter in your prayers. I will be at the hearing..it's at 10AM. Thank you & God bless. Cathie

Cathie- Good luck! I can't imagine they'd even consider disconnecting life support with signs of improvement. I'm sooo glad to know there's even a glimmer of hope. ---Kathy

just took the time to read this entire thread. Thank God for angels like you. I have a disabled daughter, and I can only hope and pray that if and when I cant be there to care for her, she gets a guardian angel like you who will genuinely care about her and want the best life can offer her.
It is almost 9 am, here in maine. Court for you will be in an hour. I want you to know that I am sending prayers through the ice and rain that you will be handed a victory today. I believe in miracles, and I believe love can save anyone. All my prayers for all of you. Michelle

:flower: Cathie...hope that everything turned out all right. My prayers are with you. Shirley

How did the hearing go?? Hope it went well. :flower: my prayers are with you.

The hearing went well, Steve's daughter has petitioned the court for guardianship of her dad. The judge was very compassionate. She listened to Karen & I about the new responses we've seen from Steve and continued the case until March 16. We'll be getting a new doctor to evaluate Steve and the new responses we are seeing. Karen was so hurt by her grandfather's (Steve's dad) cold attitude, but the judge basically shot him down & said he had no right to disconnect life support at this time. Continue to pray for Steve, he cries at times and then he has peaceful times & sometimes he acts stressed. With Karen as guardian, things will head in a positive direction. Thanks for the support, I'll keep you updated. Cathie pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter