Plans for the Big Game this weekend?

Not a fan of either team in this years game. My family plans to come over, but my DD invited a few friends, extended family... now we have quite the group heading over. Should be fun. I always enjoy the commercials and heckling the half time disaster.

I have never understood why they schedule Sunday sports events that begin late in the day. It would seem like a Saturday event would be better, not only for the people watching from home who have to work on Monday, but also for the people traveling to watch in person, who could fly in late Friday/early Saturday and then go home Sunday and be rested to work Monday. It especially makes sense when the event begins at 6:00 pm or later and is held on the west coast.
During the regular season it's because college football is on Saturdays. I do think moving the SB to Saturday would be a good idea, especially with the week off between the conf. championships and SB.

The game would be kicking off at 6:30 regardless of where it's played. The covering network wants all day to sell advertising.

Not a fan of either team, really, but our relatives are all HUGE KS Chief's fans. So of course I'm rooting for the Eagles!

I don't really care for the KS Chief's QB or his wife and mom, so definitely keeping my fingers crossed for the other team.

Not me personally, but DH and a friend are going. Tickets lower level section 105, row 22, around the 10 yard line. Round trip air, bus to/from stadium, “Official T-shirt and Game Program,” and $25 food/beverage credit. (Hot dog and 2 sips of beer, no doubt.)

$6995 each
How fun. I live 10 minutes from the game, but way to much money for me. That’s like an adventures by Disney trip. Even the parties around the game were insane prices. Then I thought maybe we’ll just walk around Westgate before the game. 120 just for parking. So maybe not. I’m probably safer watching from home. Weather is great here. People are going to be in full on party mode. I hope they behave.

I am a huge Philadelphia Eagles fan. I have spent my entire life living just outside of Philadelphia, so I have always been and Eagles fan. They have had a great year. The best in franchise history actually, so I am hopeful they are going to cap with their second Super Bowl Championship.

I will just be having a small get together with my immediate family and a couple of friends. All of them pulling for the Eagles or they will not be allowed. We will be having mostly appetizer type foods (cheese steak eggrolls, mozz sticks, wings, bacon wrapped asparagus, chips, chips and salsa, etc.) We will also being having some cocktails. Myself I will be having some old fashioneds and Yeunglings.

The one promise I made, is that I will not cry when they win. Last time was the first SB win in my, at the time 49 years, so it was kind of emotional.

E.A.G.L.E.S Eagles!!!!!!! Lets Go Birds!!!!!!!!
I‘M GOING TO DISNEY WORLD!!

Not a fan of either team, really, but our relatives are all HUGE KS Chief's fans. So of course I'm rooting for the Eagles!

I don't really care for the KS Chief's QB or his wife and mom, so definitely keeping my fingers crossed for the other team.
Ha Ha. I have relatives that are insufferable chiefs fans so I kind of feel like rooting for the Eagles.What’s wrong with us? LOl

Last edited:
We're having BBQ sandwiches (making) & Philly Cheese Steak Egg Rolls (takeout). I'm trying to come up with a dessert that represents one of the cities that we can buy. I definitely don't want to make one. Other than that, I'm drawing a blank. Any suggestions for sides to serve with the mains?
Haha, these just popped up on FB for me and it made me think of your post
FB_IMG_1676186677742.jpg

At that price you can't afford not to go!;)
As of this morning, the cheapest seat I’m seeing is about $2800. Most are above $3000. I didn’t check for highest prices. Looks like a thousand or more seats are still available on the various secondary markets.

We're having BBQ sandwiches (making) & Philly Cheese Steak Egg Rolls (takeout). I'm trying to come up with a dessert that represents one of the cities that we can buy. I definitely don't want to make one. Other than that, I'm drawing a blank. Any suggestions for sides to serve with the mains?

Tastycakes for the win. An absolute Philly staple dessert.

For sides, roasted Italian veg or sauteeed onions and peppers would both meet a Philly spread with your planned food...

330235266_2413978905424324_8450811961426151392_n.jpg
We made our cheesesteaks for lunch. Going to do leftovers for dinner. Believe it or not, there were no jars of Cheez Wiz at the Winn Dixie, Publix or Target by my house; I was at Publix and Target yesterday, and WD yesterday and today (DS works there, so easy to check when I give him a ride or pick him up). I ended up getting some spreadable smoked cheddar cheese to substitute. Bell Peppers, onions, and I added some Taco Bell Chipotle sauce, which made them amazing. (That's a yellow plate under it, lol, not a pile of cheese, as my daughters thought. You can see some of the Chipotle sauce but none of the cheese....it all went out the other side!

Haha, these just popped up on FB for me and it made me think of your post
View attachment 739188
What's the story behind those?
Tastycakes for the win. An absolute Philly staple dessert.

For sides, roasted Italian veg or sauteeed onions and peppers would both meet a Philly spread with your planned food...
Thanks for the suggestions. Are you referring to the prepackaged Tastykakes?

I'd love to have a good cheesecake, but you're right.... I don't want to make one. I didn't even think to look for one premade though. Tastykakes sound nice & easy. I may send DH in search of both. :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter