Pixar Pier Premiere Special Event at Disney California Adventure Park on June 22

Dear lord that is a lot of money. Pixar Pier opening is exciting and everything, but I wouldn't pay that in a million years!

Yikes! That's even more than I thought it would be! I figured somewhere in the $175 to $200 range; so more than GotG, but not double! I'm not quite to the point where I think they'll go with a $1K for a Star Wars pre-opening event...I was actually thinking they might do multiple pre-opening parties with tickets in the $500 range depending on the offerings.

That event was only 2/3 hours long. This is 6 hours.
Guardians was 6 hours too: 7pm-1am and included a $15 voucher for food (basically a dish plus drink). There was also some fun swag: tote bag, good quality ball cap, pin, comic.

Weren't the guests allowed in early to ride other DCA rides like the Halloween parties?
The Guardians party ticket gave you access to DCA around 6 (Hollywoodland at 7), and in theory you could go on other rides, but park closed around 8 or 9. But i don’t think many people left the Hollywoodland area. You had access to Guardians and Monsters inc until either midnight or 1am.

If this is worth $299, SWL has to be worth at least a grand.
That is what terrifies me! $300 for Pixar Pier, SWGE is going to be insane!

It won't be walk on. The Guardians event, the lines ended up being about an hour. And the food lines were really long. So $299 isn't going to guarantee short lines.
Only the first time thru had a really long line. After that the lines reduced in length significantly, sometimes walk right into pre-show, other times maybe one turn in the garden area. But never more than 20 minutes. I rode it 10 times that night!

I had a lot of fun at Guardians but would never bother with this Pixar Pier event. Ridiculously overpriced and not worth it at all!

Only the first time thru had a really long line. After that the lines reduced in length significantly, sometimes walk right into pre-show, other times maybe one turn in the garden area. But never more than 20 minutes. I rode it 10 times that night!

I had a lot of fun at Guardians but would never bother with this Pixar Pier event. Ridiculously overpriced and not worth it at all!

Were the food lines long? We are considering doing this as a splurge since this is our first and possibly only trip. And we leave on the 24th. We were going to brave opening day on the 23rd but are now considering this.

Were the food lines long? We are considering doing this as a splurge since this is our first and possibly only trip. And we leave on the 24th. We were going to brave opening day on the 23rd but are now considering this.
At times, yes they were. I waited at the food truck and it was looking like a 30 minute wait since they have to prepare things fresh, so I gave up. When I went back later it wasn’t too bad.

For Pixar Pier, I would think the lines may be ok. At least the food items aren’t as time consuming to prepare, and there will be more variety to spread people out among.

I’m sure it will be fun for people participating in it. I don’t know about $300 worth of fun, but to each their own!

At times, yes they were. I waited at the food truck and it was looking like a 30 minute wait since they have to prepare things fresh, so I gave up. When I went back later it wasn’t too bad.

For Pixar Pier, I would think the lines may be ok. At least the food items aren’t as time consuming to prepare, and there will be more variety to spread people out among.

I’m sure it will be fun for people participating in it. I don’t know about $300 worth of fun, but to each their own!

Thanks! When I saw the price I thought, no way is that worth it. But DH wants to do it.

Well that’s disappointing to read. Were you at the guardians event?
Yes, we really enjoyed it.
18814714_10213286505460725_565063273651506260_o.jpg

18738620_10158829322135602_1942557486069701638_o.jpg

The Guardians party ticket gave you access to DCA around 6 (Hollywoodland at 7), and in theory you could go on other rides, but park closed around 8 or 9. But i don’t think many people left the Hollywoodland area. You had access to Guardians and Monsters inc until either midnight or 1am.
You could also ride Soarin' until 1am. I don't think they did a great job letting people know as people weren't headed that way.

This was my biggest complaint, the lines at the food area. I ended up using my last voucher buying waters at the one booth that didn't have a line (there were 4 of us, lines were too long to get most of the food.)

Guardians was 6 hours too: 7pm-1am and included a $15 voucher for food (basically a dish plus drink). There was also some fun swag: tote bag, good quality ball cap, pin, comic.

I think there will be a decent swag bag from this also.

At the Pixar event, it will have a free food item at 5 locations.

If I remember correctly, you had to line up outside to enter at 6pm, and the line snaked thru the Esplanade, so I don't think the tickets will allow you to enter prior to the 3pm start.

I find it interesting that the "Cove Bar" will be open, and I hope people don't spend $300 to sit at the bar!!

Last edited:
That's a lot of money for some re-theming. There's nothing truly new, right? I would have considered $99-$125 for this event. As others have said, it makes me wonder what the price for SW:GE will be. $1000? $5000?

I think there will be a decent swag bag from this also.

At the Pixar event, it will have a free food item at 5 locations.

If I remember correctly, you had to line up outside to enter at 6pm, and the line snaked thru the Esplanade, so I don't think the tickets will allow you to enter prior to the 3pm start.

I find it interesting that the "Cove Bar" will be open, and I hope people don't spend $300 to sit at the bar!!
Yeah, definitely a swag bag would be expected!

Before the event they had 2 lines, one in the esplanade for people who weren’t in the park and another by the Disney Junior theatre for people who were inside. Once you checked-in, then you either entered the park or made your way into Hollywoodland where they had tape lines on the ground. Club 33 members got VIP passes so they got in an hour earlier than everyone else.

At 7, they led everyone in an orderly line to the ride. I know the merchandise line was very long very early! After most people rode once then they went to get merch/food/meet and greets/go to the panel with Joe Rhode and others. It would be interesting to see with the PP event and 3 rides if they will have many more tickets.

That's a lot of money for some re-theming. There's nothing truly new, right? I would have considered $99-$125 for this event. As others have said, it makes me wonder what the price for SW:GE will be. $1000? $5000?
Strictly speaking GotG was also a re-theming; granted, of just one ride versus a whole area (a whole area that won't QUITE be ready). But the GotG re-theming is pretty epic. I doubt very much that this one will be quite as much. $299 is a ridiculous price to charge.

There are an awful lot of Imagineers in that photo, Malcon10t!
Yes! My granddaughter (6 then) wanted to know why I wanted her to take a pic with a bunch of "old guys". I told her she would understand better in another 5-10 years. But it came in handy when we did our trip to WDW at Christmas. After she rode Everest, I brought the pic back up and showed her the guy she was sitting behind was the guy who "dreamed it all up".. Then she was like WOW!

Yes! My granddaughter (6 then) wanted to know why I wanted her to take a pic with a bunch of "old guys"...

LOL! That explains the less than thrilled look on her face!
Add me to the would-love-to-but list. Even the food vouchers would go to waste here (DH might use some, but not all of them twice) because of my allergies. Oh well. We'll just see everything the next day with everyone else!

I say do it since you are going to be there anyway. The special events I have been to have had very long lines at the beginning of the event. Food items run out way before you think they will. I don't like the idea of paying to wait in line for a snack, but I seem to be in the minority based on how long the lines are. Overall, I have been satisfied with paying for the special events and would probably pay for this one if I like roller coasters. There's nothing being offered for this that I feel like I want to go see and I won't be in the area, so it would involve me scheduling a visit, which I don't want to do for this.

I've never felt the need to be first thank goodness. These prices are insane!
Me either. It's not even worth it to me when it's "free" since I don't like to fight the crowds. We purposely rescheduled our June 2010 trip when we found out World of Color was opening during our trip. To MISS it. LOL. And that was "free".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter