Parasailing At CC

Theresa35

Earning My Ears
Has anybody do this? How was it? It's been on my bucket list for years and I may just take the plunge next month.

There are a bunch of threads on this. But the gist is this: this is weather dependent, you'll be on the boat with others, your flight time goes by quickly, you get some neat vantage of the island and the ship, there is no shade on the boats they use (unless this has changed).

I hope you have a great flight into the sky!

Ditto for me, have thought about booking on my last 4 cruises but never taken the plunge. I'm interested in reading the responses.

As Quellman mentioned, this is weather dependent. We've been to Castaway Cay twice, with the anticipation of parasailing. Despite sunny weather, the parasailing was cancelled both times, due to excessive wind. We were refunded the cost of the parasailing but were disappointed. Still, we found other things to do there.

I've done it 2 times at Castaway Cay, it was great, totally worth it. I was a little scared the first time, but it's really nice and peaceful when you get up in the air. It's also a great view of Castaway Cay and the ship.

We did it on our last cruise and loved it! (Had signed up on a previous cruise, but high winds cancelled that excursion)
You don't stay up in the air very long, but it is fun, exhilarating, peaceful, and awesome views of the ship and island!

I believe we had 8 people on our boat (plus the 2 crew)-- my husband and I went up together, another lady who was solo went by herself, another couple went, and then a family of 3 went up together. You have to figure with an hour excursion, you're not going to be sailing around in the sky forever. :)

This photo is not us-- it's the family I offered to take photos for. My husband took his Gopro (on a wrist strap), but I don't have those images available at this time.
20190225_113151.jpg

We also have done it twice and had our reservation cancelled twice due to weather. My family really enjoys the peacefulness, the view of the ship, view of the island, and being dipped into the ocean. Hope you sign up and get to go.

We've booked it three times but only managed it once because of high winds. It was great. The views of CC are amazing from up high. Yes, it's quite short but well worth it IMO. We did it once in Hawaii as well and I'd still like to do it again at CC just for the views over the island.

DD did and loved it (our avatar a pic from her doing) to give a perspective of what you'll see and how high you go. We've done elsewhere and this is typical Disney safe/tame and an easy way to scratch an item off that bucket list.

My DD and i have done it twice and even my mother has done it. It's so peaceful up there!

I would love to do it, but as they do not guarantee a solo flight I never will. I cruise solo and the last thing I want is to be tethered to someone I just met. Ew.

My wife did it a few weeks ago and enjoyed the experience, but didn't think it was worth the money overall. She said the time in the air was really, really short and the vast majority of the time is spent just sitting on the boat (getting to the spot, or waiting for your turn to go).

On the flip side -- if it is your dream to try parasailing -- you're there, they do it, and you get to fly above the Caribbean which sounds like a blast even for a short period of time.

I will put a plug in for the jet skiing just because you do spend the vast majority of the port adventure actually jet skiing.

It's been canceled each time we've been at Castaway (5).
So, it sounds worth it, but be flexible to not doing it.

Personal opinion . Not worth the money. I would take a cab to 7 mile beach in Grand Cayman and parasail there for half the price and twice the time.

Says on the website 5-7min in the air but I've watched several different videos of people doing it and looks like at best they're in the air for 3min. No where near worth the money you pay for 3min.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter