Pixar Fest & Other Souvies (4/22/18 Update)

Does anyone know if the alien cups are readily available? Or are they sold out as well? And where do they sell them?

Heading down today and my friend wants me to get her one.
I saw them in the Knick knack shop but I believe that they are in other stores as well.

Does anyone know if the alien cups are readily available? Or are they sold out as well? And where do they sell them?
The Alien cups are sold in the stores where Pixar Fest merchandise is sold. I recall seeing them at the Little Green Men Command Store earlier this week (that's where I got mine), but I don't know for sure if they still have them. The next most likely location is Knick Knacks in DCA, but I honestly don't recall seeing them there last night.[/QUOTE]

The Green Alien AP popcorn buckets went on sale this morning. The lines are long, but the bucket is really cute!
IMG_20180424_114727_zpsufalapai.jpg

It looks like the same one from Tokyo Disneyland. They have been sharing buckets across the parks, just saw the Darth Vader and Lightning McQueen buckets over there.

Another guest in the park was carrying one of the Alien buckets from Tokyo in the parks on Monday and without a side-by-side comparison I can't say for sure, but I think the one on Tuesday looked the same overall. The main difference is that the one from DLR has the AP logo on the back.

The Sully ones are like the Oogie Boogie ones were: insanely popular. And will be restocked I'm sure. Who knows about the alien buckets :(

They definitely are! When I was there for the very first days of Pixar Fest it seemed like everybody was carrying one.

No alien buckets at all today, and if anyone was curious about the alien cups they are currently out of those as well.

Any word on when the buckets might be back? (Argh! Can't believe we're going through this AGAIN...)
A CM told me out for a couple weeks. Someone else said indefinitely. I would go with a couple weeks as they've restocked popular items in the past. We won't be back until June though. Unlike Oogie Boogie, I did not see everyone carrying these buckets around. I saw some, but not nearly enough for how fast they sold out .

A CM told me out for a couple weeks. Someone else said indefinitely. I would go with a couple weeks as they've restocked popular items in the past. We won't be back until June though. Unlike Oogie Boogie, I did not see everyone carrying these buckets around. I saw some, but not nearly enough for how fast they sold out .

There appears to be about a billion of them on eBay for sale by people looking to make a quick buck...

We saw a lot of guests wearing the Alien bucket on Tuesday and then fewer (but still noticeable) on Wednesday, but once they were sold out, the number of guests with them dropped significantly. I agree, it's sad to see so many of them on eBay and other resale locations. I wish they would make things like this "1 per AP" and not "1 per AP, per transaction"...that would help with the supply and cut down on the re-sellers. On the flip side, it was fun on Tuesday to see all of the guests that were dressed up in Alien clothing (everything from t-shirts, to leggings, to dresses) and accessories (hair bands, bags, purses, jewelry) to match their popcorn buckets.

It looks like the same one from Tokyo Disneyland. They have been sharing buckets across the parks, just saw the Darth Vader and Lightning McQueen buckets over there.
Visited last month:
Every popcorn stand in Tokyo Disney seemed to have a special popcorn bucket, along with many unique flavors (curry, honey, blueberry...). Every stand had long lines (50 to 100 guests), very orderly with few ropes or tape on the ground to guide the lines.

Visited last month:
Every popcorn stand in Tokyo Disney seemed to have a special popcorn bucket, along with many unique flavors (curry, honey, blueberry...). Every stand had long lines (50 to 100 guests), very orderly with few ropes or tape on the ground to guide the lines.

Blueberry was my favorite. Garlic shrimp was ... interesting. We waited for approximately 30 minutes for the 35th Anniversary Mickey bucket.

Any word on when the buckets might be back? (Argh! Can't believe we're going through this AGAIN...)
At this point, it sounds like different CMs will say different expected return dates for any of the items. We heard anything from next week to mid-May...at least the CMs seem to think that more will be coming, but there is no firm restock date.

At this point, it sounds like different CMs will say different expected return dates for any of the items...

Oh, my, yes. When asked about the Coco Jarritos, the CMs in DCA said that they expect the new shipment to come in... (wait for it...) September. But, isn't that sort of a very long time to wait for a resupply?? Well, yes. Doesn't Pixar Fest end in early September?? Well, yes. So... after much debate, the CMs decided that MAYBE the new shipment could arrive in May. Isn't there a big difference between May and September?? Well, yes. Okay then, at least we agree on something. :)

Oh, my, yes. When asked about the Coco Jarritos, the CMs in DCA said that they expect the new shipment to come in... (wait for it...) September. But, isn't that sort of a very long time to wait for a resupply?? Well, yes. Doesn't Pixar Fest end in early September?? Well, yes. So... after much debate, the CMs decided that MAYBE the new shipment could arrive in May. Isn't there a big difference between May and September?? Well, yes. Okay then, at least we agree on something. :)

I dunno... I was helping my mom grade papers one time and one kid decided it was October instead of April (wrote "10" instead of "4"). Maybe May really is September!

The only reason I could think of September for the Coco Jarittos is that they're thinking they'll get more in for the Día de Muertos part of HalloweenTime.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter