• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Plans for the Big Game this weekend?

Eagles blew it.
The fumble by Hurts really HURTS!

Pun intended!lol

But credit to the Chiefs-they played lights out in the second half.

I do have to say that Travis Kelce is a little over the top for me when interviewed.

It is like he is auditioning for the WWE.

Rihanna is Uber talented and the floating platforms were really cool but was touching herself and her dancers doing pelvic thrusts something that just HAD to be included especially with so many kids watching?

I guess I am just too old fashioned because everyone is just raving about her show.

I do have to say that Travis Kelce is a little over the top for me when interviewed.

Kelce stands out for kinda being the "nope don't care" kind of guy when it comes to interviews, he's well known for his brashness. On the other hand he's also a team kind of guy so he may take the stage a bit but he's also very much about lifting up the other players too.

I know this is not going to be a popular thingFo0gJY3acAAQLgm.jpg to say here, and before I do let me clarify I did not have a horse in this race last night nor do I gamble and had a bet in the Superbowl either. I'll never have my team in the Superbowl. Why? I'm a Browns fan. LOL

But the holding penalty at the end of the game was indeed a holding penalty. We all saw what we wanted to see or what we thought we saw. I and everyone else including the announcers thought it was a bad call because we all focused on the left hand of Bradberry on Smith-Shuster. Bradberry told a Boston Globe reporter, "It was a holding. I tugged on the jersey... They called it. I was hoping they would let it ride. We never had the opportunity to see a different angle on the play from the network. The angle that would have shown us all that while a minor tug, he did have a hold of the jersey. That my friends is a penalty. Bad call... Turns out no. Bad timing... Absolutely.

Yep. Iggles threw it away with poor defense and coaching in the second half.

Kudos to KC on the comeback victory.

Not impressed with Rihanna. It was blah.
I feel sorry for the dancers. "Guess what, everybody?! I'm going to be in the Rihanna Super Bowl half-time show.

Dancer returns from wardrobe fitting. "But nobody's going to be able to tell it's me up there."

I know this is not going to be a popular thingView attachment 739373 to say here, and before I do let me clarify I did not have a horse in this race last night nor do I gamble and had a bet in the Superbowl either. I'll never have my team in the Superbowl. Why? I'm a Browns fan. LOL

But the holding penalty at the end of the game was indeed a holding penalty. We all saw what we wanted to see or what we thought we saw. I and everyone else including the announcers thought it was a bad call because we all focused on the left hand of Bradberry on Smith-Shuster. Bradberry told a Boston Globe reporter, "It was a holding. I tugged on the jersey... They called it. I was hoping they would let it ride. We never had the opportunity to see a different angle on the play from the network. The angle that would have shown us all that while a minor tug, he did have a hold of the jersey. That my friends is a penalty. Bad call... Turns out no. Bad timing... Absolutely.
I wasn't denying it was a penalty, I just think it was "soft". I agree it was the "first" grab.

Where did that image come from however? It had to be from the TV broadcast (because the blue line is put in electronically to show the line of scrimmage). And, that would mean the hold was BEHIND the line of scrimmage (possible, but seems strange to me that a DB would cross the line).

Oh, and for a game of this magnitude, why were so many players slipping on the turf? I think the announcers said something about KC complaining after week 1 (or maybe pre-season), and it was a "new type" of grass. If that's the case, send it back to the drawing board, it's not ready for prime time.

Great night here in KC! I had planned to drive down to the Liberty Memorial and photograph fireworks over the lit up skyline if we had a comfortable lead going into the 4th quarter. I knew all along that probably wouldn't be the case, lol. Still would have loved to get that shot. I'll have to settle for my shot of the skyline in early 2020.

IMG_1028.jpg

The fumble by Hurts really HURTS!

Pun intended!lol

But credit to the Chiefs-they played lights out in the second half.

Rihanna is Uber talented and the floating platforms were really cool but was touching herself and her dancers doing pelvic thrusts something that just HAD to be included especially with so many kids watching?

I guess I am just too old fashioned because everyone is just raving about her show.
You are not old-fashioned you just have class. She obviously does not.

I know this is not going to be a popular thingView attachment 739373 to say here, and before I do let me clarify I did not have a horse in this race last night nor do I gamble and had a bet in the Superbowl either. I'll never have my team in the Superbowl. Why? I'm a Browns fan. LOL

I think most people agree that it is holding. Similar and even worse holds were not called several times throughout the game, then all of a sudden they wanted to call it at that specific moment when the ball was likely uncatchable anyway. That's the issue most have. It is also a soft call. Officiating 101 for all sports, just because something is a penalty, doesn't meant it needs to be called every single time.

Last edited:
I think most people agree that it is holding. Similar and even worse holds were not called several times throughout the game, then all of a sudden they wanted to call it at that specific moment. That's the issue most have. It is also a soft call. Officiating 101 for all sports, just because something is a penalty, doesn't meant it needs to be called every single time.
There were several calls on both sides throughout the night that were questionable including ruling an incomplete pass which would have resulted in a touchdown for the Chiefs had it not been ruled incomplete.

My husband called it when it was apparent they held off on getting the touchdown and instead try for the field goal...if we won all people would be talking about is that holding call but completely forgetting the other 🤔 moments of the night and yup people have not disappointed on that front...

I feel sorry for the dancers. "Guess what, everybody?! I'm going to be in the Rihanna Super Bowl half-time show.

Dancer returns from wardrobe fitting. "But nobody's going to be able to tell it's me up there."
Our DISer group was talking about this. This was a halftime performance meant for tv viewers rather than stadium audience because they were so high up in the air as well as the up and down the platforms went, tv viewers could get the full effect with the multi-camera angles. I thought she did well for the performance but can understand how people maybe felt it was lackluster than compared to some performances of years past, I mean there have been some big audience participation ones so I get it.

I think most people agree that it is holding. Similar and even worse holds were not called several times throughout the game, then all of a sudden they wanted to call it at that specific moment when the ball was likely uncatchable anyway. That's the issue most have. It is also a soft call. Officiating 101 for all sports, just because something is a penalty, doesn't meant it needs to be called every single time.
I was unhappy with the officiating in the Chiefs/Bengals game. That game also was decided by a penalty at the end that ended the game with a field goal. It's not the way you want to see a game end.

I was unhappy with the officiating in the Chiefs/Bengals game. That game also was decided by a penalty at the end that ended the game with a field goal. It's not the way you want to see a game end.
Yea that one was a tough call too.

Yea that one was a tough call too.
It seems like most NFL games these days are decided at the end of the 4th quarter. It's kind of imperative that we have fair officiating. I've watched many NFL games over the last few years where I can't help, but think there was some bias in officiating.
I'm not a fan of any team I just like football.

It seems like most NFL games these days are decided at the end of the 4th quarter. It's kind of imperative that we have fair officiating. I've watched many NFL games over the last few years where I can't help, but think there was some bias in officiating.
I'm not a fan of any team I just like football.
Yea, people just want some semblance of consistency. Seems like that has been too much to ask for lately.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter