Park Swaps - Take 2???

Groups of 8 or 12 sound great. Anything will seem like a breeze after cranking out 24 at a time :)

Are you planning to do a 2 month due date (January 1st) for the next swap? Because with the holidays, you might want to give everyone a little later or hold off until January for signups.

I'll be happy to pick up the 3rd group after that, sometime in the new year :) 2006 -- YIKES! Where has time gone?

Christinadei - If I were hosting, I would probably hold off until 2006 to start the next park. Disneyland_Emily made a great point about the holidays getting away from us despite our best efforts. I personally have a Thanksgiving trip to LA, finals and a 2 1/2 week trip to visit WDW and relatives over Christmas. There is no way that I could do a swap during November/December with all I have going on and I don't even have kids! I think it would be especially hard for people with families to do a swap plus everything else. There were several mentions from people saying that it would be best if the swaps ended before Thanksgiving.

Again, it is totally up to you when you start but I think you would get a much better turn-out if you start in January because everyone will have the post-holiday doldrums and will want to swap to keep their spirits up!

And I'm seriously thinking groups of 12. Much smaller than the big groups but still enough to have lots of variety!

TPCShauna said:
Christinadei - If I were hosting, I would probably hold off until 2006 to start the next park. Disneyland_Emily made a great point about the holidays getting away from us despite our best efforts. I personally have a Thanksgiving trip to LA, finals and a 2 1/2 week trip to visit WDW and relatives over Christmas. There is no way that I could do a swap during November/December with all I have going on and I don't even have kids! I think it would be especially hard for people with families to do a swap plus everything else. There were several mentions from people saying that it would be best if the swaps ended before Thanksgiving.

Again, it is totally up to you when you start but I think you would get a much better turn-out if you start in January because everyone will have the post-holiday doldrums and will want to swap to keep their spirits up!

And I'm seriously thinking groups of 12. Much smaller than the big groups but still enough to have lots of variety!

That makes sense. I'll wait and plan on starting it sometime in January. I like the idea of groups of 12. Not too hard to make and you still get lots of goodies.

Ok, I have a question, I was wondering if anyone can host a swap or if it is certain people and are swaps done at certain times?

Im asking because I would like to host a character swap if I can but I dont want to if I'm not allowed..I would do sign ups now and start September 1st..

Anybody who wants to host a swap can. The rules are made by the person hosting...such as start time, what to make, etc.

Good luck.

also, if you look at the swaps calendar sticky you can get an idea of how people are doing their swaps and what kind of things they are including. maggie

Thank you both for such a quick reply I suppose now I will give it a go :cheer2: and see what happens :)

KatDisney said:
Thank you both for such a quick reply I suppose now I will give it a go :cheer2: and see what happens :)

I don't know how it will affect your swap but the ABCs of Disney Swap and the Epcot Park Swap are both starting on September 1 with a due date of November 1.

Good luck!

I decided that I will just do the sign ups now and have the due date October 15th it seems like it will fall between everything else going on. I know I want to sign up for the ABC's swap but not the Epcot since I've never been there.

I find the hardest part of the swaps is they are limited in space,( and I totally understand why that is) and I can't be online during the day to sign up so I miss out on them. I'm sure there are alot of people this happens to :guilty:

and I am sure that there are plenty of people who would like just a character swap since you can use them for pretty much any park! :goodvibes maggie

Hello, I am a major scrapper and I have been searching for information on these swaps but cannot find directions and any info about them. Can someone please tell me how they work and what you have to do to join in and what is expected of you when you join???
THanks
Jennifer

Hi Jennifer and welcome!

Click on the "Swap Calendar" thread at the top of the board and you will find links to all the current, active, and past swaps. We have several going on right now that are full but will be taking signups soon for an Epcot swap.

Each swap has different (but similar) rules so just read through the posts to get an idea of what is expected.

Hope you join in the fun!!

Are we still doing the Epcot swap starting Sept. 1? Is this still happening? And are we going to go through the entire round of parks eventually? I'd love to do a swap of all four parks!

YES---Shuana is hosting. I PMed her the other day b/c I leave for the beach tomorrow and won't have access to a pc for a week so I would have missed signups. She is so great and is signing me up when she posts the swap. I am so excited. EPCOT is my fav park. I think she is going to do 2 groups, I am signing up in both!!!!!

Ohana 4 said:
Are we still doing the Epcot swap starting Sept. 1? Is this still happening? And are we going to go through the entire round of parks eventually? I'd love to do a swap of all four parks!

If she has two groups, I'd love to be in both as well. I thought I would get behind with all the swaps, but I'm turning into a swapaholic now! Can't wait to get started on Epcot. It's my favorite park too. I could spend days just there! I hope she does all four parks.

Ohana 4 said:
If she has two groups, I'd love to be in both as well. I thought I would get behind with all the swaps, but I'm turning into a swapaholic now! Can't wait to get started on Epcot. It's my favorite park too. I could spend days just there! I hope she does all four parks.

I am doing Epcot and several others have expressed interest in hosting the other parks.

My goal with multiple groups is to keep them small and manageable because it was way overwhelming for me to do stuff for 24 x 2 for my first swap. I was thinking groups of 12-14 max. I'm just afraid that if we all sign up for both groups, that other people will get shut out which is the point behind the two groups. I'm torn on that whole thing but yes, I'm still planning to do signups on Thursday, September 1.

Oh, of course, I understand that. But in case you have room.... :rotfl:
I'll be happy either way. I'm so excited that you're hosting Epcot! Are you focusing more on the World Showcase, or the entire park altogether? Epcot could lead into a HUGE swap. Enough for a whole swap alone if everyone does a country. I can't wait until Thursday! :goodvibes

I counted using the allears site -- 11 countries and 3 rides/show in the Wonders of Life pavillion, 2 shows/rides in the Land, 2 shows/rides in Journey into Imagination, then Ellen, Mission Space, Test Track, Spaceship Earth, and Living Seas so that is 8 + 11 so 19 if we count them all grouping the pavillions together (more if seperate) If we keep the groups smaller we will have more to choose from. Epcot is my fave park so I can't wait to get signed up on this one!!!

oh an Soarin! silly me !! I think a smaller group will work out just fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter