Parksavers Discount :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
So there have been many people who have purchased them and linked them to their accounts. Has anyone actually used them yet??

So there have been many people who have purchased them and linked them to their accounts. Has anyone actually used them yet??

I purchased these tickets from ParkSavers in January 2016 and used them in April-May 2016. I was able to upgrade my tickets to an AP and added days to my DH's and DD's tickets. The price of each transaction was "bridged" so we kept our savings through the upgrades. No ticket-related issues at all with park entry (the only issues we had were when we forgot to scan the same finger we used initially, and if we had accidentally gotten sunscreen on our hands before scanning).

These are not "unusual" or "special" tickets.
They are Disney tickets, issued by Disney, sold by Parksavers.

If the tickets were later found to be purchased with a stolen credit card (which is what has happened in the past), then the tickets will either be invalidated, or they could be invalid at the gate, along with a nice long interrogation from security.
Well I would never say it can't happen, as you have mentioned things have happened before. However I don't believe either of these two companies(Parksavers or Boardwalk) are here to defraud people from their money. In my own experience, Parksavers tickets worked fine for us, and I have some friends that are traveling now using Boardwalk tickets and they haven't had any issues so far.

Wow, I've never heard of either of these and now wish I didn't have so much of my budget tied up in gift cards instead if just cash savings! Does anyone know if the prices listed on Boardwalk tickets include tax? If so, I can get 5 day PH/WP passes for about $10 more than regular MYW tickets! Also, it was asking when our first day at the parks will be, but we don't have firm dates yet, anyone use them and know if this actually matters? I don't know if we can scrape up the cash to get these now anyway, but I'm trying to get all the details before I present the option to DH!

Wow, I've never heard of either of these and now wish I didn't have so much of my budget tied up in gift cards instead if just cash savings! Does anyone know if the prices listed on Boardwalk tickets include tax? If so, I can get 5 day PH/WP passes for about $10 more than regular MYW tickets! Also, it was asking when our first day at the parks will be, but we don't have firm dates yet, anyone use them and know if this actually matters? I don't know if we can scrape up the cash to get these now anyway, but I'm trying to get all the details before I present the option to DH!
Yes... Already included tax... I bought one after they reload the tickets back on... On Sat. Received the voucher on Sunday and got my code to link to MDE on Monday night...

As for date... You just pick a date on the initial purchase. This only matters if you take the voucher to the booth and get physical tickets. If you use the code to link into MDE, it will initially show you an expiration date of 2030. So I guess you should have use it up by then.

Last edited:
Got our codes tonight and linked them immediately to our MDE acct. No issues, just as my previous time purchasing.

Dang....that buy 4 days, get 3 free is a great deal! But, as far as I can tell looking at the website, it includes the park hopper but NOT the water parks :( Bummer, we intend to use the water parks.

Dang....that buy 4 days, get 3 free is a great deal! But, as far as I can tell looking at the website, it includes the park hopper but NOT the water parks :( Bummer, we intend to use the water parks.

They have virtually the same savings on the 5 day hopper plus waterpark - buy 3 get 2 free. If you needed more days you could upgrade.

Maybe this was said and sorry if it was.....if I bought parksavers tickets now to use sometime next year, could I link them to a set of our old magic bands? Our most recent bands are from a trip one month ago.

Maybe this was said and sorry if it was.....if I bought parksavers tickets now to use sometime next year, could I link them to a set of our old magic bands? Our most recent bands are from a trip one month ago.

I plan on buying the now for a trip next year. You don't link them to a specific set of magic bands. The ticket goes on your MDE account. All magic bands you have or will receive are linked to your MDE account.

I plan on buying the now for a trip next year. You don't link them to a specific set of magic bands. The ticket goes on your MDE account. All magic bands you have or will receive are linked to your MDE account.
Ok thanks. This would be our first time without purchasing MYW package with bands included. So that's good we could reuse bands instead of purchasing brand new. Thanks!

I purchased a 5 day Parksavers ticket. Added it to my MDE without any problems, worked fine when I got there.

Ok thanks. This would be our first time without purchasing MYW package with bands included. So that's good we could reuse bands instead of purchasing brand new. Thanks!

Are you still staying onsite? Just not getting a MYW package? You get bands if you book a room - no package needed! There is some question as to the battery life on the magic bands...they will always work for tapping (park entry, fast pass, room key), but the long range RFID for pictures may die. In which case, just make sure you tap the band at the pictures once you get off the ride if you want them.

Your old bands are fine, but you don't need a package to get the bands. If you stay on property, you have the option to get the bands.

Are you still staying onsite? Just not getting a MYW package? You get bands if you book a room - no package needed! There is some question as to the battery life on the magic bands...they will always work for tapping (park entry, fast pass, room key), but the long range RFID for pictures may die. In which case, just make sure you tap the band at the pictures once you get off the ride if you want them.
Yes we would be staying on-site. Yay didn't realize we'd get them with room only! Thanks!! We would be booking a trip either next year or year after. Good point about tapping for pics if using old bands. We actually got into the habit of doing that this past trip even with new bands so we didn't have missing pics or pics of other random families instead of ours.

So buy these, & upgrade when you get there...Still going to get the same savings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter