Paid FP options coming soon to WDW?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Free Dining doesn’t cost them money. They make a fortune off it. You pay rack rate, they’ve dumbed down menus and artificially inflated prices and it really does “feel like” you’re saving money.

That said, if they implement a paid FP system and make it a perk of say Deluxe and DVC, that is an improvement on the old perk of early access because the demand will undoubtedly be lower. I’m all for that one.
That's still too many people having it.

Ya, perhaps it is, so that is good. But I wish I had kept my first box now when we were in the "test" groups of the fast passes.

This box? If this is the box you're talking about then their reason for switching to this is quite probably for faster and easier packaging since they can ship directly in this box instead of putting the highly decorated and delicate other box into another shipping box. It saves money on material and time.

This box? If this is the box you're talking about then their reason for switching to this is quite probably for faster and easier packaging since they can ship directly in this box instead of putting the highly decorated and delicate other box into another shipping box. It saves money on material and time.
View attachment 583110

I had that one. That was nice. The one before that was really nice. I can’t find a photo of it though

That's still too many people having it.
It will be less than there were before and honestly, not sure it makes a bit of difference whether it's fewer or not- If they limit the "free" to a certain class of resorts and give them prior access- the result is the same for those guests- an improved experience- and that makes it a better perk.

If I had to bet, I'd say it's coming back just like it use to be - free to everyone, resort guests get prior access. The rumor of paid FP has been floating since before FP+ ever came into existence. Selfishly, I'd like to see a pay to play, with Deluxe and DVC getting it as a perk- but I don't think it's going to happen. Bottomline for me is just bring it back-in whatever form they want, show me the hoops and I'll happily jump through them.

It will be less than there were before and honestly, not sure it makes a bit of difference whether it's fewer or not- If they limit the "free" to a certain class of resorts and give them prior access- the result is the same for those guests- an improved experience- and that makes it a better perk.

If I had to bet, I'd say it's coming back just like it use to be - free to everyone, resort guests get prior access. The rumor of paid FP has been floating since before FP+ ever came into existence. Selfishly, I'd like to see a pay to play, with Deluxe and DVC getting it as a perk- but I don't think it's going to happen. Bottomline for me is just bring it back-in whatever form they want, show me the hoops and I'll happily jump through them.

Im curious if they go to paid or resort only, did the bottom line show them that people that werent waiting inline bc of fastpass were not actually spending more $?

Its odd because if true wouldnt that say the way to drive more traffic and $ is the provide more things to do?

From what I have heard is there is a few options being talked about it. One would be limited free ones and pay for any extra ones. Another option is no free ones at all and you pay for each one. It probably be priced similar to Shanghai's at $20 a ride.

From what I have heard is there is a few options being talked about it. One would be limited free ones and pay for any extra ones. Another option is no free ones at all and you pay for each one. It probably be priced similar to Shanghai's at $20 a ride.

$20 a ride at WDW is insanity. There are way too many rides for that to be anything anyone would pay for. Shanghai Disneyland only has 34 attractions total — that includes rides and shows. WDW has 49 rides alone.

I had that one. That was nice. The one before that was really nice. I can’t find a photo of it though
I think the one I am referring too was the one before it. It was the very first box as we were in the small amount of guest who were in the "test" mode of the bands. That box was inside and out the Incrediables.

Park and Play promo:

Free Fastpasses and parking, when you book a non discounted Disney resort room.

There’s no reason for them to start charging up the wazoo for something that had been free. It makes no sense.
Well, i can think of one reason. More revenue for the till.

Why not Toss the concept of pricey, exclusive FP for sale out there to challenge the market. They only need a small number of people to bite to make it profitable. I won’t be in line. Well, unless they offer it in whatever format complementary to DVC.

Dating myself lol, I remember when they rolled out the original paid after hours access to resort guests, believe it was in area of $10 or $15 PP. it was amazing how empty MK was. That quickly disappeared as an offering.

JHMO they could easily sell out a limited number of guaranteed boarding groups for ROTR in the $100 range if not more. Again, that would let me out.

I was in HS today and at one point the que for Slinky Dog was 90 min. As we were in SB line I kept checking my phone because the amount of people that came through the FP line made me feel that FP was back. I understanding people get FP for recovery (was told recovery FP cannot be used on Slinky), Disability and I guess VIP but in the 80 minutes we were in the que I was able to count close to 289 people that came through the FP line.

Why not Toss the concept of pricey, exclusive FP for sale out there to challenge the market. They only need a small number of people to bite to make it profitable. I won’t be in line. Well, unless they offer it in whatever format complementary to DVC.

Dating myself lol, I remember when they rolled out the original paid after hours access to resort guests, believe it was in area of $10 or $15 PP. it was amazing how empty MK was. That quickly disappeared as an offering.

JHMO they could easily sell out a limited number of guaranteed boarding groups for ROTR in the $100 range if not more. Again, that would let me out.

Because at a certain point, you price yourself out of 99.99% of your market. It simply doesn’t make business sense.

I remember the $10 after hours for resort guests too- many years ago. I felt like we were splurging, but agreed, the parks were near empty.

Because at a certain point, you price yourself out of 99.99% of your market. It simply doesn’t make business sense.
Most other parks do it and none of them have an issue with attendance. Just cause it costs money doesn't mean you have to buy it.

I for one welcome a paid FP system. The less people that have FP the better FP works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter