Park Swaps - Take 2???

Ohana 4 said:
Epcot sign ups tomorrow. I'm so excited! :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

It's a good thing you mentioned this. I had completely forgotten about it. I received news today that my Mamaw (grandmother) passed away as a result of the hurricane. As I'm sure you can understand, I am upset. I will try to ensure that I get the sign-ups posted but it might not be until Friday. I'm sorry for everyone who has been waiting. Thanks for your understanding. :sad1:

I'm so sorry about your grandmother. Please take all the time you need. And let us know if we can do anything to help.

Shauna - I'm so sorry to hear about your grandma -how very sad. You and your family will be in our prayers.

Don't worry about sign-ups, everyone understands...(sorry to speak for everyone but you are all very kind and I know you'd say the same!). Please let me know if you want some help with this swap, I'll be glad to step up.

Oh no I am soo sorry to hear of your loss Shauna ( i have family in Ocean Springs Miss - they made it ok thankfully) Please as eveyrone else said let me know if can help.. Michelle

So sorry to hear of your loss! Take care of you and your family first, the signuips can wait a few days. :grouphug:

Hi all.

Thank you all so much for your kind words, thoughts and prayers. I'm feeling a little better even though I can't stop crying randomly. Honestly, we all knew that it was going to happen eventually because Memaw was a young 99 years old at her last birthday in July. She has always joked that her years of smoking and drinking bourbon had preserved her well into her later years. The biggest shock is that there is truly no telling how much longer she would have been with us without this hurricane.

The other awful thing is that the family home has been severely damaged. The house and surrounding trees have been standing since before Louisiana was a part of the US and it is just heart wrenching to know that it is in such bad shape. The worst thing is that Memaw's rose garden out back got crushed when the big old magnolia out back fell over and crushed the back of the house. It's a double blow to have lost her and the roses she loved so much. I know it seems small and petty but it is still hard.

I've gone ahead and posted the sign-up for the swap. At this point, I prefer to stay busy so it's good for me to take the time to do this. I hope y'all enjoy.

Thank you all again for your condolences. You are all wonderful and your thoughtfulness is yet another reminder why this is such a wonderful place to hang out! :grouphug:

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Please let us know if there is something/ anything we can do to help you. May God bless you and your family in this time of grief.

Cindy :grouphug: :grouphug: :

Shauna, I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother. It's such a devastating blow to find out about a loss from something so unexpected as this. I'll be thinking about you in the days to come. I don't have a grandmother (mammaw, as we call it) living any more, but I miss both of them terribly. Lots of days I think about something they told me, or one of their favorite recipes, or just their love and kindness.

Shauna, I understand your pain over the roses. They were a part of your grandmother. Maybe you can buy a rose bush in memory of your grandmother and plant it at your home to be a reminder of your memories with her?

Ohana 4 said:
Shauna, I understand your pain over the roses. They were a part of your grandmother. Maybe you can buy a rose bush in memory of your grandmother and plant it at your home to be a reminder of your memories with her?

That's a wonderful idea. I'll have to follow her watering instructions of including at least a fifth of bourbon each week!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter