Park Entertainment Cuts Have Been Confirmed

I think it would be more accurate to say the MK Welcome show was moved and reworked, rather than cut. And some of the World Showcase performers you listed were rotated out and eventually replaced.

But I agree that World Showcase Players were never replaced. They were there for decades, and I never saw them fail to attract a crowd.

And some that you missed:
  • Future Corps drum & bugle corps at Epcot
  • The strength acrobats on the Epcot Fountain Stage
  • All the roving robot characters (including Muppet Labs) at Epcot over the years
  • Hollywood Hit Men band at DHS
  • Ding-a-Ling Sisters at DHS (that's going back a few years, but one of my faves)
And I miss all of the great Christmas entertainment that used to be at Epcot, including the Lights of Winter, the international tree lighting ceremony, the guy that played Carol of the Bells on a portable carillon, and now the Fountain Shows as well.

I think the Candy Lady in Japan who's name escapes me, retired and they couldn't really replace her because she was one of like six people in the world with that skill. But there's no doubt there's been loads of cuts, and not enough coming to replace it. I feel like Disney needs to realize that the more they offer the longer people are to stay or more likely they are to come back. Because there's the thought of "there's so much to see and I didn't get to do everything, we'll have to come back" or "there's so much to do and see four days isn't enough let's add on another night or two."

I feel like the atmosphere and park entertainment is what helps elevate from just well themed rides and lands to something more. The Disney magic and experience is being lost to too many cuts. I miss the night time parades, the smaller shows in EPCOT, the roving entertainment, etc. Definitely more cuts than additions. If the cuts are because of reduced attendance, and reduced attendance is because of price increases than what can we expect in the future? Its very circular and hopefully not a spiral going down. There is still plenty of magic at Disney but is just seems like the overall experience is starting to suffer some.

Sure, no doubt about it. At the same time, outside of a recent "blip" (and only time will tell if that is truly just a blip), look at attendance numbers over the past 20 years. While these changes may upset traditionalists, and believe me to some degree I'm one, it clearly is still attracting more and more people all the time.

In a perfect world, I'd love to see both...grand new attractions as well as the tiny cute touches. Even the cute touches I didn't care for, I still saw the sentimental value in them. No matter how hard we try to forget it, and while you're in the park WDW wants you to forget it too, Disney is a business. They're in it for profit. There's nothing wrong with that. We don't fault Starbucks or Apple for wanting to make profits. While I don't agree with every decision senior leadership makes at WDW, they don't have an easy job at all, and on the grand scheme of things I'm still happy with the overall product. They're not just another run of the mill theme park to me. Six Flags is the true definition of a run of the mill theme park, IMO. WDW still stands apart with the theming, the variety and mostly the amazing CMs they have.
I definitely enjoy the overall product, and I completely understand them being a business and wanting to increase profits. But that's the real issue I think people have; the focus seems to be on profits and less about customer satisfaction and experience. Over the past several years they definitely have seemed to shift more towards increasing profits and attendance as opposed to really treating the customers. And I understand, why do all of this stuff when you can cut it but still make more money? Their data apparently shows them that this is true. But that doesn't mean we like it. We, as customers, want to have a very positive and great experience. We saw value in these little things, so them being cut decreases our value. That's the real complaint here.

I'll still be going to Disney whenever I can, and I always look forward to going. I have fun every time. But I'll still be sad to see some of these go.

I’ll seriously wondering just how parred down upcoming events like festival of the holidays/arts as well as RunDisney weekends will be between Epcot’s overhaul and all these entertainment cast member cuts

I’ll seriously wondering just how parred down upcoming events like festival of the holidays/arts as well as RunDisney weekends will be between Epcot’s overhaul and all these entertainment cast member cuts
runDisney covers all costs of the characters along the various courses and the Expo. They place an order through Disney events and Disney makes sure all entertainment and Management is coordinated for the runs.

With all the cuts on both coasts I just read Disneyland is adding new entertainment to their Frontierland so maybe Florida will follow suite with new experiences

I love the Muppets. I found Great Moments very charming and fun. What a pity. I'm going to Disney this week and will go see it again.

Then again I'm still not happy that they cut the Fife and Drum too so many years ago. Disney needs more street entertainment not less.

OMG the Fife & Drum! I used to just sit there and wait for that. I'll never understand why Disney cut that and it still doesn't sit right with me. I mean it's the America pavilion right? 🙄

Seems like WDW has less and DL is getting more - anyone else notice this ?
DLand is a separate entity with their own Entertainment budget which does not affect each park’s Entertainment budget at WDW.

Each park has expected “park experience” ratios and Burudika - classified as a “diversion” on Touring Plans - isn’t a necessity when park attendance is low. That’s because guests have the ability to experience more top tier attractions and experiences due to low crowds. Recent posters report riding FoP 3 or more times during their one-day park visit.

Some Burudika-Wassalou singers can be found in FOLK and in the Nemo show so they fortunately aren’t losing all of their contracted Disney roles.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!