• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Photopass poses - The cheesier the better!

since you asked for it....this shot is almost 3 years old....but it is a gingerbread of the Hard Rock Hotel at Universal.

712DSCF0163-med.JPG

That's cool! We don't have a Hard Rock Hotel out here in L.A. - just the restaurant.:mad: Otherwise, I would be going over there to check out their gingerbread display! I have always loved looking at gingerbread houses, and especially the ones that are really detailed or ornate - like mini villages, almost!

I think some of the holiday displays in the WDW hotels might feature a mix of edible ingredients - probably some marzipan and candied fruits along with gingerbread too? I am just guessing based on what many of them looked like in the shows I saw. Also, they use that super hard sugar that DLR uses to make the Mickey Pumpkins stuck in the muffins, and the sail on the Flying Dutchman at the BB. Now, that may technically be edible because it is made from food products, but I bet those displays are not very tasty once they are all put together!

I will be in WDW 12/10 - 12/15 , I will make it a point to take great pictures of all the food in resort displays!

I will be in WDW 12/10 - 12/15 , I will make it a point to take great pictures of all the food in resort displays!

Oh goody! Yay!:banana: Thanks, Judy!:cool1: The Travel Channel/Food Network shows that I saw only seemed to feature maybe three or four of the displays, but said they were in every WDW hotel, so I can't wait to see what they all look like since it appears we are not getting any of those at DLR any time soon! Darn it! Thanks again!

Well, I guess I will post a couple more photos just to keep this thread alive until someone else can post some!

Here we are in Candy Corn Acres with Heimlich, who seems to have taken a bite out of the prize-winning confection. Now you see him...
image031.jpg

And now you don't!
image035.jpg

And a non-silly picture. We had to rush during this session, though, because there was a snarky girl and her large group next to us who insisted on getting in our way and taking hundreds of pictures when they knew we were waiting.
image078.jpg

Well, my pix are still being 'fixed' but I think we do have a couple of 'cheesy' one's. Will just have to wait a couple of more weeks until I can add to this thread!

I'm enjoying everyone's pix, and have made notes for our next adventure on how to pose...we're always looking for fun poses and not just the stand there and smile...

Keep 'em coming!

the best thing about photpass...fun family shots, relax and go with it, make it a game, be shameless photo hounds ;)

712image127-med.jpg

I like the PhotoPass photographers because they can get my friends to pose in goofy ways and act silly, whereas if I asked them to do wacky stuff in photos, they would toss me over a railing somewhere! For some reason, when it is a CM requesting that they "look scared" or "pretend you are sleeping," they will oblige. I would just be met with eye-rolling and loud protests and snarls of disgust! So if the Disney folks can help bring out the fun in people and get them to 'play' a little, then I am all for it!!!!:cool1: There is no sense in going to DLR if you can't let the inner child out to play for a while!:goodvibes

Here we are with Tigger this past April.

image0031-1.jpg

DD w/Jasmine 4/08

image0059.jpg

9/07 Pluto borrowed DD's sunglasses ~ she needed them it was a sunny day.

DisneylandCLPluto.jpg

Those are great, DisneyMomma81! How cute the kids are! And I love Pluto with the sunglasses on! But the really precious picture is the one of Jasmine with DD! Adorable!

Is that you standing on Tigger's left side? You look very much like the actress Lesley Ann Warren, who is beautiful (she is older now, but still attractive)!

DisneyMomma81! I love the one with Jasmine! So cute!

Sherry, BTW, I love your sunglasses!! Cuuute! I love big sunglasses!

DisneyMomma81! I love the one with Jasmine! So cute!

Sherry, BTW, I love your sunglasses!! Cuuute! I love big sunglasses!

Hee hee. Thanks! I always get giant, dark sunglasses! These in the photos are actually kind of new, and even larger than the ones I used to wear! I get sunburnt really fast - like in five minutes, on an overcast day, I start to burn. So I always get the darkest lenses/glasses I can find - and they are prescription, because I am blind as a bat otherwise - to protect my eyes, and then I get really giant lenses/frames to cover as much of my face as possible! Pretty soon, I will be able to find glasses that stretch down to my chin, and my face will be one big, dark lens!

Those are great, DisneyMomma81! How cute the kids are! And I love Pluto with the sunglasses on! But the really precious picture is the one of Jasmine with DD! Adorable!

Is that you standing on Tigger's left side? You look very much like the actress Lesley Ann Warren, who is beautiful (she is older now, but still attractive)!

Yes I'm on Tigger's left side. I had to google Ms. Warren but I recognize her.

she was cinderella in the rogers and hammerstien movie!

You're right! I had forgotten all about that role, but now that you mention it, she sure was in that movie! She has been in a bunch of movies in the last few decades and most people recognize her face, but I know there have been one or two movies that Lesley Ann Warren was in that are more well-known to a broader audience - and, of course, not one single title comes to mind at the moment!!!

One thing I DO know about her is that she was one of the many girlfriends of Scott Baio long ago! That doesn't seem to be a very exclusive club, though!:rotfl:

Kelly, when was that trip where the price at the parks was so much different than online?

If you're talking DLR, read on. :)

It was likely last year, or at the very beginning of this year, yes? Since January they have been changing their prices and messing with the value of the whole thing, and it's all totally different at DLR than it was last year.

Last year there was the unenhanced CD you got at the parks for cheapie, and then there was the more expensive, enhance-able CD you could get online. Then they started moving the prices around, and I found that the price online and at the parks was the same, but they bumped up the relative value of the one at the parks by throwing in a few 5x7s (which could be enhanced, unlike the other pix on your CD). So now it's all at the 59 price point, but the one at the parks still has a couple photo prints.

When I ordered my CD last December online I still could have ordered things from online. And I'm certain you could order any cards while in the park and still order the CD online when you get home. They want you to buy buy buy, and the pix don't expire when you get the CD, they expire with time. And actually if you ordered cards online, it would then extend the time you have to enhance pix for the CD, which could then be ordered a little later.

Of course now that I've said all that, the photopass gods will hear and will change things around again. That's what they did when I was all Definitive-Girl about photopass last December and early January! Messed me up and the Dis didn't have the "find all posts by username" then so I couldn't go find all of my posts where I gave old information (definitively) so it messed up other people, too! :headache:

These aren't cheesy, but I like 'em b/c it shows what you can do with photopass. Forgive me if I stray from the intent, but the more photopass pix the better, right?

Plain pic:

ry%3D400

With signature added (for newbies, the appropriate signature choice will pop up automatically while editing, if you've had the pix taken in an official character photo area):

ry%3D400

Plain:

ry%3D400

Signature!

ry%3D400

There's some rumor or information that Jack Sparrow won't be around much longer, but just in case that's an awful awful and wrong rumor, this is what happened automatically when a photopass photog took a Jack picture. You can't take the borders off, which is aggravating, though it is a very cool border. Just not on 30+ pictures (our photogs snapped a million shots of E with Jack, but most of them have ME in them in the background, not realizing I was in the pix, and I look MOST icky! must get photoshop to paint myself out of them!)...

ry%3D400

There will be more....

I was wondering when you were going to finally join us on the PhotoPass Poses thread, Bumbershoot!!! We have all been posting our photos, and you hadn't put any of yours up yet (on this thread)!!!

Eamon is a such a little cutie pie! I love the picture of him with Tigger! I couldn't see Tigger's signature in the second photo - where is it? Is it dark and I missed it? I clearly see Eeyore's signature!

Toontown fun.

ry%3D400

Hubby will HATE me for this and would want to make sure I told you he's lost some weight since then, but this is the scared look in front of TOT they have you make. And then I added first the DCA logo and then the Tinkerbell b/c I thought it was amusing.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Those were from September '07, when I was part of a "share". I really didn't think much about editing the pictures, though I don't know why. I was really sparing with the edits. By the time December rolled around, I realized that even if I didn't like an edit/border then, my tastes might change over time, and it would be good to do the border now than wish I'd done it later on. So I threw every border that worked with a pic (sometimes the borders, like Tinkerbell flying, have words that would cut off Eamon when he was in the stroller, so that didn't work) onto every picture. Even the Jack Sparrow pictures, LOL.

December pictures to come.

Thanks Sherry, for the E compliment and the kind whoopsie pointing-out! I fixed it, after about 5 different attempts. I was having problems!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter