Pixar Fest & Other Souvies (4/22/18 Update)

They still have the Alien popcorn buckets today and the lines are much shorter (they are still longer than normal, but not like yesterday).

Still no sign of the Sully popcorn buckets.

Are the Coco jarritos only at Cocina Cucamonga or are they (at least when they are not sold out) available in other places?

An update about the Alien Popcorn buckets...some of the stands have sold out (Frontierland, Town Square, BVS, Soarin'). The hub was out, but then got some more a bit later. At this point, I don't know if that means stock is running low or if they're rationing out supplies. If it's the latter, then I would get the bucket as soon as you see it instead of waiting until later in the day.

When the CMs were restocking the carts, the boxes had a label on the side that said "box ### of 1672" (where ### was a number). Each box hold 12 buckets, meaning a run size of a bit more than 20,000. I don't know if that all they'll get or if they got them already, but that's a lot of buckets, but not that many compared to the number of AP Holders.

When the CMs were restocking the carts, the boxes had a label on the side that said "box ### of 1672" (where ### was a number). Each box hold 12 buckets, meaning a run size of a bit more than 20,000. I don't know if that all they'll get or if they got them already, but that's a lot of buckets, but not that many compared to the number of AP Holders.

And especially compared to the number of non APs I see requesting an AP to get them one on a foodie group a friend added me to. I've just kept my mouth shut, but I really want to tell them that while I get it's a collectible they want, it's also the only way for actual APs to get their $1 refill popcorn promo deal.

I really hope it's that they're rationing them out. And that there even might be another order if they realize they're moving too fast. I remember the first promo bucket sold out fast and they kept saying they were out (like officially on the website page about the deal), but then more would show up.

I just have a couple weeks to go :(. Hang in there, buckets! I want popcorn!

I hope I can get a bucket tomorrow. We want to be able to refill the bucket when we visit in June. They won't be for sale in June only refills.

An update about the Alien Popcorn buckets...some of the stands have sold out (Frontierland, Town Square, BVS, Soarin'). The hub was out, but then got some more a bit later. At this point, I don't know if that means stock is running low or if they're rationing out supplies. If it's the latter, then I would get the bucket as soon as you see it instead of waiting until later in the day.

Did they have them in Tomorrowland or near the Haunted Mansion?

I wish they hadn't done a cool bucket but just another regular bucket. Now they're a hot item.

I wish they hadn't done a cool bucket but just another regular bucket. Now they're a hot item.

Omg this. I was worried when I saw the design earlier this month that this would happen.

I find it difficult to believe Disney didn't know the crazy this would create. Maybe it's all a secret ploy to entice more people to become APs because look! We got an exclusive bucket with a spiffy refill option! But gotta be an AP! Go upgrade that ticket you an AP. Quickly now. Hop to it.

Main Street cart was open at 9 but didn't have the buckets. I asked the guy filling the soda at the cart near Haunted Mansion abd he said they wouldn't have them today. This is pretty ridiculous. They've only been on sale a couple of days. I will go to Town Hall and voice my disappointment later. My kids are already begging for popcorn.

Main Street cart was open at 9 but didn't have the buckets. I asked the guy filling the soda at the cart near Haunted Mansion abd he said they wouldn't have them today. This is pretty ridiculous. They've only been on sale a couple of days. I will go to Town Hall and voice my disappointment later. My kids are already begging for popcorn.

I'll be curious what answer you get in response.

EDIT:
Supposedly (reading from some comments on the AP Facebook page) it has been "one bucket per passholder", but the catch being also "per transaction" so people keep getting back in line to buy more. This sort of stuff I really wish they'd limit to one per pass total :(. Like those buttons that we could only get one per pass the whole promotional period (and then they'd often have extra the next week when the next button came out).

Last edited:
Hmmm... had no idea it was an AP thing. When we were there last week there were huge lines for the Sully Buckets. I was truly a little surprised that people wanted popcorn that badly.
I did buy a teacup travel mug. Kinda wish I’d seen the Pixar one at DCA!
Does anyone have a photo so I can seriously regret :)

Hmmm... had no idea it was an AP thing. When we were there last week there were huge lines for the Sully Buckets. I was truly a little surprised that people wanted popcorn that badly.
I did buy a teacup travel mug. Kinda wish I’d seen the Pixar one at DCA!
Does anyone have a photo so I can seriously regret :)

Only the alien buckets are AP only. They're also the only way to get $1 popcorn refills for APs during their promo period. So there's that adding to the allure for passholders lol

The Sully ones are like the Oogie Boogie ones were: insanely popular. And will be restocked I'm sure. Who knows about the alien buckets :(

They are selling for as much as $75 on ebay. They sold out today. I saw one person with 4 of them.

As terrible as some may conceive this practice, it's a genius way of subsidizing some of the cost of your AP (and then some if you're that dedicated).

As terrible as some may conceive this practice, it's a genius way of subsidizing some of the cost of your AP (and then some if you're that dedicated).
I disagree. Part of having an AP is perks. If people sell tge perks to others then it is not much of a perk for APs. Especially when it causes others to not get them who should be allowed .

I was told in Tomorrowland they're out for a few weeks.

It's also a good way to get your AP revoked if you're caught reselling as it violates the terms of the AP contract.

It's also a good way to get your AP revoked if you're caught reselling as it violates the terms of the AP contract.

Some people like to live on the edge I suppose. Risk vs. reward and all that.

I mean, it's clearly happening every time a hot item crops up.

Does anyone know if the alien cups are readily available? Or are they sold out as well? And where do they sell them?

Heading down today and my friend wants me to get her one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter