Pete's rants for 8/05/09

Everyone has said things that are not nice about another person at one time or another. No one can say they haven't. Most people do it and don't realize they are doing it. Everyone one is human and we can't please everyone. I personally was not offended by what he said and anyway he did say that she was the head of Human Resources. It was an analogy he didn't mean she really was "the cleaning woman".

This is what I don't understand about Disney. The IT department is at lunch? Really? Is the IT department one person in an office with no windows surrounded by computers and hard drives? This should be a world-class operation yet I've never known Disney to have decent computer systems whether it be the website, the reservation systems or anything else I can think of.

The IT dept is outsourced....

There is your answer.

Everyone has said things that are not nice about another person at one time or another. No one can say they haven't. Most people do it and don't realize they are doing it. Everyone one is human and we can't please everyone. I personally was not offended by what he said and anyway he did say that she was the head of Human Resources. It was an analogy he didn't mean she really was "the cleaning woman".

Well put.

It drives me crazy when people on the boards assume others are "fighting" or "arguing" when they just have different opinions. I don't understand why two opposing sides can't debate a topic otherwise.

As far as ABD is concerned, yeah, it definitely sounds like they're stalling. Something is up. How could they not want those spots taken though? Somehing is weird here. :confused:

Well put.

It drives me crazy when people on the boards assume others are "fighting" or "arguing" when they just have different opinions. I don't understand why two opposing sides can't debate a topic otherwise.

Totally agree. I enjoy hearing others opinions, gives me something to think about and, occasionally, I will even change my original opinion/thought because of what is said about something. Could happen!:goodvibes

I've been catching up on some recent podcasts, and I came across the price increase rant from early August. I will start by saying that I agree, this is a lousy PR move, but I can't agree that this it's a bad business decision. Park attendance is up over last year, revenue is down. The reason behind this is that the park patrons aren't spending as much on park purchases (souvenirs and dining). Increasing park ticket prices is a method of getting increased revenue from the increased attendance; in fact, it is the only way to get increased revenue when in-park spending is down. Add to this the fact that crowded parks also increase employees's hours, which in turn increases their wages. Now parks are being asked to entertain more people while generating less revenue. Something has to give. Either they cut hours of operation, which further limits the possibility of in-park spending, or they raise ticket prices.

As a side note, charging a premium for the dining plan is in response to guest demand (supply/demand); fundamental economic principles dictate that increased demand increases the price. If this increased price decreases sales of the dining plan, we'll see this pricing structure done away with.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter