Please pray for my best friend Steve who has muscular dystrophy

cathie

Castaway Cay Girl
We are planning to fly to Florida in December with my buddy Steve (it will be his first flight, he has MD with respiratory failure & uses a ventilator on his wheelchair) He had a very unfortunate incident on Friday while with another attendant..he lost his air hose to his vent & we still do not know how long he went without air..the attendant is an older gentleman who may have fallen asleep. He is presently unconscious in the Special Care Unit at a local hospital. His father & his son are very negative but his daughter & I have seen signs of him responding to us. Please pray that he will show more signs of regaining consciousness & that his family members will have more faith. Thank you Cathie :sad:

How heartbreaking.
I'll keep him in my thoughts and prayers.

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. I'll keep you both in my thoughts. :rose:

Cathie- I will certainly be praying for Steve. I live in fear of being detached from my vent, which is one reason I'm so fortunate to have my service dog there to alert someone and/or reattach the hose. Please keep us posted with his progress. ---Kathy

Thank you Kathy, I know that you more than anybody would understand the trauma he went through. We still don't know exactly what happened but i talked to him less than 45 minutes before this happened & he was fine. The older gentleman caring for him may have fallen asleep or didn't notice if one of the air hoses became disconnected. He is still unconscious but all of his vitals are good. He responded to his daughter & myself last night & we are in continual prayer for his complete recovery & healing. Thank you for your prayers..I will keep everyone updated. God bless Cathie :worried:

keeping you in my prayers, and sending you all some pixy dust :wizard: :wizard:

Steve is stable right now, but still unconscious. We are noticing more responses as we spend time with him & talk to him. Below is a picture of him with myself & Miranda on his 48th Birthday 11-02-05 just 2 weeks ago. He's a great guy & he's been through so much..please continue to pray for him. Thanks & God bless :sad1:

Steve is definately in my prayers!!!!! Thank you for keeping us updated, be sure to let him know we're all sending prayers and pixie dust!! :grouphug:

Prayers for your friend!
Our friend's ten year old son has MD and his prognosis is so poor that it is wonderful to see someone your friends age. Do you know what type of MD he has??
Zachary has the most debillitaing form and has lost all motor funtion in his legs and his upper arm strength is going fast. Such a sad and cruel disease.

Mom to Jordan said:
Prayers for your friend!
Our friend's ten year old son has MD and his prognosis is so poor that it is wonderful to see someone your friends age. Do you know what type of MD he has??
Zachary has the most debillitaing form and has lost all motor funtion in his legs and his upper arm strength is going fast. Such a sad and cruel disease.

Steve has Limb-Girdle MD. It affects young adulthood (he had a normal childhood), usually mid 20's to early 30's. He also has respiratory failure & has been ventilator dependent for the past 20 years. He just celebrated his 48th birthday on Nov.2. You're right it's a sad & cruel disease. I've been his best friend & caretaker for 14 yrs. He uses his vent hose non-invasively & while being cared for by an older gentleman he lost his airhose & we don't know what happened. He's been unconscious for a week..it happened on Nov. 11. He has shown a few responses when we talk to him but we're praying for him to regain consciousness soon. I'll be praying for your friend's son..thanks for the prayers for Steve & keep them coming. God Bless. Cathie

Steve is in my thoughts and prayers as are all of those who love and care for him. What a very sad situation.

Prayers and pixie dust sent to Steve. I have volunteered with MDA for 28 years and have attended 22 camps as a counselor. MD comes in many forms and is very devastating. One of my best friends has SMA. It is very hard to see them go through rough times. Hoping for the best! Positive thinking and prayers can produce miracles! :wave:

We're praying too. God bless Steve and all who care about him.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter