Photopass + anyone using this soon, please post your experience on return!

over the years, since 2007, we've had breakfast, lunch and dinner at Cafe Mickey, never seen an official photographer with the characters there :confused3 (or any other restaurant character meal we've done at DLP, and again, over the years we've done a few of those).

over the years, since 2007, we've had breakfast, lunch and dinner at Cafe Mickey, never seen an official photographer with the characters there :confused3 (or any other restaurant character meal we've done at DLP, and again, over the years we've done a few of those).

Thanks at least I know it's not only me.

Just a quick update, we have photos missing from morning meet again, now waiting till morning if they can upload them online as they are again on card but not on website and again from the same meet so no happy here but all other are fine and its really good value as long as you are not taking any pictures at hotel new york ;)
Re cafe mickey we were there yesterday for lunch and no photographer there
And re location of photographers, they are in the same places as in the past so I guess they will be also at princess make overs

And we are not using app just card and then in the hotel checking them on the phone/laptop on photopass website

Can I just check if I have it right?

So we buy the pack and receive 3 cards. Then we go to official meets and the photographer scans the card to add our photos or at rides we have them added at the photo window but then we must download them to my account on the app/website?
Then we can use them as we want for the time limit which is a year?

You just give you card to photographer and he will transer your photos for you and they will be ready for you to view on the website. They always says to wait 15mins after pictures were taken to show online
. What you will have to do is to register onlinenon disneyphotopass.eu and when you buy your card its got its code that you need to add to your account so you can view them and download. You can keep adding to your card for 10 days after it is first use and then you have a year to view/download them tou your own pc/phone and you can print as many copy you want at home etc

Just another wee note - realised some pics were missing (with Stitch) - emailed and they were able to add them on. We also saw a Photopass photographer at one session in Studios with Woody in Toon Studio - hopefully with them promoting it they'll add more locations and make it more value. It does seem though that they don't feature the character signatures and/or borders so just bear this in mind as well.

Just another wee note - realised some pics were missing (with Stitch) - emailed and they were able to add them on. We also saw a Photopass photographer at one session in Studios with Woody in Toon Studio - hopefully with them promoting it they'll add more locations and make it more value. It does seem though that they don't feature the character signatures and/or borders so just bear this in mind as well.

Hmmm - not great that the onus is on you to realise you are missing photos! :( I am beginning to think this will be a great value once it is up and running properly, but at present, I really don't think it's worth it for us. I'd want photos with signatures etc on as you say maleficent_man. In addition, I'd want photos at the Maleficent court which doesn't look like it is happening. I think I'd rather rely on my own camera right now as I'd be gutted if I didn't take photos of a meet then they couldn't find them later! Having said that, PP+ and now Memory Maker has been out at WDW for some time and people still report being missing the odd photo - but often they are talking about one or two out of 300+ photos, so it's a bit different!

Thanks to everyone who is posting their experience :thumbsup2.

We used it in early September, it came with the vacation package we booked. In my opinion it's worth the $150 price tag and when we go again we will purchase. We got something like 300 pictures over a week and didn't have to ask a stranger for a family picture. You do still need your own camera though, the majority of the character meals we did didn't have Disney photographers. I think there may have been a stray picture or two missing, but wasn't a big deal to us. We have many more family pictures than we would have have and we didn't have to carry a big camera, just an iPhone for when a photographer wasn't around or a quick shot.

thanks everyone for contributing to this thread, its made it a lot more clear to me, and actually it might work well for us, for a fairly low cost - we might actually bring home ride photos etc this time :thumbsup2.

So basically - you get the pack, it has 3 cards, you register online and input the code that comes with the cards.
Every time you want photos loaded onto your account, you give your card to the CM at the ride photobooth/photo op, and they should show up on your account that same day.
We'll have an ipad and smartphone with us (but no 3G), so we view our photos online using free wifi in our hotel every evening, and download too?

Have I got the jist?

We used it in early September, it came with the vacation package we booked. In my opinion it's worth the $150 price tag and when we go again we will purchase. We got something like 300 pictures over a week and didn't have to ask a stranger for a family picture. You do still need your own camera though, the majority of the character meals we did didn't have Disney photographers. I think there may have been a stray picture or two missing, but wasn't a big deal to us. We have many more family pictures than we would have have and we didn't have to carry a big camera, just an iPhone for when a photographer wasn't around or a quick shot.

Hi - just to confirm, we are talking about the implementation of Photopass Plus in Disneyland Paris, not WDW or Disneyland. HTH :thumbsup2

thanks everyone for contributing to this thread, its made it a lot more clear to me, and actually it might work well for us, for a fairly low cost - we might actually bring home ride photos etc this time :thumbsup2.

So basically - you get the pack, it has 3 cards, you register online and input the code that comes with the cards.
Every time you want photos loaded onto your account, you give your card to the CM at the ride photobooth/photo op, and they should show up on your account that same day.
We'll have an ipad and smartphone with us (but no 3G), so we view our photos online using free wifi in our hotel every evening, and download too?

Have I got the jist?

Yep Elaine, that's about right. You can also wait to download all the photos once you get home as apparently you get one year to download them all before they are wiped.

It is a shame that they don't do things like signatures superimposed like maleficent_man says as they look great. Also, magic shots are great too - but I think this will all come in time. It's so early right now. I think for anyone going for Christmas season, this could be great, Halloween, I think is a bit too close for real value to be gained and to be able to experience some of the extras (as above) that may come. Unless you are a ride photo nut and then it may be worth it.

To be honest though, at 50euros and with any discount you can apply, it's a relatively cheap addition (when you compare food/gifts). I had over 100 pics in total for the price of 3 prints. I would recommend it and the more who use it, hopefully the more they'll invest in it.

In London now and have all photos but again the one from today meet at nyh were missing but got them added later on at one of the shops in park. I think it's good product but stressfull to keep checking if anything is missing

We have been using PhotoPass+ since we arrived on Monday, and apart from some minor issues it's working well.

Unfortunately the minor issues we have been having are the same ones I experienced in June when I took part in the initial VIP launch. Missing photos and someone else's photos appearing in your online account.

From what I have noticed they are a combination of system errors or CM photographer errors.

The most common error I have noticed is that if you give your PhotoPass+ card to a photographer before you have your photo taken they instinctively scan the barcode on the card before they take your photo - this of course results in the photos of the Guest in front of you who has just had their photos taken appearing on your account. And yours not turning up.

So make sure you hand the card to the photographer after you have had your photo taken. We have been telling them we have the cards in advance so they don't scan a normal Photocard as well, as this can loose your photos too.

Ride photos - if you scan the QR code on the screens at then end of a ride only a low quality image is downloaded to the account. Fine for social media sharing, but no good for printing. So you still have to go to the photo-booth desk and get the CM to scan your card.

We queued for around an hour in the rain to meet Jack in Frontierland and noticed afterwards, while we were on the Molly Brown drying off that the photos that had been uploaded to our account were not of us and Jack, but the family in front if us.

After a hot chocolate in the Lucky Nugget to warm up I went over to the Meet and Great location and explained the problem to the CM and they put us at the front of the queue to have our photos taken again. By the time we waked to the front door of the Phantom Manor the new photos had appeared on our account.

So unfortunately there are still some teething problems with the system. We have been hammering the cards like mad over the last few days, with many more Meet and Great photos that we would ever normally queue up for. On Tuesday all we did was Meet and Greats, and not a single ride so we could really test the system and apart from the 'Jack' problem all the others appeared on our account fine.

I'm not a character hunter, if I want to seem them we book a character meal and let them come to us, but in the name if research we joined every character Meet and Great queue we could find which had an photographer at it yesterday.

I will never queue for 120 mins for the Princess Pavilion, 30 mins for Meet Mickey Mouse, 40 mins for Minnie Mouse, 30 mins for Stitch, 30 mins for Goofy, 60 mins Jack and 50 mins for Spider-Man all in the same day ever again !!!

And if that was not enough today I had to take DW to Auberge de Cendrillon for the Princes Meal for lunch and to Cafe Mickey for supper. If I see another Disney character today I might scream! - This was of course DW getting her own back for all the waiting around yesterday.

I'll post up a full review when we get back home.

We have been using PhotoPass+ since we arrived on Monday, and apart from some minor issues it's working well.

Unfortunately the minor issues we have been having are the same ones I experienced in June when I took part in the initial VIP launch. Missing photos and someone else's photos appearing in your online account.

From what I have noticed they are a combination of system errors or CM photographer errors.

The most common error I have noticed is that if you give your PhotoPass+ card to a photographer before you have your photo taken they instinctively scan the barcode on the card before they take your photo - this of course results in the photos of the Guest in front of you who has just had their photos taken appearing on your account. And yours not turning up.

So make sure you hand the card to the photographer after you have had your photo taken. We have been telling them we have the cards in advance so they don't scan a normal Photocard as well, as this can loose your photos too.

Ride photos - if you scan the QR code on the screens at then end of a ride only a low quality image is downloaded to the account. Fine for social media sharing, but no good for printing. So you still have to go to the photo-booth desk and get the CM to scan your card.

We queued for around an hour in the rain to meet Jack in Frontierland and noticed afterwards, while we were on the Molly Brown drying off that the photos that had been uploaded to our account were not of us and Jack, but the family in front if us.

After a hot chocolate in the Lucky Nugget to warm up I went over to the Meet and Great location and explained the problem to the CM and they put us at the front of the queue to have our photos taken again. By the time we waked to the front door of the Phantom Manor the new photos had appeared on our account.

So unfortunately there are still some teething problems with the system. We have been hammering the cards like mad over the last few days, with many more Meet and Great photos that we would ever normally queue up for. On Tuesday all we did was Meet and Greats, and not a single ride so we could really test the system and apart from the 'Jack' problem all the others appeared on our account fine.

I'm not a character hunter, if I want to seem them we book a character meal and let them come to us, but in the name if research we joined every character Meet and Great queue we could find which had an photographer at it yesterday.

I will never queue for 120 mins for the Princess Pavilion, 30 mins for Meet Mickey Mouse, 40 mins for Minnie Mouse, 30 mins for Stitch, 30 mins for Goofy, 60 mins Jack and 50 mins for Spider-Man all in the same day ever again !!!

And if that was not enough today I had to take DW to Auberge de Cendrillon for the Princes Meal for lunch and to Cafe Mickey for supper. If I see another Disney character today I might scream! - This was of course DW getting her own back for all the waiting around yesterday.

:rotfl2: Brilliant! All in the cause of duty... thank you so much! :goodvibes

Thanks so much for such an awesome report on the new Photopass.
I'd love to know how u go dealing with it when u get home. Is it easy to download the photos and have they added signatures or character boarders etc which really make the ones in the US parks so awesome.
:mickeyjum:goofy::donald::dumbo::tigger::stitch:

Does anyone know if they will still be offering PP+ in September 2015. Or is it just in trial stages???

I'm hoping they'll not only have decided to keep it before my trip but that the problems will be ironed out and they will introduce the signatures and character boarders to jazz up the prints like they do in the US parks.

I've never seen any character borders on any DLP photos? And we've got about 50. As for photopass+ it's up and running now there would be no reason for them to stop it once it's running?

I've never seen any character borders on any DLP photos? And we've got about 50. As for photopass+ it's up and running now there would be no reason for them to stop it once it's running?

That's what I thought but I read in a thread that it's on trial till November.

The borders etc are amazing but I've only seen them on DL & WDW Photopass pics never from DLP :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter