Photopass + anyone using this soon, please post your experience on return!

Is it best to create an account on the photopass website and then just input the code onto your account when you get to the parks? Or should you wait till you actually have the photopass card before making an account on the website?

I doesn't really matter.
But I would create an account before you buy the pass.
Since you have to use internet to create your account and to verify the personal code you get with the pass.

If you create your account at home, you only have to use internet to verify the code.
Which takes a lot less time, so your phone bill isn't going through the roof.

sounds like they still haven't got the stock levels right then :confused3.

They've only had one shipping so far. So they couldn't have possibly gotten the stock level right until shipping number two, which is coming on November 20th. The passes have been sold out since November 1st, which is about 2 weeks now. it hasn't been that long.

They've only had one shipping so far. So they couldn't have possibly gotten the stock level right until shipping number two, which is coming on November 20th. The passes have been sold out since November 1st, which is about 2 weeks now. it hasn't been that long.

thanks, i misunderstood, I thought there had been stock again since the busy Halloween weekend and a few days after that. Lets hope they get it right from now then :).

I was told it had been out of stock from 29 October. Although there is some doubt that was true as people reported buying it up to this date. Clearly DLRP haven't learned their lesson as I've read on twitter of others ringing up to prebook and paying for it after I did then being let down on arrival. If there is no stock onsite, central reservations should not take money from people.

I was told it had been out of stock from 29 October. Although there is some doubt that was true as people reported buying it up to this date. Clearly DLRP haven't learned their lesson as I've read on twitter of others ringing up to prebook and paying for it after I did then being let down on arrival. If there is no stock onsite, central reservations should not take money from people.

Well I bought mine on the 30th so that is incorrect.
And friends of mine bought theirs on the 31st.
It has been out of stock since November 1st.
Other friends of mine wanted to buy it on that day and they didn't have it.
I checked myself on November 3rd again and it was out of stock at the entire resort.

I doesn't really matter.
But I would create an account before you buy the pass.
Since you have to use internet to create your account and to verify the personal code you get with the pass.

If you create your account at home, you only have to use internet to verify the code.
Which takes a lot less time, so your phone bill isn't going through the roof.

Yeah I figured this would probabaly be the best thing to do! Thanks for the help :thumbsup2

Does anyone know the price difference between buying photopass on site and if you prebook it?

Yeah I figured this would probabaly be the best thing to do! Thanks for the help :thumbsup2

Does anyone know the price difference between buying photopass on site and if you prebook it?

its 39.90 euros pre-booked, 49.90 euros if you buy at DLP. AP discount also applies.

I really hope they now hold back sufficient stock from general sale to cover the Photopasses they have taken pre-bookings for. To allow what happened to DLPDreams to happen to more people would be unforgivable. In fact I think it was unforgivable for them to let it happen to her and feel she should be entitled to more than just her money back weeks later.

Well I bought mine on the 30th so that is incorrect.
And friends of mine bought theirs on the 31st.
It has been out of stock since November 1st.
Other friends of mine wanted to buy it on that day and they didn't have it.
I checked myself on November 3rd again and it was out of stock at the entire resort.

As per my post of my trip, I was told on 31st Oct that it was out of stock, park wide. DLRP have been made aware of my disappointment about this especially as I asked the CM who told me it was out of stock (when presented with my voucher), if she could ring a few shops in the park just to double check. The answer was 'no' because she knew it was out of stock park wide.

I guess my point of going on like a broken record is, please check if the same thing happens to you. If I had gone and checked a few stores myself, I may have found it. As I said though, we were on a short break and I wasn't going to spend Halloween day/night trapsing the children around looking for something I was categorically told was OOS.

I really hope they now hold back sufficient stock from general sale to cover the Photopasses they have taken pre-bookings for. To allow what happened to DLPDreams to happen to more people would be unforgivable. In fact I think it was unforgivable for them to let it happen to her and feel she should be entitled to more than just her money back weeks later.

Thank you Anemone. I can't believe how many people have come back around the time I was there and managed to buy it on the spot at a lesser known shop - it makes me annoyed. I did look at the few shops we visited and couldn't see any, and saw very few people with the lanyards/cards etc.

I am still awaiting the refund, I have been told it has been processed though, but 3 weeks is a long time to wait ::yes::. I can't be bothered to fight with them about it anymore. My first reply I got didn't even have an apology in it - it just simply said - send your back details on the attached form and we will process it!! :scared1:

I just hope everyone who has prepaid for it, gets it no problem from now on. As I said earlier, if you are into rides - it is a bargain!

Agree with everybody else - this is really worrying, hope it's in stock for our upcoming trip.

I'm off to Disney in a week for a quick trip (don't want photopass for that trip) but am then going with the family a few weeks later for a longer trip which we will want the photopass for.
We was going to call up and prebook but now I'm worried it won't be available in December when we go. I'm almost tempted to buy it onsite when I go in a week and not register it or use it until our december trip to guarantee that we have it for then. Is this even possible?

I know it costs 10 euros less to prebook but am just now concerned there won't be any stock for our dec trip... :(

Decisions decisions :confused3

Agree with everybody else - this is really worrying, hope it's in stock for our upcoming trip.

I'm off to Disney in a week for a quick trip (don't want photopass for that trip) but am then going with the family a few weeks later for a longer trip which we will want the photopass for.
We was going to call up and prebook but now I'm worried it won't be available in December when we go. I'm almost tempted to buy it onsite when I go in a week and not register it or use it until our december trip to guarantee that we have it for then. Is this even possible?

I know it costs 10 euros less to prebook but am just now concerned there won't be any stock for our dec trip... :(

Decisions decisions :confused3

It will be back on stock in just 3 days.
And considering the popularity of it, the stock level is much higher this time.

Please keep in mind that they only had one shipping so far.
It was on sale for 4 weeks and it has been sold out for 2 weeks now.
The Photopass+ is still a new thing, and with a first shipping they're not gonna order a million of them if they will only sell 100.
It's clearly that it's popular, so the next shipping will be a lot more.

I came back today , they where aout of stock for normal selling but they had some in the back for people with vouchers.

I came back today , they where aout of stock for normal selling but they had some in the back for people with vouchers.

thanks for that - so with a voucher did you still have to go to a shop to get the photopack, or did you get the pack at the hotel when you checked in?

I was given a voucher at check in Elaine. Then told to go and exchange for pack in the hotel shop. The voucher also lists all the other shops that stock it.

As I said earlier, when I got to the shop the CM said they were out of stock. Clearly the receptionist had no idea which isn't very good but that's DLRP communication for you. But I have to be honest and say I found the GF reception very disorganized and clueless. Wasn't impressed at all, so no wonder! I don't think I've stayed anywhere where reception don't even explain breakfast to you and he didn't even mention EMH either! :-(

Sounds like they've finally agreed to honour those that have prepaid. Should have done that from the beginning though. Still no sign of my refund!

Got mine this afternoon at floras. Went up to DLH shop and manger came and explained that they have taken all stock from all shops and pooled them all there. So anyone going just head straight for floras. You won't see them on display, you need to ask for them.

Forgive me guys, but which one is floras? Is it on Main Street? We arrive a week on Sunday, fingers crossed they still have stock!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter