Photopass + anyone using this soon, please post your experience on return!

DLPDreams

I am like a child in a sweet shop, hyper on sugar!
As we go in a few weeks, I am still dithering about buying this. I know there is a post on here about how it works - it still seems a bit hazy!

My ask is, if anyone is going in the next week or so and uses it, please could you come back and let us know what you think/your experiences etc? That would be really helpful.

I can't help thinking that PP+ will be great once up and running but I think it will take a little while to get good value from it, once the photographers are roaming about as well as at the usual character meets etc, which doesn't seem to be happening atm. :confused3

Brilliant idea, this will really help! If there are roaming photographers I will definitely buy Photopass+ in December but if not then I don't think it will be worth it for us..can't wait to hear some reports from those who are going to DLP soon!

I will be using it again next week, and will be doing a write up of my experiances of Photopass+ for my blog. I have pre-booked it in advance for £33 so I don't know if we will get it on the Eurostar with our Disney Express tickets or at the hotel when we check in.

I used it in June as part of a trial and it was very good, and if your like me, it will save you money if you buy a lot of photos while your at the resort.

The App is good and being able to share your offical photos on social media while your in the park was fun.

If you follow Salon Mickey on Facebook or Twitter look out for photos next week from the resort.

Thank you both - I know people often do tend to give their experiences but it can get 'lost' in their TRs etc where people don't always see them :).

Jonjo - will be interested to see what you think. It is a really short trip for us - only 2 nights, but 3 full days, so I don't know what to do. We rarely buy ride photos but often do buy at least 2 photos per trip, so with that in mind, it isn't a bad cost! And, I'm hoping we manage to meet a few characters (queues allowing)!

As it will be the last chance for us to experiance characters in the hotels during this trip, our plan is to spend one morning visiting all the resort hotels to get photos with all of them.

I will be also buying it in the next few days so come back with our feedback as well... I will be trying to get AP or shareholders discount on it as well so advise on it as well...

hth

As it will be the last chance for us to experiance characters in the hotels during this trip, our plan is to spend one morning visiting all the resort hotels to get photos with all of them.

Good idea - some may be in Halloween costume! We won't have time to do that but if we did, we would :thumbsup2

I will be also buying it in the next few days so come back with our feedback as well... I will be trying to get AP or shareholders discount on it as well so advise on it as well...

hth

Thank you. I don't have an AP and I'm no longer a member of the SC :(. But it will be very useful for others here. Isn't there a decent discount if you pre-purchase? I am assuming there is no additional discount on this.

Hey,

Sorry to jump in, but can you now prebook photopass+ before you go? or can you only buy when you get there? Have searched but everything seems to be from a few months ago and it seems to have got delayed a bit anyway.

After using photopass+ at wdw, we were pleased to hear it's now available at DLP (especially as it seems far cheaper if the advance rate is still applicable!)

Good idea - some may be in Halloween costume! We won't have time to do that but if we did, we would :thumbsup2

Thank you. I don't have an AP and I'm no longer a member of the SC :(. But it will be very useful for others here. Isn't there a decent discount if you pre-purchase? I am assuming there is no additional discount on this.

yes, there is but this is the first and probably last time I booked via WDTC and cannot add it to our booking so will be buying it when we in parks on Sunday

yes, there is but this is the first and probably last time I booked via WDTC and cannot add it to our booking so will be buying it when we in parks on Sunday

I feel your pain, I'm never going to use WDTC again either. They have given me so many problems with our June trip it's been unbelievable. I'll stick with booking directly with DLP from now on.

For my trip next week I booked Photopass+ in advance with DLP for £33. It's 49,99 € (£39.45) in the park so you save a little booking it in advance.

Not sure if this is a special offer for the launch or if this will be the standard price for advance bookings.

I feel your pain, I'm never going to use WDTC again either. They have given me so many problems with our June trip it's been unbelievable. I'll stick with booking directly with DLP from now on.

For my trip next week I booked Photopass+ in advance with DLP for £33. It's 49,99 € (£39.45) in the park so you save a little booking it in advance.

Not sure if this is a special offer for the launch or if this will be the standard price for advance bookings.

yeah:rolleyes: we only went with them as at time DLP sold out standard room at NHY and we didnt want to pay extra from plaza one but in future I think I would just book other hotel and have freedom to make change and add anything etc
hope you manage to sort your booking before June pixiedust:

Hey,

Sorry to jump in, but can you now prebook photopass+ before you go? or can you only buy when you get there? Have searched but everything seems to be from a few months ago and it seems to have got delayed a bit anyway.

After using photopass+ at wdw, we were pleased to hear it's now available at DLP (especially as it seems far cheaper if the advance rate is still applicable!)

You can prebook if you booked via DLRP. I have yet to work out how - think there is a special website for it - perhaps someone here can help on it!

What a shame - if you get AP or SC discount then that will be fine. Our days of APs and SCs are gone - we weren't even meant to be visiting DLRP as we're saving for WDW next year :rolleyes1.

You pre book it for £33 by phoning up the disney booking line and they add it to your package. That's the only way to get it just now, or buy it on arrival in the park

I'd also be really interested in hearing people's experiences with this!
Are there photographers dotted around the park like at wdw?
Does anyone have a list of all of the photo opportunities?

yeah:rolleyes: we only went with them as at time DLP sold out standard room at NHY and we didnt want to pay extra from plaza one but in future I think I would just book other hotel and have freedom to make change and add anything etc
hope you manage to sort your booking before June pixiedust:

All sorted now after far too many phone calls and emails with them to fix their errors.

I'd also be really interested in hearing people's experiences with this!
Are there photographers dotted around the park like at wdw?
Does anyone have a list of all of the photo opportunities?

The photographers can be found at the Meet and Greet locations around both parks and in the hotels at their Meet and Greet locations until November.

Meet Spider-Man, Backlot in WDS
Boarding House on Main Street, U.S.A
Meet Mickey Mouse in Fantasyland, Parc Disneyland
Princess Pavilion, Fantasyland, Parc Disneyland
Cafe Mickey, Disney Village
Auberge de Cendrillon, Fantasyland, Parc Disneyland (sometimes)
Inventions, Disneyland Hotel (sometimes)
Toon Plaza, WDS

I'm not a big character hunter, so I've bound to have missed a location off the list.

The photographers can be found at the Meet and Greet locations around both parks and in the hotels at their Meet and Greet locations until November.

Meet Spider-Man, Backlot in WDS
Boarding House on Main Street, U.S.A
Meet Mickey Mouse in Fantasyland, Parc Disneyland
Princess Pavilion, Fantasyland, Parc Disneyland
Cafe Mickey, Disney Village
Auberge de Cendrillon, Fantasyland, Parc Disneyland (sometimes)
Inventions, Disneyland Hotel (sometimes)
Toon Plaza, WDS

I'm not a big character hunter, so I've bound to have missed a location off the list.
Ah thank you for taking the time to comprise this list :goodvibes
I'll have to have a think about whether or not it's worth it.
I look forward to hearing of your experience with it on your upcoming trip!
What's the best way to book it in advance, is it by calling and having it added to your booking?
One last question - does anyone have any idea whether or not photographers will be accompanying the characters that will be in the parks during magic hours from Nov onwards?

So, if we are a party of 7 - two families - can we get just one pass and get all the photos? It would work out cheaper for us.

Yes you can, in the box are 3 cards 1 creditcard size and 2 smaller ones so your group can also split up.
And you can all order your own photo's when you are at home.

I just got our pass ready for tomorrow... got a AP discount:) and as I got it at Emporium they have a nice offer on for a really nice Dreams photo album for only 9.99E instead 19.99E

and Isila it will be very good for your group as you can get 3 cards so just share between for family/friend when you not all together and there is no limit on photos so the more people the cheapest it will be for you

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter