PC OPTIMUM, Lets share deals, offers, info

Ugggg….DH was called back to work, starting Monday. So now I have to go to the grocery store again to get what he needs to makes his lunch for the week. I told him that if it's raining Sunday morning, as predicted, I'll get up and go then but if not he is going to have to make due with what's in the house and I will go to the store Monday.

and gotta vent a touch......My mother has been harassing me constantly to order my groceries online, she even offered to pay for my groceries if I would do it. It totally rubs me the wrong way because I keep telling her the same thing....I refuse to take a spot away from someone LIKE HER or someone with cancer etc. that truly can not/should not go to the store. Plus, I don't have enough fridge space for 2 weeks worth of food AND we eat a lot of fruit/veg that doesn't keep for 2 weeks. So what does SHE do....she goes out to the grocery store to buy cake mixes!!!!!! She then bakes a bunch of crap and brings it to my house. My DH is borderline diabetic and we don't eat that stuff. She knows this but doesn't care. She says that my girls would like it......Um NO. NO ONE IN THIS HOUSE WANTS HIGH FAT, HIGH SUGAR GARBAGE. If it was once that would be ok but this is the 3rd time in 4 weeks.
So raise your hand if you also have a mother that doesn't give a s@#$ about your dietary restrictions and goes to the grocery store for stupid reasons after telling you that YOU shouldn't go.
Well, maybe turn this around. It may be that doing the baking makes her feel better, it might not be to spite you. Baking helps some people's anxiety levels lower. My advice is just say thank you and then either give it to someone else, maybe an elderly neighbour, or toss it but don't be angry with her. This could be what keeps her sane in a time of immense stress.
I to am a mother of grown children who have their own homes and families. You could very well be describing me when you talk about her wanting to keep you safe, to have your groceries delivered. No matter how old your children, they are still your children and you want what's best for them, you want them safe. If that means making the same suggestion over and over, something you see as harassing, then that is what we do. Believe me, when your children get older and move on you will be doing the same thing. Maybe not in the same way but the same thing.
My point is, just realize she is doing this because she loves you and wants to protect you in the only way she can that is in her control. My suggestion is to again just say thank you but not necessary, no matter how many times you have to say it. Don't get stressed over it all, it's all done out of love. :flower3:

Oh my, I sent one in this morning and already have the points in my account. How many points were you missing? I find anything under 5000 points gets posted almost immediately while anything over takes a while.
Also, how did you send in the requests? Did you do it from the points/receipt area?
That has not been my experience and there was a period when I was sending the request on a weekly basis, sometimes multiple times per week (the good old days of shopping whenever). I've had the missing points in as little as 1 hour but that was very rare. Points usually appear within a 6-12 hour period along with an email noting they had added them. As long as you have put in the transaction number they can see what's on the receipt, that your card was swiped and what your offers are.

BTW, they will no longer correct points if you forgot to swipe your card. That policy came into effect sometime early March.

Ugggg….DH was called back to work, starting Monday. So now I have to go to the grocery store again to get what he needs to makes his lunch for the week. I told him that if it's raining Sunday morning, as predicted, I'll get up and go then but if not he is going to have to make due with what's in the house and I will go to the store Monday.

and gotta vent a touch......My mother has been harassing me constantly to order my groceries online, she even offered to pay for my groceries if I would do it. It totally rubs me the wrong way because I keep telling her the same thing....I refuse to take a spot away from someone LIKE HER or someone with cancer etc. that truly can not/should not go to the store. Plus, I don't have enough fridge space for 2 weeks worth of food AND we eat a lot of fruit/veg that doesn't keep for 2 weeks. So what does SHE do....she goes out to the grocery store to buy cake mixes!!!!!! She then bakes a bunch of crap and brings it to my house. My DH is borderline diabetic and we don't eat that stuff. She knows this but doesn't care. She says that my girls would like it......Um NO. NO ONE IN THIS HOUSE WANTS HIGH FAT, HIGH SUGAR GARBAGE. If it was once that would be ok but this is the 3rd time in 4 weeks.
So raise your hand if you also have a mother that doesn't give a s@#$ about your dietary restrictions and goes to the grocery store for stupid reasons after telling you that YOU shouldn't go.

this sounds really frustrating!

My MIL is not the same. She isn’t worried about us going to the grocery store (we send one person, max once per week, but we’re stretching it out with online orders). But every time she goes to costco, she gets us food. She’s done this for years. At first, the food was what you’re describing. Lots of “treats,” regardless of what we eat and enjoy. We’ve tried to suggest things, and it’s finally to the point that she tells us the day before she shops so we can send a list. She sticks to it, for the most part, and gets us what we need rather than what she wants to buy.

As far as parents being the ones who should use delivery/order service...I really hear you. I know for my MIL, it’s a question of physical vs. mental health. We’ve has conversations about how hard this is, because it seems like it helps her to know everyone feels isolated right now. But I think shopping once a week brings her mental comfort that’s worth it.

Anyways, my guess is that your mom is buying you the kinds of things that comfort her, to try and take care of her kids/grandkids. I would try saying “we appreciate the offer, but next time can you let me know before you shop and I’ll tell you what we’re out of?” She still gets to feel like she’s helping, and you get food your family actually eats.

Well, maybe turn this around. It may be that doing the baking makes her feel better, it might not be to spite you. Baking helps some people's anxiety levels lower. My advice is just say thank you and then either give it to someone else, maybe an elderly neighbour, or toss it but don't be angry with her. This could be what keeps her sane in a time of immense stress.
I to am a mother of grown children who have their own homes and families. You could very well be describing me when you talk about her wanting to keep you safe, to have your groceries delivered. No matter how old your children, they are still your children and you want what's best for them, you want them safe. If that means making the same suggestion over and over, something you see as harassing, then that is what we do. Believe me, when your children get older and move on you will be doing the same thing. Maybe not in the same way but the same thing.
My point is, just realize she is doing this because she loves you and wants to protect you in the only way she can that is in her control. My suggestion is to again just say thank you but not necessary, no matter how many times you have to say it. Don't get stressed over it all, it's all done out of love. :flower3:
LOL....my DH said something similar. That she's worried, he is sooooo not Mr. Wisdom so it was startling to hear, but I did agree. I'm irked about her going to the grocery store when she is on me about it every second day. Plus, she lives alone and if she gets sick she's in big trouble which she is well aware of....she is not a healthy person. She has even taken her will out and told me that it's sitting on top of her fireplace. My mother doesn't go out much anyway so staying home is not a big deal for her. Although, it is different when you CAN'T go out. She doesn't bake any other time so I don't know why now. We have had MANY conversations over the last few years about what food we eat and don't eat. She flat out says she doesn't care. I get that she doesn't know what diabetics can and can not eat...DH is totally controlled by diet so he's not like someone on insulin that can have a splurge meal and then take their insulin. He's right on the edge and we have to be very careful. I've explained all that and have given her simple examples what things we almost never eat...pasta being one. What does she do? She ordered huge party sized containers of pasta from a local pasta place and has them delivered to my house. She told me she was placing an order and would treat us to dinner....I said great, just some Veal and salad for us. She calls later and asks how the PASTA was. So she knew there was no mistake.

Both my girls are adults and I agree with you....I will always be their mummy. However, right now I'm ready to drop them all off somewhere....DH too.

I guess I sound like I'm being harsh on my mother. My brothers and I were sort of left to our own devises when we were kids. Our parents were always at work and not involved. So the relationship is VERY different. When I had kids I changed my whole life to be available to them 24/7.

My mom doesn’t bake and she does make food we like for us. When I deliver her groceries, I pick up the food. However, my mom wants me to go get cash from the bank for her. If I am buying groceries for her, why does she need cash? I told her I would do it later next week. She then said she would walk to the bank with the walker herself to get cash. Seriously?! She is almost 90. So, I went to the bank for her. My mom can be unreasonable sometimes. It’s hard to reason with her. I know everyone is worried about COVID-19. I wonder if you are able to give the baked food to neighbours or friends.

this sounds really frustrating!

My MIL is not the same. She isn’t worried about us going to the grocery store (we send one person, max once per week, but we’re stretching it out with online orders). But every time she goes to costco, she gets us food. She’s done this for years. At first, the food was what you’re describing. Lots of “treats,” regardless of what we eat and enjoy. We’ve tried to suggest things, and it’s finally to the point that she tells us the day before she shops so we can send a list. She sticks to it, for the most part, and gets us what we need rather than what she wants to buy.

As far as parents being the ones who should use delivery/order service...I really hear you. I know for my MIL, it’s a question of physical vs. mental health. We’ve has conversations about how hard this is, because it seems like it helps her to know everyone feels isolated right now. But I think shopping once a week brings her mental comfort that’s worth it.

Anyways, my guess is that your mom is buying you the kinds of things that comfort her, to try and take care of her kids/grandkids. I would try saying “we appreciate the offer, but next time can you let me know before you shop and I’ll tell you what we’re out of?” She still gets to feel like she’s helping, and you get food your family actually eats.
My mother is not getting her groceries....I am, with my brother getting her the odd thing in between. She is scared of the grocery store but then goes for something stupid like a cake mix.

Costco, as far as I'm concerned, I'm the only store truly doing this thing right. The line outside is crazy long but once you are inside it feels empty. So probably the best place for a senior to shop.

My mother is not getting her groceries....I am, with my brother getting her the odd thing in between. She is scared of the grocery store but then goes for something stupid like a cake mix.

Costco, as far as I'm concerned, I'm the only store truly doing this thing right. The line outside is crazy long but once you are inside it feels empty. So probably the best place for a senior to shop.

That sounds really frustrating!

I haven’t been to costco since this started, since my MIL does our filler trips, but we’re going to have to go soon to restock our freezer meats, specific supplements, and other things we’re picky about. I’ve heard really good things though!

That sounds really frustrating!

I haven’t been to costco since this started, since my MIL does our filler trips, but we’re going to have to go soon to restock our freezer meats, specific supplements, and other things we’re picky about. I’ve heard really good things though!
I had to go last week to pick up a prescription so I decided that I would buy anything and everything that I wanted from there. I’ve never spent so much money at once. Normally I would go and pick up a few things here and there. So now I won’t need anything from there for months. Anyway, I arrived 30 minutes before they were supposed to open and the line outside was crazy. It went back and forth across the front 5 times. They said it would take an hour and it was about 65-70 minutes until I got inside. They have the line outside totally defined and marked with skids, tape and pylons. Most people had a cart and used that as well as the 2m markings on the ground to space out....was probably more like 4m or more between people. Plenty of staff telling you where you can and can not be. They completely spray the carts outside and give you a clean one. Then inside they also have staff directing people. Once inside It felt like private shopping, there were so few people. I think it also helps that the aisles are very wide so even when you cross plates with someone you’re not near them.

I don't shop at Costco, I used to but always over spent so I didn't renew my membership and have managed without it. I think there are some products they sell you can't get elsewhere, and oh I do miss their yoga pants. Maybe when this is over I'll join again, we'll see.

I met up with my parents and sister in a parking lot half way between our homes, to get the broken/now fixed laptop from my dad for my kiddo. My parents also bought him 3 bags of apples, a huge bag of pears, chips, chicken noodle soup, extra noodles for the soup, and while we were there my dad went in to get my sister some yeast and flour, and also bought the boy some plums. My son has been eating 3 to 4 apples a day, the bags of apples do not last a week any more. So this was quite helpful. And if we do get sick now I have enough chicken noodle soup to last awhile, they got me 4 boxes and I already had 2 big boxes so we have enough for 16+ pots of soup I think... And with all the fruit I shouldn't need to go to the store this week, or at least for 10 days or so based on the meat I have in the house.

It was really weird to see them, at a distance of course, and not be able to give hugs when we were ready to go.

I did an online shop with No Frills yesterday. This was a different one to the one I've used before 3/4 times. I got an email (no phone call) with a list of what wasn't able to be added to my order....carrots, salad, lettuce and a few other things. . . along with a note that, although I had approved substitutions, no substitutions would be made (eg. 3 lb bag of carrots for the 2 lb that I ordered, the larger salad for the smaller etc). This was disappointing. Like the other No Frills, this is a self-serve store, so you have to enter the store for pick up. My daughter went into the store, leaving me in the car. She noted that the store was well-marked for COVID19 shopping, and the cart was disinfected before she went in. The pick up was NOT well-marked, however, and she felt she had to wend her way through to the fridge/pantry/freezer doors. We picked up the missing veggies at our local small grocery store on the way home. I didn't get much in the way of PC points (1300), but 1300 is better than nothing, I guess.

I met up with my parents and sister in a parking lot half way between our homes, to get the broken/now fixed laptop from my dad for my kiddo. My parents also bought him 3 bags of apples, a huge bag of pears, chips, chicken noodle soup, extra noodles for the soup, and while we were there my dad went in to get my sister some yeast and flour, and also bought the boy some plums.
I make chicken noodle soup with green floaties all the time and now I have started adding cooked chicken to it for an added protein. I save my leftover chicken breasts from Swiss Chalet or any rotiessiere chicken and freeze the pieces) or you could even cook extra chicken one day (and freeze it). I add a few small pieces to the soup while the water is starting to boil and I too also add extra noodles to the soup because who doesn't love more noodles. My nephew loves it and I make it for him sometimes before he goes to work as he lives with me.

Oh my, I sent one in this morning and already have the points in my account. How many points were you missing? I find anything under 5000 points gets posted almost immediately while anything over takes a while.
Also, how did you send in the requests? Did you do it from the points/receipt area?
one is for 3600 and the other is for 5000 and it's the same thing I've needed to send requests in 3 other times. The first 3 they appeared within an hour of submitting the request and I used the same method this time - I go into the app, choose the transaction and then use the missing points button. I put lots of detail into my request because it's mildly confusing (obviously it is always missed!) Just wondering why 2 haven't been dealt with when 3 have been accepted and posted. I'll just wait I guess

one is for 3600 and the other is for 5000 and it's the same thing I've needed to send requests in 3 other times. The first 3 they appeared within an hour of submitting the request and I used the same method this time - I go into the app, choose the transaction and then use the missing points button. I put lots of detail into my request because it's mildly confusing (obviously it is always missed!) Just wondering why 2 haven't been dealt with when 3 have been accepted and posted. I'll just wait I guess
I don’t think there is any rhyme or reason to how they handle it and don’t believe it has anything to do with the number of points. Just keep an eye on it and keep submitting the request until they add the points.

ugh, sounds frustrating. i hope your missing points show up soon. you seem to have just the worst luck with the program!

My mom doesn’t bake and she does make food we like for us. When I deliver her groceries, I pick up the food. However, my mom wants me to go get cash from the bank for her. If I am buying groceries for her, why does she need cash? I told her I would do it later next week. She then said she would walk to the bank with the walker herself to get cash. Seriously?! She is almost 90. So, I went to the bank for her. My mom can be unreasonable sometimes. It’s hard to reason with her. I know everyone is worried about COVID-19. I wonder if you are able to give the baked food to neighbours or friends.
That’s makes me think of my grandmother. If she told you to do something and you said you would do it later she would just do it herself. VERY stubborn personality. Everything was her way or the highway. She once confessed that she kept doing things because she was afraid if she stopped she would never be able to do it again.

LOL...my closest friends are also diabetic and my next door neighbour is too drunk to eat. I’ve lived in my house for 22 years and never seen a bag of groceries enter that house. Lots of pizza boxes on garbage day though. There is a neighborhood down the street that I could give the baking to but I would need to soak it in rat poison first.

Has anyone tried, using the app, to have an order at one store, and then another order at another stroe? I know you can only have one per for a particular store, say Loblaws, but can you have a second at, say Superstore? Every 2 weeks still puts me having to go in to the store for the items they limit, like milk and meat. I can't just have those once every two weeks.

Has anyone tried, using the app, to have an order at one store, and then another order at another stroe? I know you can only have one per for a particular store, say Loblaws, but can you have a second at, say Superstore? Every 2 weeks still puts me having to go in to the store for the items they limit, like milk and meat. I can't just have those once every two weeks.
Have you tried ordering more than the in-store limit? I made a note on my order because I was concerned with limits and at the time I was ordering for 4 families but last order I got 3 dozen eggs and 5 Bags of milk. Could just be my Superstore though or, that I noted I was buying for ourselves plus 3 families of seniors?

Have you tried ordering more than the in-store limit? I made a note on my order because I was concerned with limits and at the time I was ordering for 4 families but last order I got 3 dozen eggs and 5 Bags of milk. Could just be my Superstore though or, that I noted I was buying for ourselves plus 3 families of seniors?
I did, but was told they didn't have any. When I called and begged for milk in any format, I was still told a limit of 2. So, now I hunt around and I shouldn't be doing that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter