Pixar Pier Premiere Special Event at Disney California Adventure Park on June 22

Hey, didn't tickets go on sale today? Is it sold out yet? Is everybody on hold making sure they get theirs? ;)

Call me crazy but just purchased 4 tickets for this for me, my DW and 2 DD including one who is obsessed with Jack-Jack. We are coming from the east coast and doing the ABD Backstage Magic which ends that morning and we are flying out on the 23rd. Once we found out ABD said they had no plans for access we figured this was the only way to see it versus paying for a return trip. Hope the $1196 I paid is worth it

I think once you’ve bought an ABD for four what’s $1200 more? :rotfl:I’m sure it will be blast ( just no way I’m buying it for my group of 8). We fly out the 23rd too but not til 4 pm so we will try it in the morning.

I think once you’ve bought an ABD for four what’s $1200 more? :rotfl:I’m sure it will be blast ( just no way I’m buying it for my group of 8). We fly out the 23rd too but not til 4 pm so we will try it in the morning.
That was my thought too. An extra night, 4 Park tickets and losing the free LAC transportation would cost that

Enjoy the ABD, they do a great job. I keep wanting to do one, if for nothing else, seeing Soarin' how they get to...!!

Call me crazy but just purchased 4 tickets for this for me, my DW and 2 DD including one who is obsessed with Jack-Jack. We are coming from the east coast and doing the ABD Backstage Magic which ends that morning and we are flying out on the 23rd. Once we found out ABD said they had no plans for access we figured this was the only way to see it versus paying for a return trip. Hope the $1196 I paid is worth it
The event itself sounds fun, just pricey! But I'm sure you will have loads of fun!

It's unclear to me whether Toy Story Mania will be closed to regular day guests during the event. The published announcement is ambiguous. I can see it being closed beginning at 3:00, but that's not exactly fair to regular day guests. I also can see it being exclusive to event holders during the 6 hour window. Interested if anyone has insight.

I think you made a good decision since you are not normally here. I believe it will be a nice addition to your ABD tour. Enjoy!

We splurged and bought tickets too, so we may be crazy as well. This is our first, and possibly only trip (we normally go to WDW since we are in Louisiana). We fly out the 24th and the more We thought about it the more we didn’t want to spend our last day fighting lines for Pixar pier. Plus we never do these fancy events!

Oh man, I wish we could do this! We're there at that time. What rides are actually included, other than the Incredicoaster? I've never been to DCA so I don't know what else has been closed. Will the ride lines be long? Anyone know how many event tickets are being sold? And with the food vouchers, how does that work? Each person gets a voucher for each of the food places listed, and it can be used for anything on their menus? Are they all snack type places? So for a meal, we'll still have to pay on top of that for dinner?

It's unclear to me whether Toy Story Mania will be closed to regular day guests during the event. The published announcement is ambiguous. I can see it being closed beginning at 3:00, but that's not exactly fair to regular day guests. I also can see it being exclusive to event holders during the 6 hour window. Interested if anyone has insight.
It will be within the closed off area. I expect the ropes to be up at the bottom of the bridge and over by Silly Symphony swings. The whole pier will be blocked off for the event. There is no way to allow non-event guests to access TSM but not see the rest of the new areas.

As for what rides will be open, should be the Incredicoaster, Pal Around, and TSM. No mention has been made of Jessie's Critter being open.

As for food, you will have vouchers for the various snacks (which hopefully does better than the Guardians event did.) They have said the upper area of Lamplighter Lounge will also be open if you want to buy food.

It will be within the closed off area. I expect the ropes to be up at the bottom of the bridge and over by Silly Symphony swings. The whole pier will be blocked off for the event. There is no way to allow non-event guests to access TSM but not see the rest of the new areas.

As for what rides will be open, should be the Incredicoaster, Pal Around, and TSM. No mention has been made of Jessie's Critter being open.

As for food, you will have vouchers for the various snacks (which hopefully does better than the Guardians event did.) They have said the upper area of Lamplighter Lounge will also be open if you want to buy food.
The carousel is going to reopen in 2019 with phase 2 of the project.

Do you think it includes seating/viewing for World of Color? I'm trying to justify it to myself considering it could be our only day to see Pixar Pier (We fly back to New Zealand the following day).

Do you think it includes seating/viewing for World of Color? I'm trying to justify it to myself considering it could be our only day to see Pixar Pier (We fly back to New Zealand the following day).

It does not. It specifically says the pier will close at 9pm to get ready for woc. We actually have a woc dessert party booked that evening also.

It does not. It specifically says the pier will close at 9pm to get ready for woc. We actually have a woc dessert party booked that evening also.

Thanks, Skuttle. I think we might do that as well. I was thinking between the dessert party of the Dinner Package. Any thoughts on the best viewing location of the 2? It'll be my wifes first time seeing WOC so want to make it a good one :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter