Photopass poses - The cheesier the better!

Sherry, those are cute pics of you and your friends! I want to try photopass sometime but DH thinks it's too expensive and I'm not sure i want to do a photopass share so I'm dodging that snowball, at least for the moment. :laughing:

Thank you!:goodvibes

Avoid the Snowball at all costs! As you said in the other thread ABOUT the Snowball, right now, a lot of your ideas are just in your brain and not being acted upon. Keep it that way! Resist the force, LavenderPeach! Be strong for all of us!

Strangely, of all the outrageously expensive DLR items/hotels/meals, etc., it seems the PhotoPass CD is a great deal for the money ($66.95 total, including shipping). I had 58 photos to start with (I was lucky in that I wasn't missing any pictures, as seems to be the case with other people recently) and I turned them into 112 or something like that, by editing and adding frames and effects and things. Of course, I could have done more and made it 500 instead of 112, but I got bored! The individual photo prices are crazy, but the CD is a bargain. Actually, after Bumbershoot explained to me all the logistics of it, I was sold and knew I wanted to try it! Plus, it worked out well because my friend Shawn didn't have her real camera with her and had to use disposable, and the 35 mm camera I had with me was probably 200 years old and dying rapidly. It was good to have the PhotoPass back-up pictures!

Not that I am trying to encourage/enable you or anything....:laughing:

So if I buy the CD, can I print my own pictures for the people that travelled with me? We will be a group of 5 people from 4 different families. Also, is the photo pass good for multiple days? If that's how it works, this might be a fantastic plan!

Thanks.

Yes, once you buy the CD you can get as many prints as you want. :goodvibes Along with your pictures on the CD(s) you will also receive a copyright agreement from Disney giving you the right to make copies of the photos for your personal use. You should print this out to show wherever you have your pictures printed, or you'll need to send it to a site if you do your processing online (Shutterfly, WM, etc.) What you can also do is, once you receive your CD(s) is burn copies for your family/friends. That's what I'm going to do with 2 families that went to WDW at the same time we did as well as our famliy/friends that we got pictures with at DLR. That way they can print their own pictures.

And yes, it is a great deal-especially if you are going to DLR. DLR cd is only $59.95 which is a great deal when you consider 1 5x7 is $12.95. You'll want to buy your CD online, not in the parks. The CD you purchase in the park will not include any added enhancements (except the "magical" ones added by the photographer direct).

So once you go to DLR, go the PP website (disneyphotopass.com) and upload your card(s) You can upload as many cards as you want. You can continue to add cards to your account as well. When you upload your pictures, it will show an expiration date 30 days from your upload date. That is the date your pictures expire. You'll have to order your CD (or anything else) by that date or those pictures will disappear. You'll want to make sure that you get all the cards from your group and enter them on only one account. That way you'll only need to order one CD. (Depending on how many picutres you end up with, you'll actually receive multiple CDs-the is no limit on how many pictures you have on one (or more) CDs. I expect that I'll get 10-20 CDs with my recent order.

Luckily for me, Disney offered a deal to give you 30 extra days to do your pictures. I was able to take advantage of that and got 2 months worth of pix on my CD.

The PP cards, themselves, don't expire. You can continue to use them until they (Disney) comes out with a new system, if they do. I used my PP card from last year, this year at WDW and it caused a small problem. I wasn't able to upload those picture since they belonged to another PP account, already set up (A CD share group I was in last year). Luckily, I contacted Guest Services and they were able to transfer my photos to my new account. :goodvibes

Hope this helps, if you have any more questions, either post here or send me a PM. I'll do my best to answer you.

I also have hints, experiences, etc. that I plan on posting once I get my CDs so I can post pictures with it. I'll put a link in my siggy once I do.

Here's one quick tip-upload your pix as soon as you can. During certain times of the year, Disney adds more enhancements to the site. When they add some, they take some away. When we first returned from WDW in Sept (9-12) there were a lot of Halloween frames. Then as they added more enhancements (Pixie Hollow, WDW F&W, etc.) they started taking off the Halloween ones. Now that they have 12 Christmas season frames there are only 2 Halloween frames, 1 Fall frame, and 1 Thanksgiving frame left. So if you just got back from a recent Halloween trip to WDW or DLR you'll now have less frames to choose from. I'm surprised they took the HW frames off so soon, it was less than 2 weeks ago. I would be nice if special event frames would stay on the site at least 30 days from it happening. Are you listening Disney? I've got other suggests too! :rotfl2:

Sherry I see you resurrected this thread! Love your pics!! Too cute!

And thanks Jacksparrow for the compliement! I loved that pic too.

I am off to DW in just a few days and I know I will probably have a TON of new pics then so I will have to post some then! I will probably buy the CD. Plus I am going on the girls trip in March and am doing the CD share then too so I will have some from then as well!

LOVE all the pics!! :)

Sherry I see you resurrected this thread! Love your pics!! Too cute!

And thanks Jacksparrow for the compliement! I loved that pic too.

I am off to DW in just a few days and I know I will probably have a TON of new pics then so I will have to post some then! I will probably buy the CD. Plus I am going on the girls trip in March and am doing the CD share then too so I will have some from then as well!

LOVE all the pics!! :)

Thank you!:hug:

Yep, it was not my thread to begin with, but I saw that quite a few others of us on DISboards have been using PP lately, so I dug the thread out of the murky depths, and I hope people keep posting! I still really enjoy your photos from Christmas season, because they just really conjure up that holiday feeling for me! The colors in yours seem to be better. I guess I could play with the colors in mine, but I didn't bother yet. (It was kind of odd weather when we went anyway, so overcast and gray for part of the time.) I am dying to get back to DLR in December and take some pictures in front of the blue-purple, glowy, icicle-dripping Castle (like you have in your signature) at night!!!

Yes, by all means, post lots of WDW pictures when you return. I love what they do for the holidays at WDW in the four different parks and in all the hotels in terms of decorations - and I have only seen it on TV and in photos! Can't imagine what it would be like to see it in person! Have a great time!!!:goodvibes

Thanks! I so loved seeing the SB castle with the icicle lights last Christmas and we are SO excited to see DW's version!! We only get to go once every 3 years and we are so happy that it conincides with when they are doing this. Last year we got to see our first Candlelight Procession and it was amazing!! We didn't do the dinning package but we got dreamed in a sense because we walked up and were standing back by the ropes and then at the last minute a CM motioned for the kids to come sit in the empty chairs at the back and of course we were able to join in as well! It was incredible!!

So now we are going next Thursday and have plans to see CP and Mickeys Very Merry Christmas Party and luckily will get to see the Osborne Lights as well. So LOTS of good photo op possibilities. I plan to have a VERY full photo pass card indeed! :)

I splurged and bought the CD last time we went to DL and I KNOW I will probably buy it at DW because after being there close to two weeks I am sure it will be the better deal!

I will DEF share all our pics! :)

Yes, once you buy the CD you can get as many prints as you want. :goodvibes Along with your pictures on the CD(s) you will also receive a copyright agreement from Disney giving you the right to make copies of the photos for your personal use. You should print this out to show wherever you have your pictures printed, or you'll need to send it to a site if you do your processing online (Shutterfly, WM, etc.) What you can also do is, once you receive your CD(s) is burn copies for your family/friends. That's what I'm going to do with 2 families that went to WDW at the same time we did as well as our famliy/friends that we got pictures with at DLR. That way they can print their own pictures.

And yes, it is a great deal-especially if you are going to DLR. DLR cd is only $59.95 which is a great deal when you consider 1 5x7 is $12.95. You'll want to buy your CD online, not in the parks. The CD you purchase in the park will not include any added enhancements (except the "magical" ones added by the photographer direct).

So once you go to DLR, go the PP website (disneyphotopass.com) and upload your card(s) You can upload as many cards as you want. You can continue to add cards to your account as well. When you upload your pictures, it will show an expiration date 30 days from your upload date. That is the date your pictures expire. You'll have to order your CD (or anything else) by that date or those pictures will disappear. You'll want to make sure that you get all the cards from your group and enter them on only one account. That way you'll only need to order one CD. (Depending on how many picutres you end up with, you'll actually receive multiple CDs-the is no limit on how many pictures you have on one (or more) CDs. I expect that I'll get 10-20 CDs with my recent order.

Luckily for me, Disney offered a deal to give you 30 extra days to do your pictures. I was able to take advantage of that and got 2 months worth of pix on my CD.

The PP cards, themselves, don't expire. You can continue to use them until they (Disney) comes out with a new system, if they do. I used my PP card from last year, this year at WDW and it caused a small problem. I wasn't able to upload those picture since they belonged to another PP account, already set up (A CD share group I was in last year). Luckily, I contacted Guest Services and they were able to transfer my photos to my new account. :goodvibes

Hope this helps, if you have any more questions, either post here or send me a PM. I'll do my best to answer you.

I also have hints, experiences, etc. that I plan on posting once I get my CDs so I can post pictures with it. I'll put a link in my siggy once I do.

Here's one quick tip-upload your pix as soon as you can. During certain times of the year, Disney adds more enhancements to the site. When they add some, they take some away. When we first returned from WDW in Sept (9-12) there were a lot of Halloween frames. Then as they added more enhancements (Pixie Hollow, WDW F&W, etc.) they started taking off the Halloween ones. Now that they have 12 Christmas season frames there are only 2 Halloween frames, 1 Fall frame, and 1 Thanksgiving frame left. So if you just got back from a recent Halloween trip to WDW or DLR you'll now have less frames to choose from. I'm surprised they took the HW frames off so soon, it was less than 2 weeks ago. I would be nice if special event frames would stay on the site at least 30 days from it happening. Are you listening Disney? I've got other suggests too! :rotfl2:

Where/how do I get the actual PP card? My trip isn't until March of next year, but I'm a prior proper planning sort of gal. I also think I'm more excited than the 'kids' going with me! :cool1:

You can get one from any PP photog. After you get your first pictures taken tell the photog that you need a card. That's all it takes.

So, say you're going to DL first. As soon as you enter the turnstiles you'll see at least one PP photographer in front of the Mickey landscaping (with Tink) with the train station behind. That's a great place to get your first pix taken. After he/she is done, just get your PP card from him/her. Then you're all set! Just hand the card to each PP photog you see, and they'll scan the card once they take your pictures. If you tell them you are buying the CD and they can take as many pix as they want, most of them will comply.

We had one photog who I recognized from Triton's Carousel at DCA last year who was at the hub this year. I asked her if she used to take PP there (carousel) and she said she did. I told her that she got a few great shots of DD on the ride. I told her we were buying the CD again, and take all the pix she wanted. After she took ones of us in front of the Walt/Mickey staute, she took us around the hub and took more pictures of us with some of the character pumpkins. She was great! Sadly, we did not see any PP photogs this year at the carousel. I looked every time.

You can get one from any PP photog. After you get your first pictures taken tell the photog that you need a card. That's all it takes.

So, say you're going to DL first. As soon as you enter the turnstiles you'll see at least one PP photographer in front of the Mickey landscaping (with Tink) with the train station behind. That's a great place to get your first pix taken. After he/she is done, just get your PP card from him/her. Then you're all set! Just hand the card to each PP photog you see, and they'll scan the card once they take your pictures. If you tell them you are buying the CD and they can take as many pix as they want, most of them will comply.

We had one photog who I recognized from Triton's Carousel at DCA last year who was at the hub this year. I asked her if she used to take PP there (carousel) and she said she did. I told her that she got a few great shots of DD on the ride. I told her we were buying the CD again, and take all the pix she wanted. After she took ones of us in front of the Walt/Mickey staute, she took us around the hub and took more pictures of us with some of the character pumpkins. She was great! Sadly, we did not see any PP photogs this year at the carousel. I looked every time.

Cool, thanks!
Just out of curiosity, was PP an option back in 2006? I did buy 4 5X7s of us holding tinkerbell. That alone makes me want to do the whole PP thing! Do the photographers mention it if we don't?

great pictures prettyprincessbelle, and i must say, those black crocs are the cutest I've ever seen!

Thank you, Judy! :thumbsup2 :goodvibes I love my Crocs! I have them in gray too!!

Courtney, you and your boyfriend (Jesus, right?) seem like you are having so much fun! I love the men who can go with the flow and have fun at DLR like that - just let loose and 'play.' Some of them are too worried about being macho and not wanting to come off as acting like a kid, and they won't be silly! By the way, you are so pretty - you like you could be a model!!

Thank you soo much, Sherry! Your compliments are too sweet! :hug:

Yeah, Jesus is great! He has such a blast at DLR! He's like a kid, not too macho! :rotfl:

I love your pictures!!! I like how he's playing with your hair!! Tooo too funny!!!!

Thank you soo much, Sherry! Your compliments are too sweet! :hug:

Yeah, Jesus is great! He has such a blast at DLR! He's like a kid, not too macho! :rotfl:

I love your pictures!!! I like how he's playing with your hair!! Tooo too funny!!!!

Thanks!

Jesus looks like he is a good blend of macho and silly-playful, which is important! It is not good to have them be all one way or all the other!!

I look at the Queen of Hearts in a whole new way now that I know she is a HE!:rotfl: At first I was annoyed that the PhotoPass photgrapher didn't get at least one picture with the Queen, etc. where I was looking at the camera (she was rushing because there was a long line for those characters), but the more I look at that picture, it grows on me because it is funny! It is something a little wacky beyond just the standard PhotoPass poses! Kind of like a candid PhotoPass shot, but accidental!

And you notice I had to get a picture with Woody and his enormous head!!!:rotfl: His head is just so disproportionately large...the poor guy!

We got a deal on our CD but we bought it in the park and it seems to me to get the deal we weren't able to get all the cool backgrounds and such. If we wanted that we would have had to pay more. If we bought the CD there in the park we had to take it as is with no extras but it was cheaper.

My question is I was thinking about making christmas cards out of my pics from DW but if I end up doing another deal like I did before and getting the CD WHILE I am at DW I supposed getting Christmas cards would be out of the question. But I guess I could just take one of the pics and use it to make some from Longs or something at home but I was really wanting to have some made from photopass. Anyone know the answer?

We got a deal on our CD but we bought it in the park and it seems to me to get the deal we weren't able to get all the cool backgrounds and such. If we wanted that we would have had to pay more. If we bought the CD there in the park we had to take it as is with no extras but it was cheaper.

My question is I was thinking about making christmas cards out of my pics from DW but if I end up doing another deal like I did before and getting the CD WHILE I am at DW I supposed getting Christmas cards would be out of the question. But I guess I could just take one of the pics and use it to make some from Longs or something at home but I was really wanting to have some made from photopass. Anyone know the answer?

I'm a little confused-yes you can have Christmas cards made from any pix on your CD. And as you discovered, the CD you buy in the parks doesn't inc. enhancements-except for the ones the PP photogs add on for you (Tink, Hook, Soarin', Stitch, Ghosts, Mickey, Minnie, Darth, etc.) ( I guess they don't want you standing there forever doing edits-I totally understand that!:rotfl2: ) Or you can order Christmas Cards from your PP taken on the PP website, with or without addded enhancements.

Does that answer your question? Hope so.:goodvibes

If it was me, I would buy the CD after I got home for the same price as the one in the park and be able to add on enhancements. $59.95. The only extra would be the shipping (currently $7)

Thank you!:goodvibes

Avoid the Snowball at all costs! As you said in the other thread ABOUT the Snowball, right now, a lot of your ideas are just in your brain and not being acted upon. Keep it that way! Resist the force, LavenderPeach! Be strong for all of us!

Strangely, of all the outrageously expensive DLR items/hotels/meals, etc., it seems the PhotoPass CD is a great deal for the money ($66.95 total, including shipping). I had 58 photos to start with (I was lucky in that I wasn't missing any pictures, as seems to be the case with other people recently) and I turned them into 112 or something like that, by editing and adding frames and effects and things. Of course, I could have done more and made it 500 instead of 112, but I got bored! The individual photo prices are crazy, but the CD is a bargain. Actually, after Bumbershoot explained to me all the logistics of it, I was sold and knew I wanted to try it! Plus, it worked out well because my friend Shawn didn't have her real camera with her and had to use disposable, and the 35 mm camera I had with me was probably 200 years old and dying rapidly. It was good to have the PhotoPass back-up pictures!

Not that I am trying to encourage/enable you or anything....:laughing:

Okay Sherry, what are you trying to do to me? :rotfl: Now you've got me thinking "hmmm.... maybe we should at least have some PP pictures taken and then I can decide when I get home if i want to buy the CD or not. I mean, what harm would there be in that? And, hey, we'll be going with my MIL at the beginning of dec (within 30 days from our first trip) so we could get some more pics done then. And if I bought something off the website the 30 days could extend to 60 days and so I could maybe get a few more pics when we tag along with Pinkbudgie and her family at the beginning of Jan." Hmmm.....something to think about between now and tomorrow morning. :rolleyes1

I'm trying to be strong but I......can't........resist.....the....SNOWBALL!! :scared1:

Thanks!

Jesus looks like he is a good blend of macho and silly-playful, which is important! It is not good to have them be all one way or all the other!!

I look at the Queen of Hearts in a whole new way now that I know she is a HE!:rotfl: At first I was annoyed that the PhotoPass photgrapher didn't get at least one picture with the Queen, etc. where I was looking at the camera (she was rushing because there was a long line for those characters), but the more I look at that picture, it grows on me because it is funny! It is something a little wacky beyond just the standard PhotoPass poses! Kind of like a candid PhotoPass shot, but accidental!

And you notice I had to get a picture with Woody and his enormous head!!!:rotfl: His head is just so disproportionately large...the poor guy!

He is macho AND silly! Which is a good mix! He’s a keeper!! :)

I know! That is SO funny! It’s a guy!! Haha! No wonder why she (he!) doesn’t walk very feminine, you know what I mean? :rotfl:

Woody has the biggest head in world. Poor guy! It’s SO long. I wonder if that head thing is heavy for the CM? It has to be! That thing is HUGE!!! :laughing: :laughing:

I'm a little confused-yes you can have Christmas cards made from any pix on your CD. And as you discovered, the CD you buy in the parks doesn't inc. enhancements-except for the ones the PP photogs add on for you (Tink, Hook, Soarin', Stitch, Ghosts, Mickey, Minnie, Darth, etc.) ( I guess they don't want you standing there forever doing edits-I totally understand that!:rotfl2: ) Or you can order Christmas Cards from your PP taken on the PP website, with or without addded enhancements.

Does that answer your question? Hope so.:goodvibes

If it was me, I would buy the CD after I got home for the same price as the one in the park and be able to add on enhancements. $59.95. The only extra would be the shipping (currently $7)

See they told us if we bought the CD in the park it would be 50 but if we waited till we got home it would cost more off the site like 99 or something. That was the difference. They told us if we bought it IN the park it would be a lot cheaper then if we waited till we got home. That was the only reason we bought it there. Obviously if it was the same price I would have waited till I got home. :)

I was just afraid if I did the same thing in Florida that once I purchased it I would no longer be able to purchase the christmas cards. I wonder though if I could possibly order Christmas cards of a particular photo AT the park and then just get the rest on a CD IF they even HAVE that special offer there like they do at DL.

See they told us if we bought the CD in the park it would be 50 but if we waited till we got home it would cost more off the site like 99 or something. That was the difference. They told us if we bought it IN the park it would be a lot cheaper then if we waited till we got home. That was the only reason we bought it there. Obviously if it was the same price I would have waited till I got home. :)

I was just afraid if I did the same thing in Florida that once I purchased it I would no longer be able to purchase the christmas cards. I wonder though if I could possibly order Christmas cards of a particular photo AT the park and then just get the rest on a CD IF they even HAVE that special offer there like they do at DL.

Kelly, it just occurred to me to put in a request - if you can, try to get some photos of the different elaborate edible holiday displays in the hotels when you go to WDW. I don't know how many of the hotels down there you will actually stroll through, but on one of the Travel Channel specials I watched, it said that every WDW hotel has its own edible display. That is something that is sorely lacking over here in DLR. Not only do we not have all those hotels, but they don't put edible displays in the ones we do have! I have seen what some of them look like, but they may change every year in each hotel. Anyway, I have a feeling it is something we would all like to see pictures of! I think all those hotels and Epcot would be worth going to WDW around the holidays alone, not to mention the Osborne Family's lights and all that (which also looks amazing!). Plus, the picture that I saw of the AK Christmas tree looked really cool.

Oh don't worry. In fact thanks for reminding me. I am going to put my extra memory card in my camera bag!! ;)

We plan to at LEAST go see the life size gingerbread house at the Grand Floridian and I hope to make it to the Yacht and Beach Club as I have heard they have some gingerbread displays as well! I am sure I am going to have a TON of pics!! :)

Oh don't worry. In fact thanks for reminding me. I am going to put my extra memory card in my camera bag!! ;)

We plan to at LEAST go see the life size gingerbread house at the Grand Floridian and I hope to make it to the Yacht and Beach Club as I have heard they have some gingerbread displays as well! I am sure I am going to have a TON of pics!! :)

The gingerbread shop in the GF looked amazing from what I could tell. And they sell mini versions of it there, which is awesome! One of the hotels had an edible amusement park edible display, with mini rides and mini Santas, and mini characters on the rides, but I cannot recall which hotel it was. The Animal Kingdom Lodge had a magnificent display! I don't know why they won't do anything like that down here in any of the three hotels! They could find room to do that somewhere!:mad:

Okay Sherry, what are you trying to do to me? :rotfl: Now you've got me thinking "hmmm.... maybe we should at least have some PP pictures taken and then I can decide when I get home if i want to buy the CD or not. I mean, what harm would there be in that? And, hey, we'll be going with my MIL at the beginning of dec (within 30 days from our first trip) so we could get some more pics done then. And if I bought something off the website the 30 days could extend to 60 days and so I could maybe get a few more pics when we tag along with Pinkbudgie and her family at the beginning of Jan." Hmmm.....something to think about between now and tomorrow morning. :rolleyes1

I'm trying to be strong but I......can't........resist.....the....SNOWBALL!! :scared1:

Hee hee. It is all part of my evil plan!:rotfl: Well having the pictures taken and getting the PP card won't hurt or cost anything. It is only after the trip that you can choose to pay or not. But PP even lets you share the photos with other people before you have bought the CD, so everyone can get a good look at them when you send the e-mail share invitation. Then, if you don't want to buy the CD, PinkBudgie or MIL can buy it. Or you all can get a good look at the photos and then let them expire, no expense paid. I think it is a good option to have as a back-up! And 85% of the photos come out really good.

He is macho AND silly! Which is a good mix! He’s a keeper!! :)

I know! That is SO funny! It’s a guy!! Haha! No wonder why she (he!) doesn’t walk very feminine, you know what I mean? :rotfl:

Woody has the biggest head in world. Poor guy! It’s SO long. I wonder if that head thing is heavy for the CM? It has to be! That thing is HUGE!!! :laughing: :laughing:

Yes, the Queen of Hearts kind of lumbers along with a heavy step. She isn't very dainty and feminine!!:rotfl: .... I bet that whoever the CM's are in the Woody costumes do suffer from neck pain and other things like that. They have to keep their neck firm - stiff, really - all day long, trying to prop that thing up! All the costumes are heavy - and hot - but that long head on Woody must want to naturally give into gravitational pull and tip over because it is so long! I do hope the people in these costumes get paid well, because they are definitely suffering for our enjoyment!:lmao: :laughing: :rotfl:

since you asked for it....this shot is almost 3 years old....but it is a gingerbread of the Hard Rock Hotel at Universal.

712DSCF0163-med.JPG

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter