Pete thinks Fall Discounts will be released in the not so distant future....

Interesting. We'll be there the first week in November, and there doesn't seem to be much availability then. If they do release discounts, I hope that week isn't excluded!
In the past many of the discounts exclude that week. (NJ week)This year I got an agency exclusive before they announced Galaxy's Edge. Not sure if it is still available.

I am not surprised by any of this. I think Disney made a big miscalculation. The idea of opening 1/2 of SWGE right around the time that kids (and teachers) go back to school was seriously flawed IMO. Some people aren't comfortable pulling their kids out of school, and teachers can't take time off during the school year (especially not right at the beginning). Opening 1/2 of an anticipated land isn't going to change that. And if you're a Star Wars fan who is comfortable taking your kids out of school to visit WDW, why wouldn't you just push your trip back and wait until the whole land is open if you could? That was exactly our thinking when we decided to just wait until spring 2020 for our next WDW trip instead of tacking on some park days to our fall cruise.

Last edited:

I hope they come out with some good discounts. I don't mind it if they only open half of SWGE. DS wants to see it and he hasn't seen FoP or SDD or the new Soarin yet.

I am not surprised by any of this. I think Disney made a big miscalculation. The idea of opening 1/2 of SWGE right around the time that kids (and teachers) go back to school was seriously flawed IMO. Some people aren't comfortable pulling their kids out of school, and teachers can't take time off during the school year (especially not right at the beginning). Opening 1/2 of an anticipated land isn't going to change that. And if you're a Star Wars fan who is comfortable taking your kids out of school to visit WDW, why wouldn't you just push your trip back and wait until the whole land is open if you could? That was exactly our thinking when we decided to just wait until spring 2020 for our next WDW trip instead of tacking on some park days to our fall cruise.
An interesting observation by someone on the Disneyland side of the board today on the makeup of the people they saw at SWGE addresses this a bit. School season might not matter as much to this target audience.

“While I waited for my Cantina reservation I sat in the shade under the bridge and did some people watching. The majority of the people were NOT the typical Disney family, it seemed alot more males, alot more older teenage and upwards couples.”
(Not that I think it’s gonna bring mass crowds when it opens at WDW for months on end. It certainly hasn’t at DLR.)

I booked November 29 - December 3 and availability is super limited. No values available at all and prices at some resorts like Beach Club were over $700 for a standard room.

An interesting observation by someone on the Disneyland side of the board today on the makeup of the people they saw at SWGE addresses this a bit. School season might not matter as much to this target audience.

“While I waited for my Cantina reservation I sat in the shade under the bridge and did some people watching. The majority of the people were NOT the typical Disney family, it seemed alot more males, alot more older teenage and upwards couples.”
(Not that I think it’s gonna bring mass crowds when it opens at WDW for months on end. It certainly hasn’t at DLR.)
Ive heard that discussion. The Star Wars fan isn't necessarily a Disney Fan and vis-a-versa. Many many older folks that couldn't really care less about disney.

I booked November 29 - December 3 and availability is super limited. No values available at all and prices at some resorts like Beach Club were over $700 for a standard room.
I’ve seen other reports first week of Dec has tight availability. I’m thinking it’s a mix of late Thanksgiving crowds (since Thanksgiving is on Nov 28 this year) and the Pop Warner crowds since that starts Dec 6. You’re dated are definitely going to be impacted by both.

I keep checking this thread and the Disney website inbetween doing chores and errands (more checking is going on than chores) 😄

Me too! Room only discount is fine with me. I keep checking in and out all day for any tidbit that would indicate discounts coming.

I’ve seen other reports first week of Dec has tight availability. I’m thinking it’s a mix of late Thanksgiving crowds (since Thanksgiving is on Nov 28 this year) and the Pop Warner crowds since that starts Dec 6. You’re dated are definitely going to be impacted by both.

Yes, it's ridiculous, and has me regretting planning our vacation that week, but it's what worked for my husband. However, a nice CM discount was released a coupled weeks ago for that week for CSR, and CBR also had a CM discount, which filled up the remainder of the rooms at those resorts. It doesn't matter whose in those rooms, though; sold out is sold out.

There is absolutely NOTHING available except $2,000+ Copper Creek Villas for December 1 - 7. I am booked for Thanksgiving Day through Dec. 3 at Pop and I am trying to either add a day on the end or scoot the whole trip to Dec 1 through 6. Maybe tomorrow will be the magic day?

Yeah, I noticed availability tapering off going into Jersey Week and tanking completely for the first week of December.

There is absolutely NOTHING available except $2,000+ Copper Creek Villas for December 1 - 7. I am booked for Thanksgiving Day through Dec. 3 at Pop and I am trying to either add a day on the end or scoot the whole trip to Dec 1 through 6. Maybe tomorrow will be the magic day?

The $2,000 Copper Creek Villas is the only thing that's been showing availability for the first half of my trip, December 4 - 8. Then rooms start opening up. I booked early last month and I'm glad I did, but am considering a split stay if they offer a discount for the second half of my trip.

We booked Nov 20-26 for my daughters 3rd birthday. Hoping there will be some sort of discount, room only or AP, but I don’t have my hopes up with it being so close to Thanksgiving.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter