Paid FP options coming soon to WDW?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Standby lines are also much longer without FP. I have no doubt 100 people in standby move slower with the FP line active, but without FP you'll have more people in standby. I'm going with it doesn't significantly increase the overall wait time, but I honestly don't care what the standby time is if I have a FP and with the old system we had no trouble getting what we wanted.
FP splits people so it's not that normally that Standby lines are longer without it, it's that the people who would have gotten FP now are in the same line together. Think about merge points and pausing to allow for FP. The line just continuously moves without FP (other than accounting for loading and unloading and removing ride malfunctions).

Again although it was at DLR they don't have as much reliance on FP (well MP) and it shows. The rides without it (like Pirates for example) keep moving and move fairly efficiently with overall less wait.

I think one of the only rides where it's a bit of a toss up is Soarin' just because of how you have to wait anyways for each theater and each theater's time to go by so you might get to the actual point of a theater quicker with FP but that may not guarantee you're on the ride faster.

I'll keep using FP+ (if it returns) and I will just walk right past the people waiting in the standby lines. :)
We used the heck out of FP when we went during Irma but we recognize that was a special time it's why I lean on the experiences of people I know who have gone multiple times per year (several couples own DVC too) every year and my experience at DLR (although a slightly different system). Doesn't mean I don't understand how it affects SB lines 🤷‍♀️ especially when I see it with my own dang eyes. It's totally fine if you want to continue using FP so go for it, but it's also totally fine for people to discuss the cons to it and their experiences and there's a heck of a lot more experiences leaning towards FP slows down SB than the opposite (and that's paying attention to multiple year's worth of experiences here on the Boards and discussing with DISers I know IRL).

Based on how it was last week, if they go full capacity; no FP+ I am done with WDW. I'll go to Tokyo. TOT said 30, easily was 50+. smugglers run at 45 at opening and stays there. Slinky Dog is 80+ in the desert heat, MMRR gets an hour and doesn't move.

Safari? 60 minutes. Navi river? posted 35, actual 50. Rope dropped FOP but that hit 90 at opening and stayed over an 1 hour.

I never stood in lines that long, that consistently; ever with FP.

FP is not difficult to figure out. Make 3 in the morning. Make more in the afternoon.

Based on how it was last week, if they go full capacity; no FP+ I am done with WDW. I'll go to Tokyo. TOT said 30, easily was 50+. smugglers run at 45 at opening and stays there. Slinky Dog is 80+ in the desert heat, MMRR gets an hour and doesn't move.

Safari? 60 minutes. Navi river? posted 35, actual 50. Rope dropped FOP but that hit 90 at opening and stayed over an 1 hour.

I never stood in lines that long, that consistently; ever with FP.

FP is not difficult to figure out. Make 3 in the morning. Make more in the afternoon.
When you get used to using FP it can be hard to make an adjustment to not. I agree FP isn't difficult to figure out but I don't think people were saying that? We also should keep in mind we're not in a world that is pre-pandemic yet so keep that in mind for comparing. In recent years there hasn't been a time without FP entirely in the parks so you may just be used to how the wait was. Give it time before you write it off entirely.

When you get used to using FP it can be hard to make an adjustment to not. I agree FP isn't difficult to figure out but I don't think people were saying that? We also should keep in mind we're not in a world that is pre-pandemic yet so keep that in mind for comparing. In recent years there hasn't been a time without FP entirely in the parks so you may just be used to how the wait was. Give it time before you write it off entirely.

Why does anyone that wants fp back need to give this time? I never waited an hour or more for a ride and I wouldn't. So if I'm either not able to ride a lot of things I want to because I won't wait that long, then there's no value in going. There's nothing to give time to that would change that. Wait times won't magically be reasonable once everything is fully open and there's still just standby. If they'd been reasonable there wouldn't have ever been a reason for fp or other parks to do skip the line.

Why does anyone that wants fp back need to give this time? I never waited an hour or more for a ride and I wouldn't. So if I'm either not able to ride a lot of things I want to because I won't wait that long, then there's no value in going. There's nothing to give time to that would change that. Wait times won't magically be reasonable once everything is fully open and there's still just standby. If they'd been reasonable there wouldn't have ever been a reason for fp or other parks to do skip the line.
I was just trying to say before writing WDW off because of FP right now give it some time because things are not back to pre-pandemic so you have a fair comparison of how you feel with the waits. If anyone doesn't want to go without FP of course you shouldn't feel like you have to go. I just mentioned that so someone can look at how their experience was when Disney, and hopefully many places, are under different circumstances. Disney just adjusted their mask requirement for fully vaccinated persons 2 days ago (aside from most transportation). Social distancing while a lot less than before still plays a part in the queue set up. I would say though reasonable is in the eye of the beholder. If I had a penny for every time I saw 'I won't wait more than 20 mins for a ride' I'd be a millionaire haha. And if you only ever rode things with a FP and waited 5-20 mins every time your experience may take a bit to adjust but it would be up to each person if that is the deal breaker. I was just honestly saying give it time but of course no one has to actually do that :flower3:

Is it true that fast passes will not be returning/ If not, would you predict there will be a cost to a similar line avoiding system? How much?

There are actually several threads already discussing this. At this time no one knows what is going to happen but it is the general consensus that they will be returning but no one knows what form they will take.

Directly from the Disney website, FP+ is described as riding "with little or no wait." That's one of the reasons the ratio of FP:SB heavily favored the FP line and often made SB have to wait longer.

If Disney starts charging for FP+ (or lightning pass, or whatever they end up calling it), they will have a lot of backlash if buying it doesn't result in riding "with little or no wait." If you pay for priority access and still have to wait for a long time, that will change the equation with regards to customer satisfaction of FP+.

If they start charging for something that used to be free, let's at least hope that FP++ is as good of a product as the free FP & FP+ were.

I was in AK today and there was a guy who could not get the restraints to fit on him in Flight of Passage. He waited ahead of us with his family for 1hr 45min in line. He was asked to leave the ride at the exit and when we came out there was a person from the attraction who was talking to the family telling them that since he could not ride the attraction she was going to him him and his entire family each 2 Recovery Fast Passes to be used within 24 hours on any attraction except for the newer ones.
I am tall and, partially due to Covid over-indulgence and partially due to laziness, have packed on a few and have a trip in August. In 2020 I was probably 30 lbs lighter and they packed me in that ride like a sausage...i almost gave up and then "click". Trying to lose some lbs before that trip but might not risk that. They still have the sample restraint outside the queue to make sure?

Exactly! My limit is 30 minutes wait and I rarely did that. It was never needed. There's absolutely no reason not to bring it back with the increased capacity- especially when they have nothing to draw crowds from the rides like parades and shows. At least fireworks will possibly do that in the evening, but then you choose whether to ride rides or watch fireworks. For the first time since they closed, we are considering a trip with the return of fireworks just because we think HEA is history once the anniversary show starts and I want to see it one last time. But...no FP is hard one to take. To spend what is easily going to be 7k or more is hard to swallow if I know I'm going to be skipping most of the rides that are my favorites. And waiting won't change a thing- except to make it worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter