Park Swaps - Take 2???

TPCShauna

<font color=green> Most Cheerful Creativear<br><fo
I know this might be a bad time to ask but when does the new round of park swaps start? I remember hearing someone say end of summer but I've not heard any rumblings and I really want to participate.

Any idea? :confused3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tallies from Page 2

Votes for starting September 1 or later = 6
Votes for starting August 1 = 2

Hosts are:
Epcot - TPCShauna
Magic Kingdom - ksjayhawks
Studios - Bubbasmom
Animal Kingdom - Christinadei
Water Parks/DTD/Quest/Other - ksjayhawks (tent.)

I'm sure once all these other swaps wind down, someone will host park swaps again. I think my only problem with them is that they get too big. I'm over make 26 of each thing. :) maggie

I've decided not to host them so they are open for anyone to host-

I've just got a bad taste in my mouth after the Ride Swap so I'm done with them

-em

hey disneyland emily, what happened with the ride swap? didn't you just host it recently? (sorry if I'm confused with all the swaps going on) :) sorry it didn't go well. maggie

I'm not a fan of airing the laundry in public but since I've been asked several times over it-

I have enjoyed hosting the ride swap up until the past few weeks when I have been waiting for several packages to come. I *completely* understand that life sometimes makes things hard but IMO waiting for almost a month later is excessive esp when I know of other people in this swap who have had similar or worse things happen to them and still managed to get the stuff to me- I feel horrible for the those who tried so hard to get theirs in on time only to have everything sit at my house for 4+ weeks- It's just not fair to them

-em

ah, the flaker syndrome hit the swap. I'm sorry to hear that. been there done that (have the tshirt). maggie

Well, if I offer to host, it will definitely mean that I am able to take part. :flower: Is there much demand for another round of Park Swaps?

I would like to participate, but right now I'm up to my neck in CJ's and the other swaps. If you could start it after the 1st of Sept. or so that would be nice. I think there's also going to be an ABC's of Disney swap soon. I've just got to finish up my commitments I'm working on now before taking on much else.

and if you don't want to host all of the parks, I could host magic kingdom, but it would be small groups. whatever y'all want to do. :goodvibes maggie

Now that may be a good idea--to break it up into manageable pieces! I know I might not be up for doing 24 to 26 pieces of something (or 48-52, or 96-104). Then people could sign up for the parks they're interested in, and supposedly just do a smaller number of items. I'm afraid though, that I would want everything from all the parks! LOL!!! That's my problem--I get a little too greedy!

Emily -- so sorry that you had a negative experience with hosting. Hope I wasn't one of the culprits -- I think mine was close to being late!

Perhaps we can do smaller groups of 6-8 per park? If we commit to doing this format 3 times a year, then everyone won't feel like they had to participate in every park this time around.

I would be willing to host one park as well. We could have 5 teams - MK, Epcot, Studios, AK, and DTD/waterparks/other. Just my thoughts....

Emily so sorry to hear things didn't go so well! But it wasn't your fault! I didn't participate but did read the posts!
I no longer participate in the swaps because they have just gotten too huge. I can't handle the pressure of creating something for that many and hope that it would be good.
I think when we first started to swap we would have maybe 12 people in a swap. That was a great number.
Anyway ladies happy swapping! Emily! I know you are a great swap host! :)

I love the idea of smaller groups. I also think it is a great idea to divide the parks. I will be "in" when the time comes. :teeth:

Just another thought... we could try to limit the elements to the less labor-intensive ones and mix in some storebought. I have done embellished squares twice now and though they aren't a huge time-consuming project, you start to get bleary eyed when you're looking at 24 times 4! If we do groups larger than 8, maybe we could make it just 1 photo mat, 1 frame, 2 embellished squares, etc.... or even institute that point-system that was spoken of earlier.

I am 100% in agreement with that! The thing that was so overwhelming for me with the ride swap was 24 of each piece (or type). I think smaller groups would be way, way better!

So, do we want to try and pencil in a date to start the rounds? I'm good to host Epcot with groups of 6 to 8. So right now we have takers for:

Epcot - TPCShauna
Magic Kingdom - Nicurn
Studios - ?
Animal Kingdom - ?
Water Parks/DTD/Quest/Other - ?

Bubbasmom has agreed to host one. Any takers for the others?

Other questions:
1) Is August 1 too soon to start up the first one?
2) With smaller groups, we should hopefully be able to do 6 weeks with a 2 week "flaker" period and will definitely take time off for the holidays. That would mean that the first park should be done by September 17 if we start on August 1.
3) Should we overlap? Like the first park starts on August 1 with an end date of September 17. The second park starts on September 1 with an end date of October 22. The third park starts on October 1 with an end date of November 19 and then we take a break until after the holidays are over. How does that sound?

I think the key is just smaller groups. you could always have 3-4 of the smaller groups and if people want to be in more than one group, no big. as for the point system, I'm not sure if I'm a fan of it or not. :) as for elements, you could certainly go with one photomat or whatever, but I would keep the 4 squares. (two might look kind of odd on the page). maggie

man, clearly I'm not reading posts... I personally don't want to start anymore swaps until at least sept. I've got the xmas and scavenger hunt runs running right now, and the card swap is also going on right now. I'll have to look at my calendar but sept or jan might be better. maggie

I'd be happy to host one. AK or studios? I'd love to participate in the other parks and love the idea of smaller groups.

OK. Here's an update:

Votes for starting September 1 or later = 1
Votes for starting August 1 = 1

Hosts are:
Epcot - TPCShauna
Magic Kingdom - Nicurn
Studios - ?
Animal Kingdom - ?
Water Parks/DTD/Quest/Other - ?

Bubbasmom has agreed to host one. Which would you like?
Christinadei has agreed to host Studios or AK. Which would you like?

Anyone else?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter