Panic - Will we be allowed to fly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
well at least you got your answer. are you gonna explain to your kids before you go to the airport that you might not be left go? have you heard back from the drs yet nhs is it?? its such a shame that you cant get something as simple as a note to say one way or the other that she will be ok

Yeah sorry I thought I'd posted that, but I'm getting all confused :rotfl: . It was the out of hours doctor that phoned me back and he said that it's not in their job description as they're there to deal with emergencies and not writing letters. He told me that I would need to get in touch with a private doctor, but then proceeded to tell me there are none in Fife, where we are :confused3 .

Yeah I've already said to the kids. Bless them, they've been little angels and really understanding. I think it's actually made me feel even worse than if they'd had a strop about it :rotfl:

I don't know if it's just me though, but I swear there are less spots on her face tonight from this morning already :confused3 might just be wishful thinking though

fingers crossed & hope i dont see any posts from u on sunday (in a nice way of course ;) :rotfl: )

:rotfl: Thanks :thumbsup2

Will be keeping everything crossed for you on Sunday. You sound a little more positive :goodvibes, at least you have the comfort of knowing your money is safe if the worse comes to the worse, I sincerely hope it doesn't and that you're able to get onto that plane. :)

I will miss your posts and pm's next week.:lmao: :rotfl:

I know :lmao: You and I have been doing a lot of posting these last few days :rotfl:

Will be keeping everything crossed for you on Sunday. You sound a little more positive :goodvibes, at least you have the comfort of knowing your money is safe if the worse comes to the worse, I sincerely hope it doesn't and that you're able to get onto that plane. :)

Thanks :thumbsup2 I am definitely more positive. I really don't mind what happens now anyway, either way. Obviously we'd all still like to go on holiday, but just so long as we get that or our money back I'll be happy.

Good luck, i too dont want to read posts from you on Sunday :goodvibes

Anyway it's somehow depressing to read all around the world's it's always the same story: i broke a tooth when i was having dinner on New Year's Eve and i will have to cope with the broken tooth scratching my tongue till next Wednesday as the dentist is off work till then (next tuesday is holiday in Italy as it is Epiphany) and my problem is not serious enough for the emergency dentistry :confused3 ,

Good luck, i too dont want to read posts from you on Sunday :goodvibes

Anyway it's somehow depressing to read all around the world's it's always the same story: i broke a tooth when i was having dinner on New Year's Eve and i will have to cope with the broken tooth scratching my tongue till next Wednesday as the dentist is off work till then (next tuesday is holiday in Italy as it is Epiphany) and my problem is not serious enough for the emergency dentistry :confused3 ,

Do you think your dentist would like a new Practice Manager Giulia ? :rotfl:
Our Practice has been open all week and we provide out of hours care although thankfully that only involves the dentist and his nurse, not me.;)

Fingers crossed that you get there ok. How is your daughter anyway? Is she ill with it or just normal like my eldest was, running round like there was nothing wrong with him?

am definitely more positive. I really don't mind what happens now anyway, either way. Obviously we'd all still like to go on holiday, but just so long as we get that or our money back I'll be happy.

It's not ideal and after all the build up it will be a great disappointment if you can't go, but on the plus side you'll get to do all the planning again, I love planning our hols almost as much as being there. ;) :)

Do you think your dentist would like a new Practice Manager Giulia ? :rotfl:

Don't know i can ask him next week lol
In the meantime i could come over and have my tooth cured even if it would come out a bit expensive i think :rotfl:

Will you and your husband be able to get time off work if you need to rebook? That is always a worry of mine - insurance can't replace lost annual leave.

Fingers crossed that you get there ok. How is your daughter anyway? Is she ill with it or just normal like my eldest was, running round like there was nothing wrong with him?

She's exactly like your son was :rotfl: It's like there's nothing wrong with her at all. Thanks for asking :)

It's not ideal and after all the build up it will be a great disappointment if you can't go, but on the plus side you'll get to do all the planning again, I love planning our hols almost as much as being there. ;) :)

I'm the same. I love all the planning and get a bit carried away sometimes. It wouldn't be so bad, but usually when we get there all the planning goes out the window :rotfl:

Will you and your husband be able to get time off work if you need to rebook? That is always a worry of mine - insurance can't replace lost annual leave.

I stay at home with the kids and OH's annual leave is renewed at the end of January, so we could rebook for February onwards. You're right though, it is a bit of a pain because OH had to miss out on the kids nativities and things like that so that he had enough leave left for this holiday. He even had to go into work the first day of the holidays when no one else was there, because he would've been a day short otherwise. But to be honest it's still a small price to pay and at the moment I'm just really relieved that there's an answer that doesn't involve us losing the £1500 we paid. That's really what I thought we were facing this morning :scared:

I stay at home with the kids and OH's annual leave is renewed at the end of January, so we could rebook for February onwards. You're right though, it is a bit of a pain because OH had to miss out on the kids nativities and things like that so that he had enough leave left for this holiday. He even had to go into work the first day of the holidays when no one else was there, because he would've been a day short otherwise. But to be honest it's still a small price to pay and at the moment I'm just really relieved that there's an answer that doesn't involve us losing the £1500 we paid. That's really what I thought we were facing this morning :scared:

Hey, I've just thought, if you postpone until next Sunday, we could have our own Dis meet!:lmao:

Hey, I've just thought, if you postpone until next Sunday, we could have our own Dis meet!:lmao:

Aw that would've been great, but if we can't go on Sunday it's going to have to be February onwards. That's a shame though, would've loved to meet you and your family after all the chatting we've done the last few days. We could've left the kids with the dads and gone to the Auberge or Inventions for some fine dining :lmao:

Really pleased things are looking a little brighter for you. I'm at least glad that your Insurance Company have given some further advice.

It must be a nightmare for you - I find going away with my two children stressful enough without the added - are we/aren't we going situation!!

I must say I'm always a bit confused by the contagious period of CP - I always thought it was once the last spot has scabbed over and most of my DD1's friends who have had it have still got more spots sppearing until up to day 10. Everywhere you look and read, it states something different which really makes me wonder if they honestly do know for definite when it's not contagious or are just 'playing safe'....!

Good luck!

Aw that would've been great, but if we can't go on Sunday it's going to have to be February onwards. That's a shame though, would've loved to meet you and your family after all the chatting we've done the last few days. We could've left the kids with the dads and gone to the Auberge or Inventions for some fine dining :lmao:

That sounds like such a good plan. :lmao: Would have been nice, wouldn't it? lol

Everywhere you look and read, it states something different which really makes me wonder if they honestly do know for definite when it's not contagious or are just 'playing safe'....!

I know what you mean. This is O/T and may be TMI, but I caught chicken pox as an adult, just 3 weeks after we decided to try for a baby. I knew there wasn't much chance that I was already pregnant, but I mentioned it to the GP anyway and he was completely unconcerned and said there was no health risk in pregnancy. :scared1:

Fortunately I wasn't, but just over a month later I was.....and my son has never had chicken pox, so I presume he is awash with strong anti-bodies!

I know what you mean. This is O/T and may be TMI, but I caught chicken pox as an adult, just 3 weeks after we decided to try for a baby. I knew there wasn't much chance that I was already pregnant, but I mentioned it to the GP anyway and he was completely unconcerned and said there was no health risk in pregnancy. :scared1:

Fortunately I wasn't, but just over a month later I was.....and my son has never had chicken pox, so I presume he is awash with strong anti-bodies!

:scared1:
This is O/T too but when I was pregnant with my third baby, my middle daughter had slapped cheek. I went to the GP who said that he didn't believe it was a risk. I insisted he look it up and he found that it was a significant risk. If I had caught it, the advice is to terminate. I had to see if I was immune. I wasn't, so I had to just wait to see if I developed it. I didn't develop it, which was lucky because middle DD had slept with me every night while she was ill. Looks like we were both lucky.

:scared1:
This is O/T too but when I was pregnant with my third baby, my middle daughter had slapped cheek. I went to the GP who said that he didn't believe it was a risk. I insisted he look it up and he found that it was a significant risk. If I had caught it, the advice is to terminate. I had to see if I was immune. I wasn't, so I had to just wait to see if I developed it. I didn't develop it, which was lucky because middle DD had slept with me every night while she was ill. Looks like we were both lucky.

Ohmigosh - do you think some GPs just make it up as they go along?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter