Pete thinks Fall Discounts will be released in the not so distant future....

If there are discounts, do people think that it will be for both General and AP?

Looking at historical info, AP, FL, Disney Visa discounts have come out before General for the fall timeframe. That’s no guarantee for how they’ll do things this year, but if I had to guess, General will come, just after the others.

People seem antsy because 1) fall discounts last year came earlier than years prior and 2) discounts through Sept 30 came so darn early this year (they were out in January) so there’s been nothing new for a while. I say patience; they’re still coming.

Fingers crossed they're released soon! Currently booked 10/14-19 at WL for my son's 2nd birthday. Room only would be nice!

Looking at historical info, AP, FL, Disney Visa discounts have come out before General for the fall timeframe. That’s no guarantee for how they’ll do things this year, but if I had to guess, General will come, just after the others.

People seem antsy because 1) fall discounts last year came earlier than years prior and 2) discounts through Sept 30 came so darn early this year (they were out in January) so there’s been nothing new for a while. I say patience; they’re still coming.

If I’m being totally honest, I’m also antsy because I don’t entirely trust Disney anymore. I’ve seen them implement changes that I don’t agree with (paying for parking at the resorts and increasing AP prices by $$$ overnight are two that come to mind). I am very hopeful that they’ll offer discounts for Fall 2019 and beyond. I don’t see the business sense in ceasing discounts outright as there will always be slower times of year when they’ll need to encourage attendance. Plus discounts can cause guests to move up a category. We stay at AKL far more often than we used to because we got a taste for it as a discount.

We’ll be going in Sept 2019 and March 2020 regardless of whether discounts are available. But after that we might look at visiting WDW less often.

Last edited:

If I’m being totally honest, I’m also antsy because I don’t entirely trust Disney anymore. I’ve seen them implement changes that I don’t agree with (paying for parking at the resorts and increasing AP prices by $$$ overnight are two that come to mind).

i so so agree with you on this. i absolutely love visiting wdw, but the way things are being run is really starting to sour me. we have been AP holders for many years and the most recent price increase was really disturbing.

i know i’m being impatient and frustrated because the summer discounts came out so early this year and it feels like we have been waiting forever for something else. here’s hoping we can get back to the excitement soon. :-)

If no discounts come out for September then unfortunately I am cancelling our trip this year and will instead visit another favorite non-Disney destination. I've never paid rack rate this time of year and for only 1 day we have planned at HS to see a half complete SWGE it's not at all worth it.

If no discounts come out for September then unfortunately I am cancelling our trip this year and will instead visit another favorite non-Disney destination. I've never paid rack rate this time of year and for only 1 day we have planned at HS to see a half complete SWGE it's not at all worth it.

This is our opinion as well. We are hoping for a discount in October. I am not sure we have ever paid rack rate at any time of year. For what we would pay rack rate I can go to Europe for a week. We will see.

If no discounts are released for fall, we will still go because airfare is already booked and the trip is already promised to the kids, but it will probably be our last trip for a long time.

My sweet loving Disney feelings soured a bit with the huge overnight AP price increase, and zero discounts for the fall (along with all of the other insane price increases lately) would only add insult to injury.

This is our opinion as well. We are hoping for a discount in October. I am not sure we have ever paid rack rate at any time of year. For what we would pay rack rate I can go to Europe for a week. We will see.

This was my thought, too!

I think they are waiting on SWGE but I feel like those people who really need to see it have booked and those who are waiting for the whole land to be open are waiting. I don't think there are going to be any material changes in bookings.

And for people like me who could care less about SWGE bring me a discount :)

I’m glad that last September we decided to book a cruise instead of going to Disney this year for our kids Fall break. We were still looking at possibly a weekend on property before our cruise (RCL), but yesterday I booked our pre-trip at the Hard Rock hotel in Daytona instead. $225 per night for a club level suite with two queens and free breakfast for two each day (FL/GA residents discount). I can see my kids loving this place and wanting to go there in the future over Disney. Add our week long cruise in two connecting rooms and our excursions, still cheaper than a week at the mouse!

School season might not matter as much to this target audience.

“While I waited for my Cantina reservation I sat in the shade under the bridge and did some people watching. The majority of the people were NOT the typical Disney family, it seemed alot more males, alot more older teenage and upwards couples.”

Except guys in their teens/early 20s will have school and or work unlikely to let them travel.

The average Star Wars fan is male, 35-55, with kids, and above average income.

It's a great target market but they will have kids and likely want to share something like this with their kids.

Said this from the start when we decided to take our next trip that I expect September to be slightly busier but I don't expect anything crazy.

Following. We are already booked for Sept. 17-25 at POFQ with the Sun and Fun Discount that was released during the winter....however, if there is a better discount that is announced, I will have my TA try and apply to this existing reservation, OR I will try to upgrade to deluxe.

No offense to anyone who is waiting for a fall discount but I am really hoping Disney doesn’t come out with one.
Just because hotel rooms aren’t sold out doesn’t mean Disney world will be slow. There are thousands and thousands of local passholders that don’t need a room. There are also thousands of people who have booked an off property hotel so they don’t have to be gouged on the nightly rate or parking fees. God help those of us that will be there if Disney does offer a discount to fill the remaining rooms.

I have dates book in November. I would like to see a discount. Otherwise, I'm happy with the rates I have. I booked CBR at $214. The rate has since gone up.

No offense to anyone who is waiting for a fall discount but I am really hoping Disney doesn’t come out with one.
Just because hotel rooms aren’t sold out doesn’t mean Disney world will be slow. There are thousands and thousands of local passholders that don’t need a room. There are also thousands of people who have booked an off property hotel so they don’t have to be gouged on the nightly rate or parking fees. God help those of us that will be there if Disney does offer a discount to fill the remaining rooms.
Wouldn’t it be exactly the same then as any other time they offer discounts? I mean if they offer discounts to fill empty rooms then it will be exactly the same this year ppl wise. Wouldn’t make it any busier than normal 🤷‍♀️

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter