Please pray for my best friend Steve who has muscular dystrophy

Thanks for the update. It's a very hard situation to be in.
I'll be thinking of all the people who love him and hope for the best.

Oh Cathie.....my heart just aches for you and Steve. I agree with letting him have some more time since recovery often isn't "instant". ----Kathy

Hi Everybody, Things are the same with Steve. He' ll be transferred soon from the SCU at the hospital where he is at to a nursing facility that takes ventilator patients (unfortunately there is only one place here in NH & they only have 6 beds available for vent. patients so we are waiting to hear from them) The only other alternative is in Mass, probably Boston, where he would get great care but the family doesn't want to travel to visit him ( it's about 45 miles from here) I don't mind the drive if he's getting good care. I'll be going up to visit him tonight at the hospital after our roads are plowed. We're in the middle of a Nor'Easter, so for those of you in the south , enjoy it, it's miserable up here. Thanks for the continual prayers & good wishes. God bless. Cathie :grouphug:

:grouphug: Cathie.....here's hoping that your visit went well today.
You are often in my prayers. Shirley

Good Morning Everybody, Steve's daughter & I are going to the court this morning to file a response to a petition to remove life support from Steve...this was brought about by Steve's Dad who is an extremely cold & bitter man. Karen, Steve's daughter was promised by the court last week that 30 Days would be allowed to see if there was any change in Steve's condition. The hospital wants him moved out of the SCU & since the only alternative is going to Boston, Steve's father and Steve's son, who are both guardians, don't want to be bothered to drive there. Looks like they are trying to just end things very quickly so they don't have to bother to move him. Please keep Steve & his daughter in your prayers. She was promised time with her dad & they are trying to take it away. Steve had a document that wasn't notorized stating he wanting me to be his power of attorney, so the court has been sending me all of the court hearing papers. Such a sad situation that family members can be so heartless. I'll keep everyone posted . God Bless! Cathie

Sorry to hear the update is not a happy one. Sending best wishes and prayers to at least allow your petition to have a fair hearing.
It is never a happy situation to withdraw ventilator support, but even more so if the family is divided.

Hopefully, the court will overlook the lack of a notary and grant Steve's wishes to have you as the guardian. Prayers for Steve, you, your family, and his family.

Hi Everybody! Being the weekend, nothing has changed but Steve is stable. Hoefully on Monday we will hear something about when he will be transferred to a nursing facility that takes ventilator patients. He looks peaceful & his color is good. They play Christmas music in his room which makes the atmosphere relaxing. I'll keep you posted when I hear anything. Have a good weekend. God bless. Cathie

Cathie- thanks for the updates. Steve is still in my prayers. I certainly hope his wish to have you as his guardian is granted. ---Kathy

Thankd for the update. Does that mean that you and the daughter were successful in court (or maybe don't know yet, but at least feel like you were listened to) or just that the hospital discharge planners were efficient and found him someplace to go?

At any rate, it's a more positive report than the last one and I'll keep him and the people who love him in my prayers.

Hoping that Steve still seems to be peaceful. Maybe
the Christmas music is helping him. Shirley :grouphug:

Prayers for Steve and your whole family. It must be a very difficult time for you and all of his loved ones.

Sincerely, Ray

Thoughts and prayers are with you.

In all the activity of the season and all you are going through with Steve, his family etc, please take a minute to give yourself a hug. Reading through your story I couldn't help but feel that you are a really good person 'one of the good ones' as they say - and I hope you realize that. My experience with people I consider a 'good one' is they often don't think of themselves that way and I think you should know that others see you that way...just a little pick-me-up from some of lifes downs. :grouphug:

Thank you for the words of encouragement! It's been difficult going through this, especially during the holidays. Steve has been a part of my last 14 Christmas celebrations & I really miss him. We're leaving for Florida tomorrow morning to spend Christmas with my sister & her family. Steve was supposed to go with us ( his first flight! ). Well Steve was transferred today to the Health Care facility near the hospital. I'm going to visit him with his daughter in a few minutes. Have a great Christmas everybody..give all of your loved ones a big hug! God bless, Cathie

thanks for the update.
Hope you have a good time on your trip (despite it not being what you had planned).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter