Park Entertainment Cuts Have Been Confirmed

Major bummed! We caught the show as we were taking a restroom break and drinking some ice water in august and they were setting up for the next set. They pulled the kids right up and we had the most amazing time as the kids danced their hearts out trying to learn and follow with the dancers. We even asked if we could take a photo of my kids with the two dancers after the set ended. The kids still talk about those 15-20 minutes as one of the best experiences our entire trip. It was such a surprise and not planned and here it became a top highlight of the entire week trip!!! It really is stuff like this that brings magic to the trip. I really don't want to see the day where Disney measures its success on if everyone is waiting 2 then 3 then 4 hours for rides. I fear since Smugglers Run hasn't consistently shown a 2-3 hour wait that somehow it will be a counted as a loss in Disney's accounting.

Increasing profits and having great entertainment shouldn’t be in opposition. If the entertainment isn’t improving guest satisfaction and driving return visits, longer stays, and positive word of mouth, then the answer is to invest in new and different entertainment.

I don’t know how they manage their budgets (I’m sure that’s crazy complex), but I wonder if the atmosphere entertainment at Galaxy’s Edge is under the same bucket as these other categories, since they have a lot of performers there and money got shifted over. Or if the development of the Illuminations replacement gets slightly offset by moving money from other places.

I can tell you that the All-American College Band at Disneyland was a key driver in me renewing my annual pass there. I don’t even love band music, but it was a surprise how fun they were. I had completely forgotten about them, and it’s actually quite an expensive program to run for what it is. Last year, it was the one touch I saw on a late summer night that made me realize I wanted stuff like this in general and it made me think to come back all summer. I guess just stumbling upon the Muppets might be that driver for someone else at MK.

What entertainment is even left? How long until all outdoor characters are either cut or just have a handler and no photopass service.

I could see it being a one for one trade but I swear everyday things are being cut left and right with no replacement unless they are hording money for the 50th.

Also I know recently I've seen videos of parades/shows where Mickey and Friends are wearing their classic outfits instead of their unique costumes (Festival of Fantasy and I think there was something else within the last month) another cost cut?

I read Pooh is back in Christopher Robin's bedroom at epcot, I'll consider that a win (I know it's not entertainment, but I was not happy to hear that M&G had ended). If only Tigger was there with him.

Just got an email reply to the one I sent guest services. Seems pretty cut-and-paste:

We are delighted that your family enjoyed The Muppets Present...Great Moments in American History!

Innovation and creativity are at the heart of everything we do, and we are completely committed to offering all our Guests the most diverse, exciting, and fun experiences in a way that only Disney can do.

We are a constantly evolving travel destination and every day and every year we make adjustments to all that we offer based on a variety of factors such as seasonal demand and Guest feedback. We hope you agree that we have an outstanding track record of creating new and innovative Attractions and entertainment offerings.

For the most up to date information regarding all of the exciting new offerings at the Walt Disney World Resort, we invite you to visit the Disney Parks Blog.

So sad to read that the Mariachi Cobre present Coco show at Epcot's Mexico pavilion is being cut. I'm confused because I read that this Saturday the 28 is the last day, but when I look in MDE, it shows no performances (it has not run on Saturdays in the past). Does anyone have more info about this? I arrive Saturday morning and would love to catch the last shows!

Last edited:
So sad to read that this wonderful show at Epcot's Mexico pavilion is being cut. I'm confused because I read that this Saturday the 28 is the last day, but when I look in MDE, it shows no performances (it has not run on Saturdays in the past). Does anyone have more info about this? I arrive Saturday morning and would love to catch the last shows!
The Coco show isn’t scheduled for the 28th. Whichever source is reporting the 28th as the last day means that the next schedule that’s put out won’t have the Coco show listed at all.

This is the reality of our capitalist economy. Disney will continue to find ways to increase profits and decrease expenses if it wants to continue as a public company. Best get accustomed to it.

Late stage capitalism in media/creative fields means that there will be a seeming lack of "creativity"

Shareholders only want guaranteed return on investment, audiences only want to be pleased. The end result is reboots, sequels, remakes and ready to market IP.

The Muppets are on the bubble of this, and aren't as sure of a bet as MCU/Princesses etc, so goodbye.
The other shows? Not even IP. Not a chance

It's odd that the Muppets are being cut. I saw Disney's premiere tv ad for Disney+ plast night during the Emmy's and the FIRST IP prominently featured was the MUPPETS.

It's odd that the Muppets are being cut. I saw Disney's premiere tv ad for Disney+ plast night during the Emmy's and the FIRST IP prominently featured was the MUPPETS.
I noticed the exact same thing and thought to myself "wait, didn't Disney CUT the Muppets from the Disney streaming service?" :scratchin

I noticed the exact same thing and thought to myself "wait, didn't Disney CUT the Muppets from the Disney streaming service?" :scratchin

There was one show that never really left development (with Josh Gad), the talk/variety show is still a go I believe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter