• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Photopass poses - The cheesier the better!

I don't have my CD yet to be able to add anything, but I must say that when my friends and I went to DLR last month for our little day trip, we encountered some really uninspired photographers. Well, actually, it was one extreme or the other - they either did not care or they cared too much! The very first guy we got - he was at the floral Mickey as we entered - was very particular about where everyone stood, exactly how far out someone's foot was, he made sure our sunglasses were on our heads and not covering our eyes, he even made sure that I zipped up my jacket to a certain point because he needed "a black background"!! Then, we next encountered the photographers over at the Mickey pumpkin. Last year we only got pictures on one side of the pumpkin but not the 'winking Mickey' side. I wanted winking Mickey so we went to that side. The photographer was totally unenthused and confused.

Not one single photographer had us point at Stitch in the ground this time, nor did they have us "look scared," as we usually do. Nobody had us sit next to Mickey or Minnie on a bench. Only one photographer near the Castle had us hold out our hands for Tinkerbell, and that picture did not come out that great because my friends' hands are not positioned correctly. We had one photographer who had us do the "Charlie's Angels pose," which was fun (it requires a group of 3 people), as well as the "Rockettes Kick pose," which was hilarious. And finally we found one photographer who had us point to the sky for the 'Soarin' pose. Otherwise, everyone we encountered - even though I told them that we wanted to do silly things and to have us do whatever they wanted - was a dud. They all seemed bored or not into it.

However, that said, I managed to pull off a master feat... The last two DLR trips I have made - which were three-night, extended weekend stays - we used PhotoPass, and from one trip I turned 55 pictures into 110 pictures (not too bad), and on the next trip I turned 99 photos into 300 photos (pretty great). But on this little one-day Halloweentime trip to DLR last month, we only took 30 or 31 PhotoPass pictures...and by using almost all the borders for each photo and cropping, doing close-ups and making black and whites of each one, I turned 30 or 31 photos from a one day trip into....into.................wait for it.................559 pictures!!!!!:thumbsup2:cool1: Yes, 30 or 31 pictures into 559 - that is crazy.

I had to make sure I got my money's worth out of that CD when I buy it.;)

Image00682.jpg

great picture, it is amazing how real that sunset looks!

I don't have my CD yet to be able to add anything, but I must say that when my friends and I went to DLR last month for our little day trip, we encountered some really uninspired photographers. Well, actually, it was one extreme or the other - they either did not care or they cared too much! The very first guy we got - he was at the floral Mickey as we entered - was very particular about where everyone stood, exactly how far out someone's foot was, he made sure our sunglasses were on our heads and not covering our eyes, he even made sure that I zipped up my jacket to a certain point because he needed "a black background"!! Then, we next encountered the photographers over at the Mickey pumpkin. Last year we only got pictures on one side of the pumpkin but not the 'winking Mickey' side. I wanted winking Mickey so we went to that side. The photographer was totally unenthused and confused.

Not one single photographer had us point at Stitch in the ground this time, nor did they have us "look scared," as we usually do. Nobody had us sit next to Mickey or Minnie on a bench. Only one photographer near the Castle had us hold out our hands for Tinkerbell, and that picture did not come out that great because my friends' hands are not positioned correctly. We had one photographer who had us do the "Charlie's Angels pose," which was fun (it requires a group of 3 people), as well as the "Rockettes Kick pose," which was hilarious. And finally we found one photographer who had us point to the sky for the 'Soarin' pose. Otherwise, everyone we encountered - even though I told them that we wanted to do silly things and to have us do whatever they wanted - was a dud. They all seemed bored or not into it.

However, that said, I managed to pull off a master feat... The last two DLR trips I have made - which were three-night, extended weekend stays - we used PhotoPass, and from one trip I turned 55 pictures into 110 pictures (not too bad), and on the next trip I turned 99 photos into 300 photos (pretty great). But on this little one-day Halloweentime trip to DLR last month, we only took 30 or 31 PhotoPass pictures...and by using almost all the borders for each photo and cropping, doing close-ups and making black and whites of each one, I turned 30 or 31 photos from a one day trip into....into.................wait for it.................559 pictures!!!!!:thumbsup2:cool1: Yes, 30 or 31 pictures into 559 - that is crazy.

I had to make sure I got my money's worth out of that CD when I buy it.;)

Great job on stretching 30 to so many!

Sorry about the PP photogs. When they don't volunteer the special shots, I ask. Of course my 2 fav. photogs don't even have to ask.

We were there on Tuesday, the 24th, and got to be on Tiana's showboat. I can't wait to add the Princess and the frog enhancements to the ones of DD and the characters. I'm probably going to wait until around 12-24 to upload so I can maximize my PP CD ordering window. We'll be going in Jan. while DD10 is off track. My favorite time to get PP taken is Jan. With so few people in the parks, they have more time to take shots. :goodvibes

Here are a few more from last CD.

Image0847.jpg

Image0899.jpg

Wow Sherry! I am impressed! That has got to be some kind of record to stretch 30 pictures into that many photos.

Marie, that was 30 very similar pictures stretched into 559! So basically, I have 559 pictures that all look alike!!:rotfl2:

I should also point out that I feel very lucky to have gotten the 'Stitch-Popping-Out-of-the-Christmas-Present' photo at DCA during the holidays last year (already posted on this thread, somewhere back in the pages), because I asked a couple of PP photographers and they were not doing that particular magic shot again this year...not to mention the fact that no one else seemed to get it last year! In fact, I ran into such uninspired and unfestive photographers in October and last weekend - even when I told them we wanted to do silly things and get the magic shots and all that - that I am surprised we got anything 'fun' at all. But these that I am about to post are pretty run-of-the-mill PhotoPass pictures - nothing spectacular or different.

Anyway, I already posted different versions of these photos from my October day trip to DLR in my TR (mostly without borders), but I will post some here as well. Dizneydaz has pretty much already shown everyone the variety of borders. I have to say I was a bit disapponted with the selection of holiday borders this year. Most of them were the same ones from last year - nothing new - and as far as Christmas borders, there were even fewer options than last year! Yes, last year, there were several more options for holiday borders than what was available this year. I assumed they would put some new ones up, but not really.

Image0009.jpg

I don't know why I used this border - none of us are Fairies fans. I guess I chose it just because I could!

Image0050.jpg

I prefer this 'Winking Mickey' side of the pumpkin to the other, 'regular Mickey' side!

Image0069.jpg

Image0101.jpg

Pooh's body language seems to imply he favors me over my friends - I think I am much more of a character nut than my friends are (I am a big kid at heart), so he probably sensed it!

Image0117.jpg

Image0152.jpg

Image0173.jpg

Image0189.jpg

Image0234.jpg

Image0243.jpg

Image0260.jpg

A bad impression of the Rockettes:

Image0281.jpg

And a bad impression of Charlie's Angels (I have not seen the Charlie's Angels logo in years - which one am I? Jill, Kelly or Sabrina?:rotfl2::

Image0312.jpg

We were told by the Photographer that they cannot always do this Tinkerbell in the hand "magic shot" because sometimes the guests have on white shirts or something that is too light in color or too "busy" (my shirt was too busy, but if I had my black jacket zipped up, they could have used me as the backdrop) to use as a background for Tink. So they have to position the guests' hands so that they fall in front of the shirt that will be the best backdrop for Tinkerbell!

Image0318.jpg

Image0336.jpg

Okay, so that is it for DL...now on to DCA's photos!!!

Now we arrive at DCA, October 2009:

What's funny is that we didn't even go to the TOTP this year - and last year, this TOTP border was only available for the actual photos taken at the TOTP - but this year you could put the border on any photo taken in DCA, so I did!:rotfl2::

Image0354.jpg

Image0369.jpg

Image0394.jpg

I had to use this border again - it seemed fitting:

Image0422.jpg

Image0423.jpg

Image0454.jpg

Image0468.jpg

Image0478.jpg

Image0504.jpg

Image0528.jpg

Image0540.jpg

Image0551.jpg

There are so many wonderful photos here, I love them all. This thread makes me want to post some of our PhotoPass pics too. They were taken on our California vacation in October 2008.

photopass_01.jpg

photopass_04.jpg

photopass_02.jpg

photopass_05.jpg

photopass_03.jpg

photopass_06.jpg

Great photos, Orbitron!:thumbsup2 So much fun! You reminded me that I have neglected to go to Mickey's house on the last few visits and get a photo taken, so I must make a point of doing that (translation: drag my friends back there) on the next DLR trip! Also, I have only had one photographer get us sitting on a bench with Mickey. I want to have more of those done.

You reminded me that I have neglected to go to Mickey's house on the last few visits and get a photo taken, so I must make a point of doing that (translation: drag my friends back there) on the next DLR trip!

I love Mickey's house. We met him in his movie barn as sorcerer, band leader and in his classic outfit.

I have only had one photographer get us sitting on a bench with Mickey. I want to have more of those done.

We did request the PhotoPass photographer for the Magic Shot with Mikey, because I had seen pictures like this on different websites. He didn't suggest it by himself, but the photo with Minnie was his idea.

It's been awhile since any have been posted, here's some more (more to come after we complete our trips to DLR this month)

Here's an example of how you can get creative with your editting/enhancing

Image0749.jpg

Original photo with added border

Image0748.jpg
----
Image0747.jpg

Just DD with Stitch -----------------------------------------------Just me and Stitch

Image0746.jpg

and of course, Stitch by himself, "Celebrating!"

That's excellent, Dizneydaz ^ ! What a good idea to show one photo and how it can be edited and made to look like two or three different photos!! Good thinking!!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter