Paid FP options coming soon to WDW?

Status
Not open for further replies.
$900 PP for 3 days
If you're talking a group of 5 or more the VIP tour comes out cheaper.
$300 per day of FP's is for 6 people though. It's $50 per day per person, with a three day minimum. With 5 people it would be even less, $750. Unless you do more days than 3. You would have to do 10 days of CL FP's with 5 people to even come remotely close to a VIP tour.

Who would have thought this thread would reach 55 pages talking about total speculation at this time?! I believe an announcement is coming, I'm just surprised how much we can find to talk about something that hasn't even been announced! :rotfl:

Just imagine what will happen when we actually know something factual!!

Who would have thought this thread would reach 55 pages talking about total speculation at this time?! I believe an announcement is coming, I'm just surprised how much we can find to talk about something that hasn't even been announced! :rotfl:

Hahaha - just shows how thirsty we are for some actual information so we can start planning!!!

On part was accurate, a BIG announcement with FP+ was on the horizon: Bonnet Creek Hilton and Waldorf Astoria can now book FP+ at 60 days out through at least the end of the year.

https://www.wdwinfo.com/news-storie...icial-walt-disney-world-hotels-with-benefits/

This means it will become even harder to get FPs of course, but it also demonstrates that the idea of paid FP+ options (unless it is paying for early access, that might be possible) is dead, after all why would they give them the benefits just to yank them away a few weeks/months later?

On part was accurate, a BIG announcement with FP+ was on the horizon: Bonnet Creek Hilton and Waldorf Astoria can now book FP+ at 60 days out through at least the end of the year.

https://www.wdwinfo.com/news-storie...icial-walt-disney-world-hotels-with-benefits/

This means it will become even harder to get FPs of course, but it also demonstrates that the idea of paid FP+ options (unless it is paying for early access, that might be possible) is dead, after all why would they give them the benefits just to yank them away a few weeks/months later?

This is so frustrating. I’m not a business expert, but why does Disney seem to be doing everything they can to cheapen their already overpriced product?

I’m not convinced this takes away the possibility of paid FP. I think there may be something to the 74 day or whatever glitch. Maybe actual onsite guests will be given the “privilege “ of purchasing an earlier window and/or additional FP at 74 days like club level gets 90 now.

It seems like they’re flooding the 60 day window now when it’s already difficult to book hard to get FP. This could force people into purchasing an earlier window of 74 days.

This is so frustrating. I’m not a business expert, but why does Disney seem to be doing everything they can to cheapen their already overpriced product?

I’m not convinced this takes away the possibility of paid FP. I think there may be something to the 74 day or whatever glitch. Maybe actual onsite guests will be given the “privilege “ of purchasing an earlier window and/or additional FP at 74 days like club level gets 90 now.

It seems like they’re flooding the 60 day window now when it’s already difficult to book hard to get FP. This could force people into purchasing an earlier window of 74 days.
I don't think they are cheapening the product necessarily. This is more of a way to expand it. They want people to use the current free FP system. It helps spread crowds between attractions.

Like you said this also could open the door for other paid options like an earlier window.

FWIW, my math has it as an approximate 4% increase in the number of guest rooms that get the 60-day window. I have no idea how that affects FPs overall. I was just interested in the number.

Adding of all these hotels to the 60 day fast pass window leads me to believe that the on-site resort guests will be getting some sort of other "perk" such as extra fast passes with early booking - for a cost - that won't be offered to those other resorts.

Just my guess.

If the 74 day FP+ window (as has been reported) is truly a test and not a 'glitch' in the system, they could be setting up for something like this:

90 days out, Concierge FP+, like it is today.
74 days out guests staying in a Disney resort.
60 days out, good neighbor hotels
30 days out, everyone else.

Now, there will likely be paid options for more FP+ or 'Express Passes' available for Disney resort guests, but the above is inline with what has been reported over the last couple of weeks.

Just some random thoughts, probably way off base, but who knows at this point.

I still wish they would go to a day by day system for obtaining FPs, but that will never happen.

If the 74 day FP+ window (as has been reported) is truly a test and not a 'glitch' in the system, they could be setting up for something like this:

Now, there will likely be paid options for more FP+ or 'Express Passes' available for Disney resort guests, but the above is inline with what has been reported over the last couple of weeks.

Interesting. I hadn't considered the possibility of Disney distinguishing between Disney and good neighbor.

I still think the 74-day will be a paid option for resort (and possibly good neighbor) guests. But that's just a guess based on 55 pages of other people's guesses.

Martin suggested that single FPs might be available for purchase, which makes me wonder if that will be at 74 days or a different option day of.

I still wish they would go to a day by day system for obtaining FPs, but that will never happen.

I could live with that.

They certainly should distinguish between on-site resort guests and a good neighbor resort guests.

Nah, it makes too much sense.... (I would like this. And then would EOWO allow 88-day booking? Oooh...).

But I think the 74-day thing is indeed a glitch. Because it's a rolling 74 versus window opens for the whole trip at 74 days. I doubt Disney is planning on people booking FPs one day at a time (which is required with a rolling window).

Last edited:

74 days out has always existed for some guests if they book for 2 weeks like we do. We typically stay 14 nights and have 10 day tickets. At 60 days we can book for the entire trip.

My guess is we will see packages of FP available with tickets or Magic My Way bookings where you can buy additional FP's just like adding park hoppers.

So we book a 14 night pkg with 10 day tickets and purchase an additional 10 FP's or something like that. I doubt they will be "anytime" FP's. They probably have to be booked the same as the rest.

I too wish they would just do day by day system. Length of stay bonus simply isnt very fair -- basically that bonus makes Fast Passes a PAID perk (As some may choose a LONGER resort vacation simply to help improve their chances to get those high demand FPs)

I could see this breakdown - even though I often wondered why they dont break it down by resort TYPE (Deluxe/Moderate/Value) as well (Deluxe guests can book sooner than Value.

Though ..with the addition of the Skyliner, the concept of Value and Moderates sort of go out the window. I am sure that AoA and Pop (which already were more expensive than All Stars) will continue to rise in price -- same with Carribbean beach.

It feels that the system will be crushed under its own weight between all the good neighbor hotels and all the new Disney hotels opening. Just too many people that can get fast passes at 60 days. (which basically helps sell PAID fast passes of some sort).
So Disney, by offering 60-day fast passes to MORE guests (and who knows if they increase supply or not), they increase the demand for fast passes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter